World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
lifesstillgood

Could herpes be a blessing in disguise

lifesstillgood

I have been thinking alot about why certain people are asymptomatic and others are bothered by herpes. Then I started thinking about why certain people get certain illnesses and others lead seemingly illness free lives. I have been endlessly looking on the web as to why this may be. I think what it may come down to is that certain people just naturally have a more alkaline environment. The body naturally stays at between 7.3 and 7.4 ph. I think those those go just below that 7.3 ph are the ones that have issues. Illnesses such as cancer and herpes and many others cannot thrive in an alkaline environment. So I have changed just a few things in my life. I still eat whatever I want except artifical sweeteners. It is what I have added to my regimen that has me feeling so good in general. Like I still cant believe it. I now have added greens to my diet. I take 6 kyogreen tablets a day. I have also started drinking water with a full lemon squeezed in it. I break it up into two glasses. I am also taking kyolic garlic and olive leaf. Watermelon is the next most alkaline next to lemon that you can consume. Im telling you herpes is a health blessing in disguise. It has opened my eyes and I know in the end I will be an all around healthier person for having contracted it in the first place. :mrgreen:

Misty67

I love to read positive post on here!

I know I am taking MUCH better care of myself!! I hardly ever even think about "H", just taking care of myself!!

pingu

I guess you've been handed lemons (herpes) and decided to make lemonade instead of moaning. Thank you for the positive message. I needed that.:-D

JBnATL

I have heard several people say that herpes has changed their lives for the better

One friend of mine lost around 25 pounds after she was diagnosed. Initially she was really upset and could not eat. Now she is down to what she should weigh and guys are constantly hitting on her now.

She says this is the best thing to ever happen to her

JB

live4themusic

Not sure I understand this whole body ph thing. Lemons are extremely ACIDIC. Not alkiline. So how does consuming them make your ph more alkiline?

lifesstillgood
Not sure I understand this whole body ph thing. Lemons are extremely ACIDIC. Not alkiline. So how does consuming them make your ph more alkiline?

Lemons are acidic - but once you ingest it, it is the most alkaline forming foods you can put in your body. Sounds crazy I know.

Wishing Well

There is a tape from Anthony Robbins about Alkline and health, its from his Get the Edge program which I really found useful.

Denise 07

I love to hear these positive stories and give me hope :p I am fairly new to this but I've already lost weight and am eating much healthier than I did before having H. I think it gave me a wake up call. I guess I've been so upset about getting this and now my body is finally looking better. It's very strange.

notsofast22

I too have become a health nut now too! Havn't had a soda in like 2 months, I don't even crave it, I love my water. I did lemons for a while but havent bought lemons in a while and I need to do that. No more fast food everyday and yogurt is the shiznit! Herpes has definitely made me way healthier.

SiameseDream

I love positive posts like this. EVERYONE on this forum should at least take some time to learn their body...read up, and educate themselves on proper diet, how things work, etc.

LAK

weeeeelllllll, glad to see all the positive stuff but here's one from the life makes no sense department.......

i'm positive for hsv 1 and 2. i don't eat right, the only exercise i get is work, although i've quit now i've drunk like a self-abusive binging little fish for most of my life and i'm a pack and a half a day smoker. i've never shown a sign of hsv1 and my hsv2 outbreaks are so minimal i'd never have known i had it without a test. i get sick less often than almost anyone i know.

who knows? i tend to think genetics plays a large part in these things as well.

Wishing Well

I think its natural some peoples bodies can cope better than others. Have a smoke and drink for those not so lucky!!!! ;)

SiameseDream

Everyone is different, some people are as healthy as a horse...while others have the immune system of a canary.

PicadillyPeaCoat

We all need to hear something positive. I was all bummed out today about having another outbreak, but then I found out this lovely woman from work just found out she has metastatic cancer and has about 2 months left to live. Here I am bitching about having a few little sores downstairs, and this woman is dying and has a positive attitude about life. Sometimes I think we need to stop feeling sorry for ourselves, because it could be worse. If given the choice, I'd rather have herpes than cancer.

mileshi78

OK...well, I just have to point out...

the idea that maintaining a certain ph in your body is not just a "health" idea.

That is specifically a notion that is quite popular right now in "alternative medicine" or "natural medicine", whatever you wish to call it.

ph as a function of disease vulnerability is not accepted by "mainstream" medicine and there are no scientific studies to really support this conclusion.

Am I saying it's BS? No, I am only saying that there are no recognized clinical studies to support it's validity as there are with, say, the ability of valtrex to reduce viral shedding.

Some people "naturally" have more immunity to a particular virus than other people. If this were not so, all of Europe would have been wiped out by smallpox. Or polio. Some people exposed to HIV display no symptoms of it despite the fact that the virus is present in their body. Researchers want to discover why that might be.

Perhaps it is because their body ph is below a certain value. But that really has not been determined.

Also, cancers and virus are often different animals. A virus is a very tiny little ball of trouble and very adapted by nature. Unraveling it is not easy.

mileshi78
I have been thinking alot about why certain people are asymptomatic and others are bothered by herpes. Then I started thinking about why certain people get certain illnesses and others lead seemingly illness free lives. I have been endlessly looking on the web as to why this may be. I think what it may come down to is that certain people just naturally have a more alkaline environment. The body naturally stays at between 7.3 and 7.4 ph. I think those those go just below that 7.3 ph are the ones that have issues. Illnesses such as cancer and herpes and many others cannot thrive in an alkaline environment. So I have changed just a few things in my life. I still eat whatever I want except artifical sweeteners. It is what I have added to my regimen that has me feeling so good in general. Like I still cant believe it. I now have added greens to my diet. I take 6 kyogreen tablets a day. I have also started drinking water with a full lemon squeezed in it. I break it up into two glasses. I am also taking kyolic garlic and olive leaf. Watermelon is the next most alkaline next to lemon that you can consume. Im telling you herpes is a health blessing in disguise. It has opened my eyes and I know in the end I will be an all around healthier person for having contracted it in the first place. :mrgreen:

I can't let this go. Please read the article below written by a real expert on the subject. "Natural" healing has been used for centuries and has failed to rid mankind of disease. We can suffer for many more centuries if we fail to use real science to fight our battles....

Acid/Alkaline Theory of Disease Is Nonsense

Gabe Mirkin, M.D.

Have you seen advertisements for products such as coral calcium or alkaline water that are supposed to neutralize acid in your bloodstream? Taking calcium or drinking alkaline water does not affect blood acidity. Anyone who tells you that certain foods or supplements make your stomach or blood acidic does not understand nutrition.

You should not believe that it matters whether foods are acidic or alkaline, because no foods change the acidity of anything in your body except your urine. Your stomach is so acidic that no food can change its acidity. Citrus fruits, vinegar, and vitamins such as ascorbic acid or folic acid do not change the acidity of your stomach or your bloodstream. An entire bottle of calcium pills or antacids would not change the acidity of your stomach for more than a few minutes.

All foods that leave your stomach are acidic. Then they enter your intestines where secretions from your pancreas neutralize the stomach acids. So no matter what you eat, the food in stomach is acidic and the food in the intestines is alkaline.

You cannot change the acidity of any part of your body except your urine. Your bloodstream and organs control acidity in a very narrow range. Anything that changed acidity in your body would make you very sick and could even kill you. Promoters of these products claim that cancer cells cannot live in an alkaline environment and that is true, but neither can any of the other cells in your body.

All chemical reactions in your body are started by chemicals called enzymes. For example, if you convert chemical A to chemical B and release energy, enzymes must start these reactions. All enzymes function in a very narrow range of acidity. (The degree of acidity or alkalinity is expressed as "pH."). If your blood changes its acidity or alkalinity for any reason, it is quickly changed back to the normal pH or these enzymes would not function and the necessary chemical reactions would not proceed in your body.

For example, when you hold your breath, carbon dioxide accumulates in your bloodstream very rapidly and your blood turns acidic, and you will become uncomfortable or even pass out. This forces you to start breathing again immediately, and the pH returns to normal. If your kidneys are damaged and cannot regulate the acidity of your bloodstream, chemical reactions stop, poisons accumulate in your bloodstream, and you can die.

Certain foods can leave end-products called ash that can make your urine acid or alkaline, but urine is the only body fluid that can have its acidity changed by food or supplements. ALKALINE-ASH FOODS include fresh fruit and raw vegetables. ACID-ASH FOODS include ALL ANIMAL PRODUCTS, whole grains, beans and other seeds. These foods can change the acidity of your urine, but that's irrelevant since your urine is contained in your bladder and does not affect the pH of any other part of your body.

When you take in more protein than your body needs, your body cannot store it, so the excess amino acids are converted to organic acids that would acidify your blood. But your blood never becomes acidic because as soon as the proteins are converted to organic acids, calcium leaves your bones to neutralize the acid and prevent any change in pH. Because of this, many scientists think that taking in too much protein may weaken bones to cause osteoporosis.

Cranberries have been shown to help prevent recurrent urinary tract infections, but not because of their acidity. They contain chemicals that prevent bacteria from sticking to urinary tract cells.

Taking calcium supplements or drinking alkaline water will not change the pH of your blood. If you hear someone say that your body is too acidic and you should use their product to make it more alkaline, you would be wise not to believe anything else the person tells you.

Dr. Mirkin is an associate clinical professor of pediatrics at Georgetown University School of Medicine and is board-certified in four specialties: allergy and immunology; sports medicine; pediatrics; and pediatric immunology. He practices medicine in Kensington, Maryland; produces and hosts a syndicated radio that can be heard online; publishes a monthly newsletter (The Mirkin Report); and has written books on sportsmedicine, weight control, and low-fat eating. His Web site contains reports on hundreds of topics.

woozy

Healthy Diet

All our lives we have been told to have a healthier diet and eat proper food. Whether having some sort of illness or not, in the end, having a good diet is great for the body.

You are what you eat.

-Woozy