World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
Utah

ImmunoVEX? What is it? Vaccine? Supress? or Cure? Please read & help find the Answer

Utah

When reading about ImmunoVEX from the UK at:

http://www.biovex.com/immunovex.html

I decided to look further & found this article at this site:

http://www.bio-medicine.org/medicine-technology-1/BioVex-Announces-Regulatory-Clearance-to-Commence-a-Clinical-Study-With-ImmunoVEX-HSV2-3B-A-Vaccine-Candidate-for-Genital-Herpes-2861-1/

A paragraph from the article states this:

ImmunoVEX HSV2 is a novel live-attenuated vaccine which has been rationally designed to remove the genes that allow herpes virus to avoid the immune system. This should allow the immune system to recognize and mount a powerful immune response against the causative agent of genital herpes. In preclinical studies, immunovex HSV2 completely prevented all symptoms of genital herpes and triggered a powerful immune response, suggesting that immunovex HSV2 may be more potent than other HSV-2 vaccines for which data has been published.

So I am now confused does this mean that the live attenuated virus created will also remove the genes from the wild virus in our bodies therefore suppressing it also? Or will it only suppress the live attenuated virus & create an immune respoonse to protect someone against a wild virus if exposed after having the vaccine?

Help everyone I'm stuck here but if it does help those who already have it then its great news that they have recieved a grant for clinical trials in the UK.

redyellowpurpleblue

i emailed them ages ago. they aren't funding it at the moment or yet. same problem as everywhere, funding.

seems they are keeping it firmly behind their companies closed doors until theres enough interest to make money from it or something then they might bother to fund it.

i could go outside and chain myself outside their building but i doubt it would change anything.

RMS

They are scheduled to start the first phase this month. I have been trying to contact Philip Astley-Sparke the cheif and director but he is not responding to my emails. Does anyone know of any progress on this yet?

Cure Coming Soon
They are scheduled to start the first phase this month. I have been trying to contact Philip Astley-Sparke the cheif and director but he is not responding to my emails. Does anyone know of any progress on this yet?

A Phase 1 (HSV-2) study commenced in February 2010.

The Phase 1 study is an open label ascending dose trial, assessing safety and immune response in healthy volunteers. The study is taking place in the UK at the Chelsea and Westminster Hospital in London and will involve up to 42 already identified subjects.

mamaem

Yup, Cure Coming Soon is right, trials have started as of this month!!! Fingers crossed...................................................

mamaem

what time frame are we looking at

If these trials all would be successful, how long would it take approx before Immunex would be on the market for the general public? Would it be fast tracked? Anyone who has any ideas or guesses? How long would it take for any new drug to go through trials and be approved? 10 years? Less?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

Advertisement

Try a Lysine supplement for cold sores

• The Hive is Thriving!

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Smallz
      It’s really scary and depressing to find out you have this virus. When I found out, last Wednesday, I went through the emotions and the pain of a severe breakout (8 in total, all in separate spots). Today, almost a week later, I can finally move without wanting to scream. My best friends, during this time, were my detachable shower head, Naproxen, and Lidocaine 5% cream. (If you do not have a detachable shower head I recommend one or get a Peri Bottle. They help for keeping clean and for pain relief) Just as everyone here, we want this to be over with. The pain to go away. To feel “normal” again. I’ve researched and read everything I could get ahold of. Then I read about Monolaurin. It's a substance that's derived from lauric acid that is found in coconut oil and human breast milk. It supposedly helps immensely with our virus from hell!  I read that this woman started using it and she hasn’t had a break out in 2 years AND when she does feel one coming on she doubles up on her dose and BOOM, it’s gone! I ordered some off of Amazon and can’t wait for it to get here! What can it hurt, right? Seriously, what do we have to lose (besides a breakout, hopefully!) Here’s some info if you have never heard of it and want to know more. Good luck and keep your head up!   https://www.verywellhealth.com/the-benefits-of-monolaurin-89482
    • Smallz
      It’s really scary and depressing to find out you have this virus. When I found out, last Wednesday, I went through the emotions and the pain of a severe breakout (8 in total, all in separate spots). Today, almost a week later, I can finally move without wanting to scream. My best friends, during this time, were my detachable shower head, Naproxen, and Lidocaine 5% cream. (If you do not have a detachable shower head I recommend one or get a Peri Bottle. They help for keeping clean and for pain relief) Just as everyone here, we want this to be over with. The pain to go away. To feel “normal” again. I’ve researched and read everything I could get ahold of. Then I read about Monolaurin. It's a substance that's derived from lauric acid that is found in coconut oil and human breast milk. It supposedly helps immensely with our virus from hell!  I read that this woman started using it and she hasn’t had a break out in 2 years AND when she does feel one coming on she doubles up on her dose and BOOM, it’s gone! I ordered some off of Amazon and can’t wait for it to get here! What can it hurt, right? Seriously, what do we have to lose (besides a breakout, hopefully!) Here’s some info if you have never heard of it and want to know more. Good luck and keep your head up!   https://www.verywellhealth.com/the-benefits-of-monolaurin-89482  
    • fixme1
      To be fair it would be hard to prove, you could have an oral infection for years before
    • fixme1
      No they will stay anonymous due to not wanting them to be outed no doubt. That's if anything goes further cause it will be hard to prove damages hsv wise surely.
    • GotMeAtLast
      I am doing this, but also taking other supplements at the same time. I drink a ton of water so it's easy to have lemon water on hand. I am on week 2 now.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.