World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
Cure Coming Soon

Dr. Bloom will receive an answer on November 16, 2009

Cure Coming Soon

Dr. Bloom has submitted an application requesting $100,000-$150,000 from Clinical and Translational Science Institute at the University of Florida. I believe Dr. Stacpoole will be the one to accept or deny his request as he's the principal investor for the NIH grant.

The last day to submit a request is Oct. 30, 2009.

The Project Period Award Date is November 16, 2009.

Note: He did not request a grant from NIH. This request is to the University of Florida who received a $26 Million grant. They win the competitive National Institutes of Health’s Clinical and Translational Science Award.

smithconfused

will definitely be praying and keeping my fingers crossed. thanks for the update.

HSVcurious

This is a defining moment, if his successful and manages to get his technology into clinical trials, within phase 1 of the clinical trials the world community will know if his CURE does succeed, thus gaining large attention. That day will probably be one of the happiest for mankind. I hope all prayers goes towards the success of Dr.Blooms research.

What makes it hard for me to understand is why will nobody buy over the licence for HSV-1 riboenzymes, doesnt the government want to cure and help people suffering from ocular herpes?

OopsNowWhat

Pessimistic asshole guy says.......

I'll believe it when I see it.

or

I'll believe it when me shit turns purple and smells like rainbow sherbert.

And a cure would truly be the happiest day of my life. Kind of like how finding out was the worst...

Cure Coming Soon

This is more of an in house grant. As long as Dr. Bloom's research falls within the realms of the Clinical and Translational Science Awards (CSTA), he should get approved.

redyellowpurpleblue

What makes it hard for me to understand is why will nobody buy over the licence for HSV-1 riboenzymes, doesnt the government want to cure and help people suffering from ocular herpes?

short answer, no

HITBYHSV

yep - your right - they rather spend the $1.8 billion in healthcare on meds to keep Pharma Industries happy.....we are just the dogs here......

LivingLife77

Well

If the meds allowed people to go through triggers like sun, alcohol, and stress without bringing it out--I would say that would be a pretty damn good cure! Even though I still don't have herpes I am praying for this for everyone else and maybe me if I ever test positive.

sputnik

funny how people say "they" - meaning the government and "we" meaning normal people (not in government). when in reality "we" elect "them". they are people just like us. they are no different.

and no, they do not want to cure anything, because suppressive medicine is much more profitable than a cure.

capitalism at it's finest.

ntdc

and no, they do not want to cure anything, because suppressive medicine is much more profitable than a cure.

capitalism at it's finest.

these kind of comments are ridiculous and rather denigrating to the numerous scientists involved in research to cure herpes and other viral diseases. There are many reasons why curing a viral disease are difficult. if you wish to see capitalism at work you will certainly see it when someone does discover a cure because the person would be made very wealthy and certainly be a front runner for the nobel prize in medicine.

if diseases could be cured simply by pronouncements from politicians and bureaucrats then cancer and HIV would be gone already.

Cure Coming Soon

Well it looks like Dr. Bloom might receive an answer before Nov. 16. I'll keep everyone posted.

LivingLife77

Well

Knowing I have constant cold sores--yes I have one as we speak and yes it is Herpes. Anyway I think if he goes after HSV-2 and he creates something that is effective--they will then go after HSV-1 because similar technology would work.

I would love to be able to go out in the sun or wind again.

Cure Coming Soon

Dr. bloom's current research does not qualify for funding from the NIH grant. Below I'll explain why and what needs to be done before Dr. Bloom can receive funding from the NIH grant.

They sent an initial response to the RFA and after some discussion, what they're looking for right now is projects that are further along towards direct clinical testing then his currently is. Dr. Bloom has came up with a list of things they need to do/complete to get to the point where that new program (CSTA) can really push Dr. Bloom's research forward. Dr. Stacpoole stated he'll be supportive of Dr. Bloom's research once he gets a few bench marks done. Dr. Bloom stated he's going to try and get those studies done as best as they can.

Dr. Bloom stated the hardest thing for them now is getting some of the pre-clinical stuff done so that they can try and get this into clinical trails with the FDA.

My question was “What needs to be done before Dr. Stacpoole gives you some funding?”

“We need to be able to show that the (hammerhead) ribozymes can inhibit the virus following reactivation.”

The 26M the UofF NIH grant funding is not for doing pre-clinical testing, it's more for getting projects that are ready for FDA approval to the next stage.

Dr. Bloom is having some computer science personnel create a website that will have up-to-date information regarding his HSV research. He stated it should be up in the next 2-3 weeks.

LivingLife77

Well

It seems S should have told B before he applied that only projects further along would get money. I hope Bloom gets his stuff in shape so eventually he will get funding. Yet another dissapointment.

Cure Coming Soon
Yet another disapointment.

I agree. I just hope there's alot of HSV cure researching going on daily even if we don't know about it.

smithconfused

Cure...thanks for the update. I hope Dr. Bloom can get pre-clinical together. Will be looking forward to his new website. Once again, thanks.

wantthebestforme
This is more of an in house grant. As long as Dr. Bloom's research falls within the realms of the Clinical and Translational Science Awards (CSTA), he should get approved.

ok so what is this research about how can it help us please let this canadian know

Cure Coming Soon
ok so what is this research about how can it help us please let this canadian know

Here's a few links about the research. The final outcome would be to have the (hammerhead) ribozymes inhibit the virus following reactivation.

• University of Florida Professor David C. Bloom – Type of research “Inhibit virus – HSV1” Webpages – Webpage 1, Webpage 2

oh blah de

Wisdom

Pessimistic asshole guy says.......

I'll believe it when I see it.

or

I'll believe it when me shit turns purple and smells like rainbow sherbert.

And a cure would truly be the happiest day of my life. Kind of like how finding out was the worst...

YOU ARE FUNNY. GOT A KICK OUT OF YOUR STATEMENT.

A cure would be great as I have been dealing with it for over 20 years. Seems to have become quite a lot less frequent with healthy habits. No wonder it took so long.

Quote for the day

Wisdom is a gift that's learned

through trail and error it's often learned.

Time and again it turns to fools

to use their acts as learning tools

oh blah de

WarriorKing
these kind of comments are ridiculous and rather denigrating to the numerous scientists involved in research to cure herpes and other viral diseases. There are many reasons why curing a viral disease are difficult. if you wish to see capitalism at work you will certainly see it when someone does discover a cure because the person would be made very wealthy and certainly be a front runner for the nobel prize in medicine.

if diseases could be cured simply by pronouncements from politicians and bureaucrats then cancer and HIV would be gone already.

Ditto. :dito: This is not like offering a new model of car from Detroit where they just have to decide what will sell this year. They have to invent something that has never been done before. Many things have been learned through the years that give us the expectation that someone will either create a vaccine or a treatment that will disable HSV, but it is not a done deal that is just waiting for corporate america to decide what to sell.