World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
GueRiTaa

Help!?! Possible herpes outbreak question? PERIOD bleeding!? does H bleed? NEWBIE

GueRiTaa

OK. I NEED YOUR PERSONAL EXPERIENCES!!

i recently found out that i have herpes..

i have read this forum and it is sooo helpful! its made me realize that I'm NOT the only one devastated and affected by this!..

i know to everyone that's affected, this always comes of a surprise.. and i know some people are tired of helping newbies..

but i really need guidance..

i have had actual suicidal thoughts about it..

but i am a very happy person. i know and i will not let this get the better of me..!

i will greatly appreciate any of your personal experiences that you can share with me.

when i was "diagnosed", even though im still waiting on the results.. the doctor didnt provide any emotional help.. like if i was another teenage S**T.. :confused:

i was left crying in the room and actually had to get out of the office running with a tissue in my hand.. i cannot believe the support of the doctors..!!

i still have not told my boyfriend because we had already broken up.. and i know i will do it because i wouldn't want to be in his position.

he is not speaking to me at the moment, which is making me really hard to vent out my emotions.

I'm going crazy!!

i feel alone.. I've told one friend but she really didn't know how to help me, even though shes always there for me, she cant find herself in my shoes..

i need your guys' help..

I've been having health problems and i do not know if this is normal?? have any of you had this experience??

i am really worried about this.

so here's my story:

i am a 19 year old female, 3 weeks ago, i started my period. everything was fine and normal like it usually is. my periods always last about 5-7 days and since I'm on birth control pills, I'm always regular..

but here's the thing: soon after i started my period, i had flu-like symptoms.

headache, muscle aches, a low Fever, dizziness nausea..

i honestly started to think it was TSS!

but being soo scared i decided to wait to go to the doctor.

(i know stupid right??)

anyways after about a week, the flu-like symptoms cleared up but then i started noticing some irritation on my labia. i started to think it was maybe razor burn or something.

then after a few days a small blister popped up! at this point, i was sure i was clear of TSS.

but now, i was worried the possible razor cut was becoming infected!

soon after this it really hurt awfully bad every time i would go to the bathroom!

i cried almost every time!! I've never experienced soo much pain before, and I've had my gallbladder removed!! :o

i started wearing pads because i would basically urinate on myself without knowing.. :(

Soo i eventually had no choice but to face the embarrassment, and i went to the doctor..

Even before she examined me, as soon as she walked in the room, she told me the diagnosis that it was Herpes..

and then she checked me, re-assured herself, took some samples for a laboratory tests, just handed me a pamphlet, told me it would take a week for the results to arrive, and left me sobbing in the examination room... emotionally awful!!

as i sobbed there, i had just found out that my boyfriend from a 2 year relationship had actually either cheated on me, or already carried the herpes virus!!

My first emotions was how would i tell him?? he would OBVIOUSLY blame it on me.. even though he has been the only sexual partner that Ive ever had. then i thought that if he would break up with me, nobody would ever love me. i would DIE ALONE.

i had DENIAL, ANGER, SADNESS, SHAME and everything else rush through my body in the first 3 seconds of the exam!

i was still even laying on the table, in FULL VIEW, when my doctor just basically just told me, got up and explaind to me that it wasn't curable (which i knew already), and yet STILL CRYING there in full view! without no reassurance from anyone i wanted to just DIE right there that instant..

and then the doctor gave me a prescription for some pills to take for 10 days called acyclovir. along with the cartoon pamphlet. cutting off my questions, not knowing what to do when the lab results would arrive! what was i to do?!?

questions were running through my mind like crazy!

she wouldn't even do a follow up exam to see what happened when i got my results.. (i later found out that there are actually 2 types of the virus)

---FROM YOU YOUR SITE THANK YOU VERY MUCH! Hehee---

BUT i WOUND like to know which type i have, or even inform me a little more on anything!

i would like a doctor to actually wanna help me find out the answers to my questions!! :confused:

i have basically educated myself on statistics, symptoms and anything else i could find on the internet.. :cool:

oh! and when i went to fill up the prescription, all of the pharmacists i dealt with looked at me funny, raising eyebrows silently judging me..

i knew what they were doing. they were thinking the worst of me without even knowing the situation.. some guy even looked at me as if he didn't wanna hand me the prescription bag..

THIS MADE ME FEL LIKE SH**!!

I DONT UNDERSTAND WHY PEOPLE ARE SO JUDGMENTAL?!?!

This started my downward emotional spiral.... :,(

i NOW KNOW that millions of people have it.. Even though i have it, i will learn to cope with it.. but the most important thing is that:

i DON'T FEEL ALONE ANYMORE! :mrgreen:

ANYWAYS, back to my story and the question::

That same night before i actually got a chance to take the new pills, it seemed as if i had started my period again!! not even 3 days before i finished my last period!! i am totally freaked out because i am on the pill and i have always been regular. but i figured it might be some herpes lesions or something bleeding and didn't think anything of it.

IT HAS BEEN 9 DAYS since my doctors visit.

i STILL have NOT received my lab results!!

The sores cleared up, no more fever, no more pain when i urinate,

the thing is that I'm STILL BLEEDING!!

the bleeding comes and goes and when it seems that i'm cleared i find more bleeding... :(

i have checked, and i am bleeding from inside.

it does not seem i have anymore sores visible, but some people say the virus may affect more than just the labia if its bad..

the blood is pinkish-brown sometimes and is has a strong odor to it..

the discharge is like when i'm on the last day of my period or something. but a little thicker..

i have NEVER had my period last more than 7 days, and NEVER had a period soo soon from the last one..

this has lasted for about a week-and-a-half AFTER my last period has stopped..

I NEED HELP!!

DO YOU THINK THERE MAY BE ANOTHER PROBLEM ALONG WITH BEING DIAGNOSED WITH GENITAL HERPES??

this is not normal to me, and i am very worried..

is there anyone out there with similar problems..?

I've heard that the herpes blisters bleed a little if irritated,

but i haven't found any information on this...

Thanks in Advance for any info... :)

Oh, and By The Way.. the day i went to the doctor, they asked me for a urine sample.. i was unable to urinate because i had gone right before my appointment... they never asked me for another urine sample again. even though i told them i could wait to provide them with one..

they were SURE that its Herpes.. Even though i haven't received the results yet..

i think this may be the reason why i think that there might be another problem other than herpes.. or along with it.

COULD there be something else? what should i do??

i have been on an emotional rollercoaster the past 3 weeks from the brake-up, fever, arguments, shame, embarrassment, sadness and i STILL CANNOT get any guidance from anyone.. UNTIL i found this site.. :)

PLEASE help me anyway that you can... i would greatly appreciate it..

JBnATL

There is a support group in Phoenix you should call

Perhaps they could recommend a herpes friendly doctor to you. One that is educated on this disease and how it affects people.

I am not a female, so I cannot answer you questions, but come to the "Live Chat" room. That room is usually filled with women who could possibly help you out.

Here is the info for the Phoenix help group:

Phoenix Valley Help

P.O. Box 16734 Phoenix, AZ 85011-6734

Ph: (602) 867-6613

e-mail: PHXVHG@hotmail.com

Web: www.valleyhelpgroup.com

Good luck!

JB

Misty67

Hi and welcome!

I agree with JB! you need to find another doctor!! I hate you had to go through that was an insenstivie doctor! UGH!:mad:

"H" is a strange virus..all of our OB's are different. I am one of the blessed one's that does not get blisters or lesions, just small tears. However, I do have a dis-charge that seems to be constant. Not sure what is going on there, probably my body trying to deal with the virus, and maybe internal lesions.

As for the bleeding, are you bleeding from the lesions or is it more like your period? I have never heard anyone that bleeds while having an OB. It could be possibly stress related! your hormones are on a roller coaster right now! Have you recently started taking birth control pills? sometimes this can cause abnormal bleeding. This is probably something you need to discuss with your doctor.

Like JB said come to live chat, there will be someone there that would be glad to answer any question! also, the support group would be a good idea for you!

Hang in there!:)

Rana

Hi!

My doctor did the exact same thing with me too! and I am also having the same problem and looking for some answers.