World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
ashtrayheart

AH! HORRIBLE PRIMARY OB! Ocular, whitlow, AND genital?!

ashtrayheart

Here's my story...

Four years ago I reluctantly entered my first relationship. After a few wild years I decided I should play it safe. I always used a condom and asked about sexual history (he had only been with 4 people and was presumably clean), yet contracted HPV within the first few months and had to go through painful procedures that involved trichloroacetic acid on my vagina. OUCH! So I felt like a horrible, disgusting person and stayed in the relationship for two years when I was ready to move on.

I worried about STD's and preached about their prevalence to friends who were going out and hooking up. I didn't even kiss a guy for a year and a half after breaking up. My friends started joking with me, saying I should stop worrying so much and just get laid.

I finally met this guy at an event and was shocked that he'd even be interested in me. We had a drink and hit it off. He was pretty grounded, polite... just a really nice guy. I was still skeptical and paranoid.

He offered a place to stay and we cuddled and chatted for a bit and it turned into a makeout session. I wanted to cover myself in saran wrap. I hovered over him like a fucking baby fawn, just to avoid genital contact. He was quick to go down on me, and I had to put the kibosh on that after a few minutes of pure fail. We did not have sex, I did not put his dick in my mouth. I barely touched the thing! I quickly put my pants back on and avoided cuddling. I was stuck in some dude's room in an undisclosed location in Queens after an awkward encounter and had to survive until daybreak.

I did. I woke up with the flu and bolted. A few days later I had the worst stabbing pain in my vagina and went in to the gynecologist. She treated me for a yeast infection and said not to worry. A few days later the pain came back and could not be cut with ibuprofen or Vicodin. It lasted almost a week and moved around. It went from knife-like to a feeling of pubes being ripped out. The only thing I've eaten in three days was a half of banana, a salad, a protein shake and some painkillers. I went back to the doctor in hysterics twice in the week and since they didn't see any visible signs, they just thought I was a hypochondriac. I had to force them into giving me the HSV blood test. All my tests came back negative, but it's still too soon to tell. So I wait, a month later with chronic pain and anxiety about this lifelong disease.

I have slept with less than 10 people, always used protection, and educated myself with information from reputable medical sources. I can only laugh at the irony of the situation.

I just woke up with a painful blister on my finger and pain in my eye. Does anyone have experience with concurrent primary OB's and if so, what type were you diagnosed with. I'm waiting in limbo because the doctors don't want to aknowledge that this could be HSV.

devastatedbythis

this is my second time asking this question. Why would a doctor hide hsv results or not acknowledge it.

ashtrayheart

I don't think they are hiding anything. It's just too early for the blood test to be truly accurate, since I have not been exposed before. The lesions on my hands did not show up until yesterday. I think it's just easier for them to treat visible symptoms.

jacksprat

I think the they're right - you are a hypochondriac.

Symptoms would not have shown up the next morning for HSV so the flu-symptoms are not related.

Your symptoms could be related to a number of things. Wait 2-3 months to get an IgG blood test to be sure of your status.

IrishHeartRN

I wouldn't say your a hypochondriac, but I would have your being over paranoid. I have slept with less then ten people too and I contracted HSV-2, but it is not the end of the world. Just relax! You stressing out and being over paranoid is going to make life one rough ride, and it shouldn't be lived like that. Not to mention, freaking out like this is going to make your symptoms worse, or even make you feel sick when you shouldn't be because you are over working your nerves. I know it is going to be a bumpy ride until you know for sure but just try and relax, it would be better for you and your health. Just be sure to go back to the doctor and get tested at a laster date if you are convinced you contracted something or if the pain doesn't go away. It can just be from the HPV. Well, goodluck dear. Keep us posted!

totalregret

i tested positive on a blood test w/in a month, so if it will make you feel better go get tested now. and again in three months.

they say 50% test positive in a month, 80% in 6 weeks and the rest can take up to 3 months

ashtrayheart

I actually did have the flu that week, so those symptoms were not related. The pain came a few days later followed by a yeast infection. When that cleared, I got my period and the pain began after that. Now another week later, tiny blisters are showing on my knuckles.