World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
LivingLife77

Cullen Returns Today--We are Awaiting Point Score

LivingLife77

I thought I would do a new thread so we bring this to the top.

This is the fountain of youth and he has the potential to eradicate HSV in our bodies. I think that because his research has the potential to cure that he may get funding rather than just something that will supress.

Curecomingsoon will fill us in on the updates! Let's pray for a high point score!

Dear (your religious entity)

Please allow Dr. Cullen to get a high point score so he can obtain funding for HSV-1 research. This research will help millions with cold sores in the oral and genital area. Please help all these people that suffer with depression, feelings of social isolation, and pain/discomfort.

Livinglife77

Cure Coming Soon

I called and they stated "no score yet." I will try back friday.

LivingLife77

What score

Has the best chance? Do you know the ranges of an extremely positive score?

Cure Coming Soon

I do not know the ranges. I will ask Dr. Cullen's office to either explain if the score is good or where to view the score rating system.

Cure Coming Soon

Grants and Funding: Extramural Programs -

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/ep/FAQScores.html

Priority Scores & summary statements

Q: What is a priority score?

A: After discussing an application, members of the review group privately vote a numerical score. The normalized average of the scores constitutes the priority score. The scoring scale runs from 100 to 500, where 100 is best. Generally speaking, priority scores of 100 to 150 are most likely to be funded; those with scores between 150 and 200 might be funded; those with scores greater than 200 are rarely funded.

Q: If I get a good priority score, will my grant be funded?

A: All grant awards depend on availability of funds, relevance to NLM priorities, and the balance of grants in NLM's grant portfolio. Success rates and other award data are available at http://grants.nih.gov/grants/award/award.htm

Q: When can I get my priority score?

A: Priority scores are typically available within a few days after the applications are reviewed. You will be notified by mail or e-mail, or may call your program officer to find out a priority score.

Q: Will I get a written evaluation of my grant application?

A: Approximately 6-8 weeks after your application is reviewed, you will receive a written evaluation of your application called the Summary Statement. The Summary Statement is compiled by NLM’s Scientific Review Administrator. In addition to administrative information, it contains the written critiques prepared by individual reviewers, a resume and summary of the discussion by the entire review group, and recommendations regarding budget and human subject considerations. The principal investigator may ask the program officer to send the Summary Statement via e-mail or fax.

Q: I received a notice from NLM requesting additional information. Does that mean my grant will be funded?

A: No, but it does mean that your application is under consideration for funding. After the study section has met, grant applications whose priority scores fall within the fundable range are sent to the second level of review. If your application is in this group, you will receive a request from NLM's Grants Management staff for the following additional documentation: updated 'other support' for key participants; the status of Institutional Review Board action on your proposal; certification that key personnel have received training in the protection of human subjects. This request for additional information is not an award notice.

LivingLife77

Ok

Great. So you need to ask them his exact score so we know what to think based on that good information.

Cure Coming Soon

DAMNIT!

We'll I just got off the phone with Dr. Cullen's office and they stated the grant was not approved. They stated that only 8% of grants requested are approved. They received 25%.

talesofagirl
DAMNIT!

We'll I just got off the phone with Dr. Cullen's office and they stated the grant was not approved. They stated that only 8% of grants requested are approved. They received 25%.

That sucks. :-( I believe they can reapply in March, if that makes anyone feel better. (me, a tiny bit...)

Cure Coming Soon
That sucks. :-( I believe they can reapply in March, if that makes anyone feel better. (me, a tiny bit...)

Doesn't make me. That's why I'm gonna try my hardest to get PCAST to touch on HSV research on Oct. 22-23. I'm gonna call the director again probably on the 20th as a reminder. She stated she would discuss it with them on a previous phone convo.

Cure Coming Soon

Dr. Cullen will resubmit the grant request again in March.

jackang

The financial crisis cause the approval of budget is more difficult. All the money was wasted by the damn bank and house industry.Hope the economy recovery fast.

LivingLife77

I feel beat down

This was what was giving me hope..

Cullen doesn't get funding

Bloom gets rejected for funding....

all they seem to care about is vaccine which won't help us. Very frustated...I'll probably be taking a break now from the forum and mindless chatter does me no good. Besides Herpes loves when I am angry, frustrated, or depressed.

Cure Coming Soon

all they seem to care about is vaccine which won't help us. Very frustated...I'll probably be taking a break now from the forum and mindless chatter does me no good. Besides Herpes loves when I am angry, frustrated, or depressed.

Did you confirm Dr. Bloom isn't getting any funding of the 26MIL grant?

jackang

Don't lose courage,there must be a cure in the furture as the scientist is researching the viurs more deeply.

For example the herpe zoster also belong to herpes familry and it can be stay in nerve,now scientist find a vaccine to prevent it from breakout.

Who do know which way is the really cure? Maybe some potential cure way is developped by some smart scientist.Someday if someone find out it,I will thank for him face to face,no matter where he lives.