World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
Lookonthesunnyside

Ob on inner thighs????

Lookonthesunnyside

K so I have had this before, and first noticed this last summer (about a year after contracting GH). I will get these small patches on my inner thighs that dont itch and look like darker dry flat marks on my skin. When I touch the area the skin feels dry, they're not red, the color just looks darker than the rest of my skin. (Im fair skinned). They are less noticeable when I pull at the skin.

They also tend to occur with a few on each thigh (almost exactly opposite sides but same place) at the same time, then fade after a few days.

I'm not overweight and I dont sweat a lot, I doubt there's any way it could be friction or anything like that since my thighs dont touch.

So is this probably herpes? I read online that it could be something fungal? (EW), but I donno if it would keep coming and going if it was.

They're not very noticeable, but I am still in the habit of checking up on things 'down there' frequently so when I have looked closely I've sometimes noticed them.

To people who get obs on their thighs or butt, does this sound like an ob?

I would really appreciate any suggestions/input/ideas!

Lookonthesunnyside

Also, they started appearing (unless I just didnt notice it before), after I started a new serving job. However I'm constantly switching my outfits and often wearing dresses/skirts, so I dont think its related to anything I'm wearing.

I do remember having an ob on my right inner thigh way back when I was first diagnosed, but it looked/felt different and it was very clear what it was to me. Also it was lower down than these marks are, they're very high up.

Lookonthesunnyside

Anyone get obs on their inner thigh? What does it look like? :???:

trying

I'm almost certain that when I contracted hsv1 I also got ghsv1. I have never had a visible outbreak on my genitals, but I have had extreme itchiness and had a visible bump, that was also itchy, on my inner thigh. It was a raised, reddish bump. It did not really look anything like the sores I get on my mouth.

robster

When I first contracted it i got a rash on my inner thighs, both sides of my nuts. went away after 2 weeks and left me alone.

Came back again in october after going camping and the frikkin thig wont go away now, itchy and red. some days worse thatn others.

This is a frikkin burden.

Lookonthesunnyside

So I went to my doctor and she said that what I have on my thighs sounds like contact dermatitis. The descriptions I've read online match it exactly. Its more recently included welts and almost scaly streaks that quickly come and go. I read online that it could be because of clothing or could be something fungal. So my doc said to come in asap next time I notice the rash so that she can take a look.

Lovely :rolleyes: