World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
worriedmom2570

1st outbreak HELP

worriedmom2570

This is the first time my daughter has had an outbreak...started Thurs and the sores were open blisters by friday night/sat early am. She had an appt at the clinic this mornign - where they looked at them and said "oh those look too painful to touch" YES THATS WHY SHES THERE! Called down to get some triple antibiotic - but told her its too late for that! So they sent her home with 2 pamphlets!!!

She can barely walk - when she is laying down they burn - I bought her tucks pads..vagisil...she even was using some desitin--shes tried cool bath. All she wants is the open blistering sores to stop hurting her!!!!

The supplements and so forth I get that part and well get those, but what can stop the pain of these open genital buring blisters for her NOW???

Please any advice would be a big help as she's in so much pain - and even more depressed and upset now that she went to the clinic and left with nothing!!

momofangel

I got my daughter Dynamiclear and it seemed to help her take away the blister pain within a day or two. It's not cheap, but it helped her. Sorry this is happening-I've been there about 2 months ago. She's had one outbreak since and it was much less severe. The first OB seems to be the worst for everyone.

worriedmom2570

can you buy it in a store --- because we can't wait for it to be shipped?!?!

momofangel

No, it's a website ship only but you can over night it. We did 2 day shipping, think I spent $100 for product + shipping. Worth it, though. Also, she used a squirt bottle with warm water when going to the bathroom for some relief there. My daughter said it felt like 1000 fire ant bites-it was so painful for her, and as a mom, I understand how painful it is for you. It will end, I promise.

blackwatch

Take Valtrex immediately. Anecdotal evidence suggests the sooner she takes it the less recurring OB's she will have. Personally I would take the maximum allowable dosage too. It might already be a little late, but better late then never.

momofangel

Yes, forgot to tell you that my daughter is on Valtrex, then the lower dose valtrex for suppression. Also Lysine. I also got her a multi-vitamin high in anti-oxidants since she is a college student and doesn't eat very well. How old is your daughter? I hope ya'll are doing better-thiking of you both!

worriedmom2570

She is going to go to Urgent care in the am so they can test her, since the health dept can't apparently and get a prescription -- is the prescription for valtrex only for a certain amount of time - where she has to keep going back to the doctor to get refills?? That's a lot of dr visits! Also, how much does it cost?? She is 18, also a college student. I had read about the L-lysine and the one that has vit c and zinc etc I found so ordered that.

Tried to get her to put a paste on them of cornstarch - or some triple antibiotic ointment, but they are just too painful to touch. To make things even better - she started her period last night, so im sure the blood hurts like hell too!! :( She says they are from the top all the way back to covering her butt too...Told her to just let them air out at night, but with her period...she doesn't want to lay there pantiless!!

Thanks for the answers and thoughts!

catiesmom

I don't think antibiotic ointments or desitin are going to help. In fact, there's some indication they'll actually make it worse.

We've found that purell or peroxide works, although PAINFUL, and Dynamiclear will help. It's going to hurt, tell her to be prepared, but the first time i used it, it hurt like a bitch then i didn't feel my outbreak again at all. AT ALL. Hopefully it will help her too.

I'm not sure if the creams you offered her are these things, but this is what our links to the right say:

4) Cortisone or Steroid based medications are NOT recommended.

Steroids (or cortisone) should not be used on herpes conditions. Although they may seem to work initially they are actually contraindicative for herpes and can cause the outbreak to ‘flare up’ and become worse.

Good luck!

momofangel

Worried mom,

The Valtrex is a 10 day prescription, then the lower dose is like a maintenance that is every day. The health center at my daughter's college was able to write the prescription-don't know why they can't where your daughter is?? Anyway, hope today is better for her. Each day got a little better for my daughter. I think that the warm bath was also helpful for her with Aveeno Oatmeal bath. Does your daughter also have flu symptoms? That was even worse for my daughter than the outbreak. The valtrex seemed to clear it up in 3 or 4 days but she was sick with fever and flu for about 10 days-it was awful.

Feel free to e-mail me if you want anytime-

momofangel

Butterfly of the Moment

Valtrex is pretty expensive compared to acyclovir. I would ask for acyclovir. But if you can afford valtrex go for it.

devastatedbythis

I used neosporin and it helps but I tried hydrogen peroxide today and it cut the itching and pain cold! I soaked a facial pad with peroxide and placed it down there all night and today no pain until it dried out and I would go in the bathroom and put more neo with pain relief. I know lots of people say not to use the neo but it works wonders for me. At least she has someone like you. I could never tell my mother something like this. Oh I heard that epsom salt baths also help