World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
littlelily09

Confused, visual exam only???? Could it Be?

littlelily09

Ok, here's my story....daughter works in the health care industry. She took off a shirt of a resident who had GH2. She didn't use her gloves and he didn't have any lesions or open wounds on him. She just took off his shirt. This was about 1 mth ago. Fast forward, last week she shaved her privates and a couple of day's later she noticed a "cut". This cut only lasted 2 - 3 days. Made her start thinking and got her worring that she might have GH2 by him. She's had or has no other symptoms. She made an app. with her GYN and we went to see her last Friday. Told her the story, discussed sexual history, only been with 2 people, current bf of 1 year. She did a visual exzamination on her and said she had it....said she found her groin lymph node slightly enlarged. She prescribed her Acyclovir for 10 days. She didn't do a swab, no blood work nothing...just the visual. I'm kicking myself for NOT asking for a blood test to be done. The dr was very short with daughter, who was very upset....the dr even said she was relieved she had it and not cancer or something worse!!!! :sad: I'm really not convinced that she has GH2. I've made an appointment with MY GYN for further testing and 2nd opinion. I'm confused and daughter is upset....what's your opinion????

totalregret

There isn't any way your daughter could have gotten HSV 2 from taking off someones shirt. The virus needs friction to transfer and their genitals would have had to touch. If indeed she has HSV 2 she didn't get it from taking off the guys shirt.

rodharley

Kids lie. She might be lying about sexual history. She could have gotten this a long time ago and not known.

Lookonthesunnyside

If your daughter has had sex with anyone, even one person or two, she can contract herpes. There are people on here who got it from their first sexual partner or their first sexual encounter.

Please dont try and put the blame on a patient who had no sexual contact with her.

People who have sex are at risk of contracting stds. ANYONE who has sex is at risk. Obviously you love your daughter but unless she was a virgin there's no reason to believe that she's incapable of contracting a common std.

If you want it verified through a blood test then wait 3 months and get her a type-specific herpes antibody test. If she does have it she will likely come up positive for herpes antibodies.

In the mean time, maybe do some reading up on the virus to help calm yourself down about the subject.

littlelily09

Thanks you to all. I've calmed down and so has she. I don't think she was blaming the patient at all....she didn't think about herpes until she started working there and she had to deal with a patient with it.

She has a doctor's appt. for monday, so she'll probably get a blood test than.

She could have had more partners???....I guess it is what it is and we'll just have to deal with it as it comes. There's defintely no going back. Hopefully, her ob's are mild like this one....I don't think she would have even thought anything about it had she not got thinking about her patient.

Thanks again to all.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

Advertisement

Try a Lysine supplement for cold sores

• The Hive is Thriving!

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • MrKyGuy
      I hooked up with a girl yesterday and I lightly kissed her on the lips four or five times - these were not heavy deep kisses.  As she was leaving I noticed that she had a cold sore that was healing (scabbed) on the top part of her lip. My lips definitely made contact with the scab. I’ve never had a cold sore and my last std test was negative for everything . Any chance I don’t end up with HSV1 on my mouth now after this incident? I know it’s not the end of the world but everything I read says these sores are crazy contagious and primary outbreaks in adults can be brutal. Any insight is greatly appreciated 
    • dont quit!17
      From what I understand shedding studies are expensive but even getting quotes and estimates on this especially in a clinical setting would be a step in the right direction. @destroyhsv, maybe you can look up labcorp or quest diagnostics and call for an estimate or any local labs in your area. 
    • MyOhMy2018
      Hello everyone, Long story short - I had my first outbreak about a year ago, got swabbed and turned out positive to HSV-2. For the first month, I only took valaciclovir when I had an outbreak but seeing that I still had back to back outbreaks, the doctor decided to put me on suppressive therapy. This has never really helped, unfortunately. In the summer, I had no outbreaks for like one and half month but apart from that, I've been having outbreaks every other week. I saw a dermatologist about two weeks ago and he swabbed another lesion that was in my mouth, which in turn revealed positive to HSV-1, although I was on valtrex at that time. He seemed very surprised and said that not responding to valaciclovir is something extremely rare... But reading testimonies here, it doesn't seem to be as rare as people think. The last two~three weeks have been the worst for me: my outbreaks won't stop and it seems to be getting worst and worst. 2 days ago, my doctor put me on the non-generic valaciclovir  just to see if I responded better to the "real" drug but this has not helped so far.  I'm a healthy adult, I eat well, get plenty of sleep (I even take naps ) and exercise 4 to 5 days a week. I supplement daily with organic acerola vitamin C (1000mg), lysine (1 to 2g) and magnesium (500 mg to 1g) and take 1 x 500mg valtrex in the morning and evening.  I'd like to hear stories of people who managed to stop or at least reduce their recurrences and what worked for them. I really need help because that is killing my sexual life, and I'm not even 30. I've read a lot of studies on the internet about people developing resistance to ACV and the likes but none of them mentions an alternative solution for people like me. Actually, I'm not even sure I have developed resistance to ACV because the drug never really worked for me. Moreover, the very few acknowledged ACV resistant cases were in majority immunocompromised patients and as far as I know, this is not my case. I wouldn't really care about that virus if I had only one or two outbreaks a year, but having it non-stop is very hard to handle psychologically. I can't have sex, drink, eat chocolate... Even read that exercising too much could trigger outbreaks. What's left for me to do? Shave my head, go to Bhutan, live with the monks and meditate 12 hours a day?
    • vzhe
      I'd participate and pay for it if you figure out how to do a shedding study. I don't think anything other than a shedding study makes sense.
    • WilsoInAus
      HSV-2 is only required to be disclosed in some states of the US if and only if you know or could have been reasonably expected to know you have it. There are no laws surrounding HSV-1 disclosure or transmission.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.