World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
Pouchoflove

Coldsore herpes?!

Pouchoflove

Is a coldsore herpes? I'm still not sure on the clarification of it!

Pouchoflove

HSV 1 is not sexually transmitted while HSV 2 is right?

SiameseDream

Nope they're bot sexually transmitted...actually HSV1 oral is a little worse because it can be spread through sharing drinks, chapstick, or just plain kissing.

chilla

oral sex n kissin

If someone has a coldsore or is shedding the virus peforms oral sex on someone they can give them genital herpes and if they kiss someone they can give them oral herpes. So coldsores(herpes) are spread sexually and non-sexually...which is why most ppl have it.

Both types (1&2) can be oral or genital

coldsoresRtheworse

whenever i read the question : "Are cold sores herpes"? i always hope the reply is "no, not at all". :(

chilla

i hear ya

whenever i read the question : "Are cold sores herpes"? i always hope the reply is "no, not at all". :(

I feel the same way about the coldsores on my "happy place" lol

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

Advertisement

Try a Lysine supplement for cold sores

• The Hive is Thriving!

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Hairpees
      I agree your post was very well written. I think I was speaking from more of a GHSV1 perspective as it relates to the oral virus so many carry and spread.   I too, before being diagnosed, was small minded and ignorat about herpes. But I believe it had to do with the way I was brought up. Looking back now I want to say it was because of my experience in college. I went to ASU, we are absolutely known for partying and STI’s. I was heavily involved in Greek life, and bascially if one person found out you had herpes your life was changed  socially and romantically. You were the girl/ guy on campus with herpes. A bunch of little 18-22 year old shits who didn’t give a flying F if you said HSV1 or HSV2. It was herpes. That’s all they were known for. Surrounding schools found out and people from your hometown found out. Maybe my generation sucks but that’s extremely sickening to witness and go through.  I now work in marketing with a bunch of people my age and older. There is a guy who disclosed and was open about herpes to a lot of us in the office and again, he was just known as the herpes guy. And no, not by me but grown adults with real jobs and education. Most likely those adults statistically had some strain of it too. But again these are my experiences. I know they are wrong now but who knows when the rest of the world will catch up.
    • mrwright
      Hello I am new to Honeycomb, I live in Chicago IL. 54 years young & single, I look forward to making many new friends here.
    • Onehotmess
      Some more good news on crispr! Restoring cells to an uninfected state once a virus is destroyed. https://phys.org/news/2018-09-cells-uninfected-state-virus.amp Now if only they could remove this virus from each of us and fix the effective cells would be no longer a dream! 
    • WilsoInAus
      But don’t you have an oral HSV-1 infection? Condoms don’t protect against that?
    • Herpeguy562
      Give it a try and report back to us. It's pretty safe vaccine approved by the FDA.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.