World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
coldsoresRtheworse

vainity or ultra paranoid?

coldsoresRtheworse

hi,

i have been dealing with cold sores since 1998, about 1-2 OB a year. this week i got 3 across my upper lip and im really bugging out! sigh, i cant even get myself to go to the DR and get prescribed valtrex. I rather purchase the meds online and not have insurance cover it to prevent myself from dropping off the prescription to someone. i hate the stigma attached to Cold sores. Anyone in my life i shut off and disappear, i didnt go to class this week...i'm supposed to be at work as i write this, but will call in late. I break up with women rather than tell them i get CS....:rolleyes:

help

totalregret

Do your cold sores always come back in the same location on your lip?

JBnATL

Dude, everyone gets cold sores

Why the big worry. Estimates say 80% of the population gets them.

If you have already been to a doctor and have been prescribed Valtrex, call him up and ask him to call in a prescription to your pharmacy.

Also look into taking Lysine, that has been proven to help prevent outbreaks.

You should feel lucky only having cold sores.

JB

coldsoresRtheworse
Why the big worry. Estimates say 80% of the population gets them.

If you have already been to a doctor and have been prescribed Valtrex, call him up and ask him to call in a prescription to your pharmacy.

Also look into taking Lysine, that has been proven to help prevent outbreaks.

You should feel lucky only having cold sores.

JB

I get them on the front of both lips, never in the corners.

Oh i know that im lucky that i only get sores on my lips, but still. when i see someone with them, i think to myself oh he/she got the herps....people are saying the same stuff about me when i have an OB. No i have not been to the DR. last thing i need is to worry about being in some medical data base...i know thats a stretch, but W/E

totalregret

Thanks. Mine seem to be in a different place on a different lip each time. Sounds like yours are the same? We are atypical, cause it seems most people get them in the exact same location each time...

coldsoresRtheworse
Thanks. Mine seem to be in a different place on a different lip each time. Sounds like yours are the same? We are atypical, cause it seems most people get them in the exact same location each time...

i think i got a sore on my bottom lip maybe twice. what bothers me most, is the swelling that goes with each sore. If the swelling was gone, then it would be easier to hide and not stand out. its like a have a fat lip, lol. all last week my upper lip felt dry and i had to constantly apply lip balm. it wasn't a tingling sensation, as i would have applied abreva, more like severe chapped lips. lol, its like my body knows that i know what to look for prior to an outbreak, so it disguised its self as chapped lips instead of the tingling sensation. lol

totalregret

maybe it was just chapped lips? it's starting to get cold and windy. i think once you get tingling you always get tingling. if no sore came out then it's probably chapped lips, they can cause swelling too.

if i take acyclovir when it tingles then my sores are super small, almost like pimples.

coldsoresRtheworse
maybe it was just chapped lips? it's starting to get cold and windy. i think once you get tingling you always get tingling. if no sore came out then it's probably chapped lips, they can cause swelling too.

if i take acyclovir when it tingles then my sores are super small, almost like pimples.

im either going to the dr or buying them without a script...i cant be stagnated like this, i have school, work, a life....just wish i purchased it after my last breakout

Butterfly of the Moment

Hey, when I first got coldsores I bought dynamiclear. I have both oral and genital herpes. Not cool. But dynamiclear is good for the oral sores. I apply directly from the bottle and it turns the sore "bluish" and then the sore scabs up within the day and swelling goes down. Actually, I just got over my last oral coldsore and decided to try something new. When I felt the tingling telling me I'm getting a coldsore I immediately applied purrell with aloe to my lip constantly ALL DAY LONG for about 2 days and I only got a tiny little sore that I could barely see. I applied dynamiclaer to that and it dried up. Usually I get swelling and a clearly visible sore(s). I got the purrell idea from another post. It kills the virus and I figured I'd get a jumpstart on kicking my outbreak's ass before it got too big and bad to handle. I'm definately doing this again b/c dynamiclear seems to only work on the actual sore it self (the height of your outbreak) while I prefer to not let it get that far in the first place. Good luck.