World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
opinianated

pointing fingers

opinianated

I have just been tested for herpies 1or 2 or both. I will know my results in a few days I have no symptoms so i am crossing my fingers. the guy who i have been with we have not practiced safe sex. we both are seperated. he has been telling me that him and his wife are just good friends come to find out he has been enjoying both of us sexually. she decided to get tested after she saw me in his bed. she has been tested positive for genital herpies so I went to get tested. he is trying to point fingers and narrow it down. he needs to blame himself for not useing any protection and I am to blame for not insisting that he wear a condom. the finger needs to be pointed at us not trying to narrow it down to who it could of been. it has been a big wake up call for me. weither i have it or not there will always be a condom worn by my partner!

Butterfly of the Moment

The man or his wife may have had the virus for a very long time from previous relationships/relations with other people before their marriage. And since not one of you have symptoms, it will be very difficult to know who gave what to whom. Almost half if not more of people who have genital herpes/oral herpes, do not have symptoms or symptoms they recognize as herpes. For some people they get a rash or a little itch but never sores. It's possible for a couple to never pass the virus on to eachother even if they've had sex for years. And condoms don't offer full protection. Many people on this forum have gotten genital herpes even when they used a condom. All that is required to pass on the virus is skin to skin contact with the infected area and a condom doesn't cover the entire area around the groin. It's good that you are getting tested, but I would never talk to the prick again.

JBnATL

Yes just because one person has it does not mean you will get it

even though you have unprotected sex with someone who may have herpes, does not mean you will automatically get it as well. I have had plenty of unprotected sex with non h women and have never passed it along.

Good luck with your test results. Hopefully you are not a member of our 'club'.

JB

gotitsowhat

Good luck with the test results

But even if you had used a condom, it would not have provided full protection from herpes as herpes can be caught even if you use a condom, as many on here will attest from their own experiences. The truth is, people who get herpes are not careless, or promiscuous or foolish, they are unlucky.

I hope your luck runs good with this one and that it turns out you don't have it. Remember that a swab test must be done on an active outbreak at the height of the outbreak and a blood test must be done at least 3 months from time of exposure to be accurate. And if it's a blood test, then be sure it's the kind that tells which type of hsv you might have.

misscutiepie88

Best of luck to you... I know how scary this can be..

Live, Laugh, Love

J.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

Advertisement

Try a Lysine supplement for cold sores

• The Hive is Thriving!

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Smallz
      It’s really scary and depressing to find out you have this virus. When I found out, last Wednesday, I went through the emotions and the pain of a severe breakout (8 in total, all in separate spots). Today, almost a week later, I can finally move without wanting to scream. My best friends, during this time, were my detachable shower head, Naproxen, and Lidocaine 5% cream. (If you do not have a detachable shower head I recommend one or get a Peri Bottle. They help for keeping clean and for pain relief) Just as everyone here, we want this to be over with. The pain to go away. To feel “normal” again. I’ve researched and read everything I could get ahold of. Then I read about Monolaurin. It's a substance that's derived from lauric acid that is found in coconut oil and human breast milk. It supposedly helps immensely with our virus from hell!  I read that this woman started using it and she hasn’t had a break out in 2 years AND when she does feel one coming on she doubles up on her dose and BOOM, it’s gone! I ordered some off of Amazon and can’t wait for it to get here! What can it hurt, right? Seriously, what do we have to lose (besides a breakout, hopefully!) Here’s some info if you have never heard of it and want to know more. Good luck and keep your head up!   https://www.verywellhealth.com/the-benefits-of-monolaurin-89482
    • Smallz
      It’s really scary and depressing to find out you have this virus. When I found out, last Wednesday, I went through the emotions and the pain of a severe breakout (8 in total, all in separate spots). Today, almost a week later, I can finally move without wanting to scream. My best friends, during this time, were my detachable shower head, Naproxen, and Lidocaine 5% cream. (If you do not have a detachable shower head I recommend one or get a Peri Bottle. They help for keeping clean and for pain relief) Just as everyone here, we want this to be over with. The pain to go away. To feel “normal” again. I’ve researched and read everything I could get ahold of. Then I read about Monolaurin. It's a substance that's derived from lauric acid that is found in coconut oil and human breast milk. It supposedly helps immensely with our virus from hell!  I read that this woman started using it and she hasn’t had a break out in 2 years AND when she does feel one coming on she doubles up on her dose and BOOM, it’s gone! I ordered some off of Amazon and can’t wait for it to get here! What can it hurt, right? Seriously, what do we have to lose (besides a breakout, hopefully!) Here’s some info if you have never heard of it and want to know more. Good luck and keep your head up!   https://www.verywellhealth.com/the-benefits-of-monolaurin-89482  
    • fixme1
      To be fair it would be hard to prove, you could have an oral infection for years before
    • fixme1
      No they will stay anonymous due to not wanting them to be outed no doubt. That's if anything goes further cause it will be hard to prove damages hsv wise surely.
    • GotMeAtLast
      I am doing this, but also taking other supplements at the same time. I drink a ton of water so it's easy to have lemon water on hand. I am on week 2 now.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.