World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
Wishing Well

Twilight

Wishing Well

Hey Guys,

Just finished watching the film 'Twilight' and couldn't help but draw some parallels between having HSV and the issues the main Vampire in the film has with his relationship with the human.

Thoughts?

Jingvi

I won't lie, had the same thought as well when the first movie came out, haha.

Shame I hated the book though.

Lookonthesunnyside

Haha seriously?? That never even crossed my mind.

Now18

Hahahaha I thought about the same thing while watching True Blood.

PetiteGeekGirl

I would definitely say there is a connection between herpes and vampirism, if not simply for the fact that sunlight can bring on outbreaks! Hahahaha.

I live in sunny Southern California, and have always had very pale skin, so it is definitely very difficult for me to enjoy being in the bright burning sun. Now however, I am avoiding it the best I can and actually trying to avoid going out in the daytime just to keep outbreaks down!

Wishing Well

I haven't watched true blood yet. Will check it out.

The similarities between feasting on people and herpes is uncanny! :twisted:

totalregret

do you think the sun brings out GH? that part of our body is covered. I heard it can bring on oral outbreaks, but genital outbreaks? Really?

PetiteGeekGirl

Hey totalregret,

Hmmm, I'm not particularly sure. My doctor just recommended that I stay out of the sun for the most part, because it can bring on more outbreaks. She said this knowing that I only had genital HSV-II, so since then I wondered if it can simply bring out any outbreak regardless? I've been trying to find more information on it. If I find anything I will definitely let you all know!

Butterfly of the Moment

For some reason I feel like telling people I am a vampire would be easier and less stressful for me than telling people I have herpes. haha I mean people would freak out either way (herpes/vampire) BUT if the person runs b/c I'm a vampire, a) they couldn't tell anyone about it b/c they'd look crazy and B) they would be too terrified that I'd suck 'em dry if they did tell c) I'd be dead sexy anyways and would live forever. Sorry, I know it's not where you're getting at with this thread but I thought I'd share anyways....for fun...yeah...

Lookonthesunnyside
haha I mean people would freak out either way (herpes/vampire) BUT if the person runs b/c I'm a vampire, a) they couldn't tell anyone about it b/c they'd look crazy and B) they would be too terrified that I'd suck 'em dry if they did tell c) I'd be dead sexy anyways and would live forever.

Hahaha. If they turned you down you could just make them a tasty snack anyways :mrgreen:

Wishing Well

I see the sequel is out soon. I havent read the books yet but often see them on the tube. To be honest wasn't sure what to expect when posting this so thanks to everyone who's posted so far.

Perhaps there is some beauty in the fact that the girl accepted the guy even though he was a monster, in terms of his genetic make up. Being able to fly and having enormous strength also helps!

Has anyone ever seen a film where HSV has been discussed or shown in any way other than a crack joke?

PetiteGeekGirl
Has anyone ever seen a film where HSV has been discussed or shown in any way other than a crack joke?

Great question, I have wondered that myself. Anybody know?

Wishing Well

I haven't, guess it doesn't sell.

I was watching a sitcom the other day where a character goes

''You need a truck full of Valtrex''

I stared straight at the tv and kept and expressionless face as I was probably the only one in the room who knew what it was referring to.

I contemplated asking ''whats that?'' just to see if people would know.

Butterfly of the Moment

Forgetting Sarah Marshall. Anyone watch that movie? There are a few lines in that movie that hint at stds. For example the women was upset b/c she lost her job and her boyfriend suggested she go on tour with him since she's not doing anything. She was not happy that he didn't tell her he was leaving so soon to go travel the world. He's like well I'm telling you now and she said it's not the same thing as telling her. And then he says "I didn't tell you I have genital herpes b/c they're not inflamed at the moment." He said it casually and she didn't react to it at all and that was that. It didn't seem as if it was meant as a joke but it was so random.