World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
inwardSinger

Which website is best?

inwardSinger

Hi everyone. I am waiting for a diagnosis that I am quite certain about next week. One of the things that makes me feel like there is some hope of having a social life (if not finding a soul mate necessarily) are the websites that help us find others that share our situation.

I know that this forum endorses Positive Singles and I am sure it is worth the money but before I pay for it I did a search and it looks like there are a good number of other sites for us too. I was wondering if anyone had any experiences with any of them?

The ones I have found easily with a quick search are:

www.mpwh.net/

www.stdmingles.com/

www.stdsinglesmeet.com/

http://hmates.com/

www.twocan.com/

www.stdmatch.net/

www.stdfriends.com/

www.matchstd.com/

Anyway, I am sure the list goes on. But you can see that its more than a few and I am sure many of them are very small or non existent communities. But maybe some people here can save new guys like me some foot work with trying every single one. =)

Thanks

ohthiscantbereal21

i've only tried positive singles.. haven't had much luck since most of the people on there have hsv2, but i have genital hsv1.. anyway good luck.. it's nice to know that your not the only one out there with an std. if you want i'll be your friend :)

LivingLife77

Wow great point

It seems the GHSV-1 people either don't know they have it or hide amongst the population. Every girl writing me on pos singles is GHSV-2. I am the one that posted the thing saying if you have GHSV-1 you are not protected from GHSV-2 and having both would make your life even harder. I think about who I should date. My doc says stay away from girls who don't have the H you think you have. (not confirmed yet)

My view is to date non-H people and disclose I have cold sores but not elaborate on the GHSV-1 since it is just a bunch of nerve pain mostly. I would of course use condoms and valtrex. Since my relationships are usually always very short, it would be a miracle they lasted long enough to explain in great detail how I have been tested 9 times and all negative but I def get symptoms I can't explain when I experience triggers. Even my docs barely understand--how can I expect a loved one to get that? I think it is best to suck it up and take my vicodin and disclose the oral stuff.

I actually did once--I got dumped.

Let's see within 100 miles of my area there are 6 Women with GHSV-1. 4 are under 22. This makes me think that generation is involved heavily in oral sex. The rest are older but have other things like HPV and HSV-2 as well. All are not suitable.

So that leaves no one for me to even write. So why disclose? If I did the same search on GHSV-2 girls girls I get 10+pages of hits and attractive women.

WarriorKing

Take the vicodin?

What if one of those GHSV-2 girls is the most wonderful person in the world for you and wants a long term relationship?

JBnATL

mpwh and positivesingles are two of the larger dating sites

but don't let this limit your dating pool. I have had this many years and have dated many non-h women without ever being rejected.

Herpes is such a minor disease do not let it determine who you are or who you date.

Have you searched for a support group near you? Most major metro areas have one. The one here in the ATL really helped me. I even met a girl at one of the support meetings and we dated for several months.

Good luck!

JB

Roxxus

Ignore alot of the misinformation on this site , keep in mind some of the people on here are still struggling excepting what herpes is and how it's affecting their lives. If you meet someone you like and they have hsv 2 go for it. You rejecting them for having hsv 2 is really the pot calling the kettle black because people with out herpes don't give a damn what strand you to them ghsv 1 and ghsv 2 are the same thing. Hell I don't even know which strand I have cultures don't reveal the type, but I could care less what strand I have. Positivesingles.com i've heard alot of positive things about , they all cost money but you can be on that site without the fear of rejection because herpes is actually one of the minor sti's on that site oh it gets much worse. I'm currently doing hsv related research for the infectious disease department at my university, if you have any questions I can answer them and recommend some CORRECT information about genital herpes from reputable places such as the cdc and duke medical institute.