World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
ScaredAndParanoid

I could really use some help

ScaredAndParanoid

Hey guys,

So my life has been hell for the past few week. I'm a very obsessive and worrisome person. About a week ago I was at a strip club and a stripper got close to me and kissed me on the mouth. I wasn't thinking at the time but immediately when I got home, I realized how disgusting that is.

Anyway, I got a sore throat and jaw about 4 days later. Wasn't sure what to think because everyone I live with is coming down with the flu as well. Well today is day 7 and my sore throat is nearly gone but for the past 3 days I have been panicking, totally certain that I contracted herpes. I noticed a few flesh colored tiny dots on my lips this morning. I am not sure if they have been there before or not but naturally I took them showing up as a sign that my fears are for real. My lips don't burn or tingle but I am going to assume that that phase is on its way or occured in my sleep. Either way I rushed out and bought abreva and applied it about an hour ago.

I'm totally lost now. I feel like I want to die. I've skipped my classes for the past 3 days and haven't done much to get out of bed. I have read a lot on this forum and felt like it was time to reach out.

I want to get tested as soon as possible, but don't know how long I have to wait for results to show up.

I also have a girlfriend of 3 years who I love and I have been waiting to say something until I was sure it was Herpes. I also have been minimizing contact with her by saying I'm really sick.

What should I do????

I know you have all been here before and I'm not sure what my next move should be

Misty67

Hello and welcome!!

First try to calm down! I know that is easier said than done. Did she have a cold sore on her mouth when she kissed you?? and have you had your sore throat checked out?? It takes up to three months for "H" to show up in blood work, however, mine showed up after 2 months.

I have HSV2, so I am not that familiar with oral H, but it really doesn't sound like "H" to me.

This is a great place to gather info!! come to live chat, I am sure there are some folks in there that could answer any questions you have!

Hang in there!:)

ScaredAndParanoid

Thanks a lot for the response misty. I've been just staring at the forums waiting for some sort of contact lol.

I didn't see a sore on her lips at all. I have an appointment 2 days from now for a herpes swab test. I figured if the white dots just showed up today, by then they should be at the point where a swab test could be done.

I may just be freaking myself out but I had all the symptoms and now I'm just trying to figure out what I'll say to my girlfriend.

ScaredAndParanoid

And I would love to join in live chat, but it won't seem to let me.:mad:

clover

Hello ScaredAndParanoid,

I am also a super duper worrier. It sucks to worry about things all the time! Anyways... So this stripper just gave you a peck on the lips and now you see bumps? That is a very brief encounter if you did get herpes that way but I guess it's possible, just not as likely as say if you two were full on making out for an hour. Glad you have decided to get the swab test soon though.

Regardless of the out come of the test and what the doctor says... I think that you need to tell your girlfriend about what happened and about your worries. She might be mad at first but she will appreciate your honesty.

Hope all goes well for you! And try to calm down as much as you can. If it is hsv1, it's not so bad...50-80% of people have it.

Oh and the chat thing...there is a certain number of posts you are supposed to make before you can join live chat. I think it's 5?? Not sure.

ScaredAndParanoid

Thanks clover, for every person who talks to me, I feel that my life won't be completely over.

I'm planning on sharing my worries with her tonight. I know HSV1 isn't a huge deal, i'm just worried she had something like oral HSV2. That, and If i'm about to have an outbreak, I have a huge job interview in a week that will really be affected by my appearance.

I just never thought this would happen to me. I would always joke, but I never saw myself as someone who could get it. I always assumed I would have to have sex with someone to catch an std...:???: