Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cure Coming Soon

What will a HSV (1/2) vaccine do for those infected already?

5 posts in this topic

So I'm seeing a lot of vaccine research mostly HSV-2 is being done at different colleges.

Can someone tell me what a vaccine would if any would do for those who currently have the virus already?

A vaccine will do nothing for those who are already affected

It only helps prevent those who do not have it from getting it.

Only a cure will help us with those who have this 'gift'. However, all the money that goes into a vaccine does move us closer to finding a cure. The more is learned about this virus the better for everyone.

JB

I think it will definately help the ones with it,bymaking it easier for dating for the fact their other could just get the vaccine,and no worries.

Does anyone know if any of the current HSV vaccines being researched are for HSV-1?

Yeah just like tigerfan said if there was a vaccine then none of us would ever have to worry about transmission. The other person would simply have to get the vaccine if they were worried. There might still be a little stigma to deal with...but if a person had the option of geting a vaccine with a 100 percent guarantee that they won't get it themselves, and they don't want to be with someone with H because they're "dirty" then they don't deserve you.