World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
trying

Overuse of Tea Tree Oil?

trying

Has anyone had any bad experiences w tea tree oil?

I found it to be more effective than Oil of Oregano when used topically, so i use it when I have an outbreak.

This time, however, the outbreak seems to be spreading, and the tea tree oil is having no effect. Not only that, but I'm having a constant burning sensation that I have not had before when experiencing an outbreak. Could this be a result of the tt oil, or is it just a more intense nerve pain than I am used to?

justme2323

Make sure to throw away any lip balm or chap stick you are using the second you feel a cold sore. The germs get on the chap stick and then spread over the rest of your mouth when you use it. Also make sure to keep your fingers away from your lips so that you don't spread it. Make sure to be taking your vitamins, especially your vitamin C and Zinc because these help combat the virus, especially if you're taking them before you get an outbreak.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

Advertisement

Try a Lysine supplement for cold sores

• The Hive is Thriving!

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • SillyGirlMel
      I agree, but funny thing is that I didn't check to see what they tested for until after I got HVS2, and then I looked at the testing panel and realized that testing for HVS2 is not required for this industry, it's not something they disclose to you, it's something you have to figure out for yourself.  There isn't an orientation or anything for this field of work and many girls are 18, just out of high school, some still in, when they enter... It's something I'm trying to figure out how to change... Personally as a solo and girl/girl only performer, I see a lot of good in the adult industry if they just tweaked things such as testing for HSV2, or disclosing that they don't beforehand.
    • HerpesDumbAf
      Okay so I want some physical pains, emotional pains, psychological pains, etc to how this has affected you! I’m doing this so I can have some background on not just me but for EVERYONE who experiences chronic pains or mental pains or more when I go meet with the head GYN to talk about and I quote    “You are certainly welcome to schedule an appointment with one of the other GYN providers who are in clinic this month especially if you have questions or concerns about your own health. I believe Fadyia was trying to connect us as you raised concerns about areas affecting all students in which case I’d be happy to meet and discuss when I return. J “    but the only physical pain I’ve experienced was severe nerve pain and blisters but they’ve healed and never returned , and the only mental pain i experience is when knowing you’re the “only one who has it” but I want to hear from YOU guys so I can have some backbone To why this should be talked about more when she returns. I mean everyone says we should give back to the community. So type the problems/concerns below and I’ll check them and when she returns I’ll state them! 
    • HerpesDumbAf
      Well hell if they don’t test then that’s the risk everyone takes   
    • SillyGirlMel
      I recently had to build up courage to disclose, but it was after I already had intimacy with him, I know you won't make the same mistake I did... but I think disclosing AFTER is much harder than BEFORE so let me tell you how I got myself to finally pick-up the phone and tell him... 1. I watched a lot of youtube videos about how it's the right thing to do and HAVE to do. 2.I googled about other people in my situation and how to disclose. 3.I texted him telling him that I have something I needed to tell him, then I called after he said it was good to call, and I just Nike! (Do it/Did it) The common advice I found on every google suggestion and youtube video is to "STAY CALM", he will feed off of your emotion so be calm, and be informative without being too informative/overwhelming him. I only disclosed today, but I do know that the conversation went well for what it was and for being over the phone... What happens next I don't know, I cried after I got off the phone because I felt so awful. And though I think he knew I felt guilty, ashamed and whole bunch of other things, I didn't let it take-over the discussion of what's important which is letting him know that HE will be okay, and that HSV2 is okay, common, and treatable although incurable, also the statistics of the likeliness to spread.  There has been MANY cases where one person DOESN'T spread it to their partner long as they both take precautions. I know I messed up, so I'm not the best person to get advice from, but I hope this helps at least a little bit.  If you need any youtube video references, let me know.
    • Hockeyawesome1
      I’m going to be working outside in Florida and want to know how to stop cold sores in the sun 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.