World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
notsofast22

I'm sick of

notsofast22

Letting people in my life continue to treat me badly. I'm ready to give up on past relationships, and know that they are not right for me. I'm not going to let my ex continue to drag me into her own problems. I've realized that trying to make things work with someone I was with before herpes will not change the things that have happened to me, or the way I'm being treated. I've let someone continually let me down, and continually make me feel like I'm never good enough. My diagnosis with herpes was hard enough to deal with, but being treated like I am completely disposable as a human being was so much harder to cope with. I can live with herpes, herpes will NEVER cause me as much pain as the pain someone else has made me feel. I'm not going to wait for someone to change when deep down in I know they won't. It's time to move on and start finding people who will accept me and love me for who I am, and not drag me down with their own problems. I'm going to upgrade my positive singles account and start there. There are tons of women WITH this virus who can accept me and give me the love that I deserve. I need to let go of my past so I can start to enjoy my future. I'm young, I'm damn good looking, and I WILL NOT let others continue to drag me down. I'm tired of letting this revolving door leave me out in the cold. I want to be happy, and I want someone who will make me happy. I'm completely broken and I need to start putting myself back together. I'm hurt, wore down, and have nothing else to give to someone who takes my love and throws it back in my face. Herpes has been the least of my problems this last year. I deserve so much more than what I'm getting right now, and I'm sick and tired of getting the short end of the stick. I need to be loved and feel like a person again. This is such a long post but I really needed someone to vent how I'm feeling because I don't have someone in my life to talk to these things about.

Lookonthesunnyside

Good for you! I agree, it sounds like its time to let go. Because honestly, those people do not change. Or they seem to for a bit and get your hopes up but then turn around and pull the same shit. And its true, you do not deserve it.

For yeaars (on and off) I put up with the same asshole and he would break my heart and then come crawling back, play mind games and then peace out. Then last year I slept with him and he gave me herpes. And STILL after that, with how fragile I was feeling I let him in again only to be let down. And you're right, that hurts more than the herpes itself.

Definitely remember how you're feeling in this moment and try and move on with your life. This girl seems like she'll never make you happy. And if you truly want to find happiness, whether it be on your own or with someone else you need to move on.

Even convincing yourself that you deserve better will start to make you feel better about yourself. It may be hard to pull away at first but once you get some distance I'm sure you'll feel loads better.

;)

Butterfly of the Moment

That is a sexy attitude. Get it boy haha.

memyselfI

we're listening

you are not alone. I find myself only attracted to emotionally unavailable men. Even when people love us and want to change for us they can't because as human beings we can really only change when we want to and then it's even miraculous when it happens. This of course is not fact but only my experience.

Try to love and take care of yourself as much as it sounds like you know you deserve and the chicks will be all over you!

God Bless you!

meme

chooseyourbattles

I feel the same way about my dating life. I don't want to be an afterthought. I don't want to be the precursor fling to your next relationship; I don't want to be the one to get you out of your rut so you can move up. I don't want to spend all night talking to you just so you can take that information elsewhere. I don't want to be the girl who you hide with in a hole like Saddam.

I end up being one of three things, generally:

1.) A therapeutic fling

2.) A mistake

3.) An anchor for someone who isn't good enough for me. I feel sort of like the teeth of a whale that get the plaque cleaned out of them by plankton. These guys can do what needs to be done, but they don't thrill me.

I need to be thrilled. I need to be held up on your shoulders for you to be proud of. I don't want any more stand-ins.

Notsofast22, I apologize completely.

notsofast22

No, no, no chooseyourbattles vent all you want on this post. Herpes or not we deserve to feel good about ourselves and have someone that makes us feel good. We deserve better.