World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
itsgoingtobeok

new to this ,so many questions

itsgoingtobeok

I found out a week ago, Im in the middle of my first OB. I have so many questions in my head!

Firstly: The whole tingling thing- I am experiencing now during my OB, does that mean more is coming to this OB?

Im so ready for this first one to be done. Its honestly the worst pain Ive ever experienced.

Secondly: I can not pee! :( I used to go about 6-8 times a day now, I barely go twice. It hurts and so I avoid it. I have tried soaking in the bath to dilute it, and also drinking as much as I could but it hurts way to bad.

Thirdly: I know stress can cause OB. I have Generalized Stress/Anxiety Disorder! (GAD) Im always stressed,whats going to happen??

JBnATL

The good news is this will probably be your worst outbreak

You should see that as you grow older with this, you will find that the number of outbreaks will decrease and they will be shorter in duration.

Talk to your doctor about taking suppressive meds to help prevent future outbreaks. And look to the right "What is Lysine". That is an amino acid that has been shown to help prevent outbreaks.

I have had this virus many years and could probably answer most of your questions. So feel free to pm me with any questions. I am on this site frequently.

Good luck!

JB

WarriorKing

What's going to happen is that it is going to get better. Lean on me and some other people here. I have had it 31 years and it is nothing but a minor annoyance in my life. I used to have panic attacks, I know what that is like too. Maybe I can help you with that too.

itsgoingtobeok

Thanks yall! well the worst part is, Im a college student. I cant tell my parents yet, therefore I dont want to go my normal doctor and have charges show up on insurance. So i was going to go to the local health department where it would be free. They cant see me for another week though. So im suffering through this first OB with no medical help what so ever. I have been taking tylenol,using ice, and warm baths. Does any one have any suggestions for pain, or the speed up the recovery process?

WarriorKing

Some other women will probably weigh in here to help you with suggestions on how to get through the first OB. There are posts out there for this. I just don't have any links handy. So check back in throughout the day and evening for more replies.

itsgoingtobeok

thanks so much! I had been browsing over this site for a few days now, and the info Ive come across so far has been comforting and helpful. Im glad I have found this site :)

JBnATL

Look into taking Lysine

While it will not help you with this outbreak it can help prevent future outbreaks. Lysine is an amino acid that can be bought over the counter.

I have also heard women say they use diaper rash creme to help lessen the pain.

Come to the "Live Chat" room. It seems more women come to that room then men, so you could ask your questions and get answers from other women.

Good luck!

JB

Misty67

Welcome!

Hey there, I'm in the south too!! "Bama"

The tingling thing was the worst part of my first OB, it was my legs. If I would not have know what was going on I think I might have went to the ER. I know it seems like that first OB will never end, but it will!!

I don't experience problems going to the bathroom, so I'm sorry I can't help there!!

This is a great place to gather info and meet others in your shoes! it has been a God send for me!

Hang in there!!

Undefeated

Hello,

Lysine and olive leaf herbs should greatly help you get through this outbreak. You also may want to purchase some aloe vera juice (drinkable) from you local health food store and drink 2 to 4oz per day and also you can apply tea tree oil or aloe vera oil directly on the infected area. There are many different remedies, keep researching. Also, drink lots and lots of water, what are you soaking in when you take a bath? Do you use sea salt and/or peroxide???

Hope you feel better!

Carribearie

Hey!

My first OB sounds like yours. I'm on my second one now. Sorry about the pain, but you should just go to the doctor and get some anti-virals! Trust me, you don't want to wait another week. The pain didn't go away until after 3 days of anti-virals. I'm like you, I stopped drinking and eating to avoid going to the bathroom. If you do go to the doctor, ask for Lidocaine. It's a gel-liquid substance that's a numbing agent. I took it once for strep-throat, but others on here said that their doctor's gave it to them to apply to the sores. The only other thing I've heard of is wearing latex gloves and covering the sores while you tinkle. I don't wipe on an outbreak, but I do use a warm wash cloth several times a day. It briefly relieves the pain.

I know you're scared to tell your parents, but mine were REALLY understanding. Plus, a doctor will see you immediately if they know you're in a severly painful situation. Good luck and feel free to ask me any questions.

itsgoingtobeok

what are you soaking in when you take a bath? Do you use sea salt and/or peroxide???

Ive been soaking in salt water baths, that really didnt seem to help much.

totalregret

I heard epsom salt baths help a lot. Also, if you go to planned parenthood they give free meds for GH.