World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
sammiexx

EXTREMELY WORRIED. somebody help me:(

sammiexx

ok so im just going to throw everything out there. Please i beg you to help me i cannot function right now.

sorry if this is a long post but please read and help me out! :(:(:(:(

so i will start with the 2 encounters i THINK i got herpes from. 1 encounter was strictly genital rubbing there was no intercourse and it was once for maybe about 5-10 minutes. The second time was protected sex but the condom broke but we stopped when that happend.

NOW my symptoms: these symptoms came about 3 weeks after the skin to skin contact and about a day or 2 after the unprotected sex. so both these times dont really fir the time frame? but i dont know

my symptoms are scaring the hell out of me becuase one morning i woke up with pelvic discomfort that turned into pelvic pains and a couple night i would get HUGE pains in my pelvis. I also had slight lower back pain that went away but i experienced tingling in my feet and legs and buttocks. After this i then experienced tingling in my genitals. i was freaking out at this point. All of this went away after about 2 weeks. The tingling in the genitals lasted about 6 days! tingling is inly supposed to happen before a blister and i had NO blisters i was checked internally too!

So this went away and i didnt think much of it until about 6 days ago i came down with the flue and the next day i woke up with pelvic pain. Then the tingling in my genitals started and lasted for about the same time. I got lower back pain and i think some aches around my knees and legs. And i had this pain in my hagina for like 2 mins the other day i dont know if im making all this up in my mind or does this sound like herpes!?! i mean how can i have all these problems and not get the ONLY symptom that ensures you have herpes, sores. I dont experience severe itching or anything. i am so super worried and i have been to 3 doctors that keep saying the initial outbreak of herpes is very painful and you have sores.

please somebody help, these symptoms are so all over the place i dont know what to think, i mean what else could be causing this!?!? i have noticed these symptoms occur a couple days after my period could that maybe cause it? do you think herpes is the cause cuz im going to kill myself if it is:(:(

justmyself

Without sores to swab, the only way to get a diagnosis is a blood test. You need to wait about 3 months after the possible exposure for it to be accurate. Then get an IGG or a Western Blot test, as those are the most accurate.

Worrying about it will only make your symptoms worse, no matter what it is! It could all just be in your mind too!

Good luck!

Lookonthesunnyside

Pelvic pain and tingling do not necessarily signify herpes. Especially if you have tingling in other areas as well. While primary outbreaks are not always horrendous (they can be barely noticeable), if you dont have any other irritation, itching, bumps, or burning while you pee I would not assume that the tingling is necessarily herpes-related. If you are still worrying about this I agree, get a type-specific blood test. But know that many people who have never noticed a cold sore on their mouths will show positive for hsv type 1 antibodies. (Meaning they do have it orally but are asymptomatic). While type 1 can be genital as well, if your symptoms subside and do not progress you could probably assume that its oral.

Many other things can cause pelvic pain and discomfort, and if it doesnt go away I suggest going back to your doc and ruling out other causes.

Try not to stress, really. I wont change the outcome and will only make you feel worse. You could be worrying for no reason at all.

Hope you're feeling better!