World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
kittycat22

Paper like cuts... help!

kittycat22

I was diagnosed with "H" on thursday. At this point i'm trying to find out who gave it to me. I need your help! I've had three partners. The most recently was on oct 31st. We used a condom. I noticed my 'sore' about 3 days later. I had a partner on Sept. 30th, however we didn't use a condom and this is who I was thinking I had gotten it from. He has never had unprotected sex before me though...

but now i've read that a 'paper like cut' can be a sign of "h"???? I've had a "paper cut" in the same area that my now sore is in maybe 6 or 7 times in the last two years!! I was with my first partner for the last two years (we broke up in september.) and he had some "red swolleness" on the head of his penis before and we thought it was just a yeast infection as I have gotten many of those. I had paper cuts in the same spot a few times and thought it was from a yeast infection.

Could it be that I've had this for maybe two years and this is my first actual sore? And that it was just a "paper cut" before??? I told my partner that I had unprocted sex that I have "H" and he is getting a blood test this week to see if he has it.

So, are paper cuts a sign of "h"?

Thank you! I'm just trying to figure this all out and all the help I can get is appreciated.

Undefeated

Hello,

Yes, paper looking cuts are a sign of herpes. Funny that you ask that b/c, before I was officially diagnosed, I can remember having paper cuts but of course I didn't know it was Herpes at that time. Now thinking back, I realize that it was. Now (today actually) out of all this time (diagnosed in June), I actually see a sore/bump. It's weird but herpes can have many weird symptoms.

kittycat22

weird!

This "H" thing is freaking weird. Who would have that thought a little cut would be this? I really hope that i've actually had this for two years now and that it was from my first partner. I would be really upset if I got it from a one time stupid night, you know?

but if paper cuts are a sign of it then it sounds like i've had this for a while!

Undefeated

from website......

"HSV symptoms can range from a small rash with a mild itchiness to all and more of the symptoms mentioned above. The absence of blisters doesn't mean you don’t have herpes. Let me repeat that. The absence of blisters doesn’t mean you don’t have herpes. I want to make that point very clear. Sometimes blisters are so small that they look like tiny paper cuts or mosquito bites".

Misty67

You may never know where your "H" came from, and yes it can be there for year without you knowing.

I ONLY have small tears..NO blisters (thank you Lord) and a light rash. Like undeafted said just because you don't have blisters doesn't mean you are not having an OB. "H" is a strange virus! it effects us all very differntly!

kittycat22

thank you :)

Thanks everyone! I'm feeling better about this each day. I'm hoping that my paper cuts have been in fact outbreaks because knowing that i've had this for two years already is going to make it a lot easier to deal with, and knowing who gave it to me too. My current sore is almost gone too. i'm feeling better already.

PittChick09

I'm feeling a little torn...

after reading this post.

Ever since my initial OB, I got "paper cuts" every month before I got my period. I had no idea what they were, but I knew that they were extremely painful.

After reading everyone else's experience with "paper cuts," I am angry because I went to my gynocologist about this problem and she had no idea what it was. She said that before getting my period, my hormones might be out of whack and causing this irritation. She prescribed a HORMONE MEDICATION for me to use when this occurred.

Now, looking back, I am angry that these were outbreaks and the medication she prescribed actually made my condition WORSE.

However, I am glad that I am not the only one who gets this symptom. I am surprised that this is in fact an outbreak, but relieved that I don't have the large sores like I did during my frist outbreak.

kittycat22

doctors... grr

why don't doctors seem to know about these paper like cuts? why don't school health classes teach more about herpes? Instead they showed us picture of NASTY BIG clusters of blisters, not little tiny paper cuts. I don't get it!!!

Well another weird turn in my story. I got my type results back today and i have type 1... but on my genitals but two of my previous partners I have talked to say they both have never had coldsores. Only one partner has ever gone down on me. It sounds like that is the most common way to get HSV 1 on genitals but I guess it's not the only way?

still confused on who gave this to me but hopefully will find out soon.

PittChick09

Hmmm

Your story sounds similar to mine. My partner claimed that he had never gotten a cold sore in his life (I never have either). However, he later told me that sometimese he gets sores INSIDE of his mouth (like canker sores). I would say that obviously, this is why I got infected.

Herpes is so weird... so many different dimensions... different appearances. I only hope that more people become educated so that people like me and you, who are unaware of the partner having cold sores or canker sores, don't get infected.