World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
shawnsmama

question

shawnsmama

Im newly diagnosed, and me and my boyfriend have the same type(genital), caught it from him, but im ok with it. what im worried about, is if we perfrom oral sex, anal sex, rough sex etc, is it going to spread? i have it in a very tiny area near my vagina, but not in it or on it. I dont want to end up with sores every where, and i know i cant neccesarily catch it again. But can we spread it on each other? I'm really surprized at the placement of my OB, (kinda in between my privates) cause it doesnt seem like he would have even.. had a lotta contact there when we've been intimate. I pretty freaked out about having sex with him again, because i dont want him to get an OB somewhere new. (he's never had an OB that we've seen) But if we have the same strain, can that even happen? should we wait till im healed? or can we stop using condoms etc? the damage is already done, and we're getting married soon.. so.. i'm just nto sure how to proceed. I haven't been able to find anything online for couples like us.

JBnATL

It can spread by itself

Once infected genitally, the virus uses the nerve system to hide and pop it head out. So any where in the genital region is a potential outbreak spot. Just use common sense, like not having sex when you have an outbreak and look into taking supplemental meds to help prevent transmission and you should be fine. Since you both have the same strain this will help prevent you from reinfecting each other.

I have had this many years and have had plenty of sex with non h women and have never passed it along. I have also been in h chat rooms and have chatted with married people who say they have been married for years and they have never passed it long to their spouse.

Good luck.

JB

sun seeker

Hi There

Im wondering how long you've been with your BF because i believe from the initial OB it take 3 to 6 months for anti-bodies to build up in the bodies system. During this time whenever the virus is active, where ever it touches becomes a potential OB area..

I have several OB areas, nunny(vagina) internal and external, butt, breast, mouth and right hand.. unlucky huh!!

regret

if you both have it you dont have to worry unless you this virus is new for both of you..if you have had it for at least a year the chances of it spreading is slim, just be cautious while having an outbreak

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

Advertisement

Try a Lysine supplement for cold sores

• The Hive is Thriving!

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Smallz
      It’s really scary and depressing to find out you have this virus. When I found out, last Wednesday, I went through the emotions and the pain of a severe breakout (8 in total, all in separate spots). Today, almost a week later, I can finally move without wanting to scream. My best friends, during this time, were my detachable shower head, Naproxen, and Lidocaine 5% cream. (If you do not have a detachable shower head I recommend one or get a Peri Bottle. They help for keeping clean and for pain relief) Just as everyone here, we want this to be over with. The pain to go away. To feel “normal” again. I’ve researched and read everything I could get ahold of. Then I read about Monolaurin. It's a substance that's derived from lauric acid that is found in coconut oil and human breast milk. It supposedly helps immensely with our virus from hell!  I read that this woman started using it and she hasn’t had a break out in 2 years AND when she does feel one coming on she doubles up on her dose and BOOM, it’s gone! I ordered some off of Amazon and can’t wait for it to get here! What can it hurt, right? Seriously, what do we have to lose (besides a breakout, hopefully!) Here’s some info if you have never heard of it and want to know more. Good luck and keep your head up!   https://www.verywellhealth.com/the-benefits-of-monolaurin-89482
    • Smallz
      It’s really scary and depressing to find out you have this virus. When I found out, last Wednesday, I went through the emotions and the pain of a severe breakout (8 in total, all in separate spots). Today, almost a week later, I can finally move without wanting to scream. My best friends, during this time, were my detachable shower head, Naproxen, and Lidocaine 5% cream. (If you do not have a detachable shower head I recommend one or get a Peri Bottle. They help for keeping clean and for pain relief) Just as everyone here, we want this to be over with. The pain to go away. To feel “normal” again. I’ve researched and read everything I could get ahold of. Then I read about Monolaurin. It's a substance that's derived from lauric acid that is found in coconut oil and human breast milk. It supposedly helps immensely with our virus from hell!  I read that this woman started using it and she hasn’t had a break out in 2 years AND when she does feel one coming on she doubles up on her dose and BOOM, it’s gone! I ordered some off of Amazon and can’t wait for it to get here! What can it hurt, right? Seriously, what do we have to lose (besides a breakout, hopefully!) Here’s some info if you have never heard of it and want to know more. Good luck and keep your head up!   https://www.verywellhealth.com/the-benefits-of-monolaurin-89482  
    • fixme1
      To be fair it would be hard to prove, you could have an oral infection for years before
    • fixme1
      No they will stay anonymous due to not wanting them to be outed no doubt. That's if anything goes further cause it will be hard to prove damages hsv wise surely.
    • GotMeAtLast
      I am doing this, but also taking other supplements at the same time. I drink a ton of water so it's easy to have lemon water on hand. I am on week 2 now.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.