World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
Undefeated

Everyday Symptoms!

Undefeated

Hello everyone,

I have a few questions in regards to everyday symptoms of HSV. What symptoms do you guys experience on a normal day that you are not experiencing an outbreak? I ask this because even when there's no outbreak present I still feel a little run down at times. My backache has been constant (I hate to keep bringing the backache thing up) lately, at first it started with the lower back region and has since moved up to the middle upper back. Do any of you experience this on a regular? My throat is also a little sore, I feel a little exhausted and keep getting hot spells. I've heard many people talk about these symptoms preceding an outbreak or the medical term prodome is often used to describe how they feel right before an outbreak. The thing is, what about the days that you're not having outbreak, should I still be experiencing these other things? I sometimes wonder if it's the bed, but then again, before my diagnosis I've never had back pain of any kind. I tell you, sometimes I feel like I'm going crazy and then my mind starts to wonder off. Thank God that I'm handling this well though, I'm not necessarily stressed, depressed, nor do I beat myself up, it's more of a physical thing for me. Some days I just feel old (lol) because of the backaches.....this crap hurts! Oh, and ladies please help me with this one; what is all this discharge???? It's so much, wow!!! I can't even explain it! I guess I should be thankful that I don't have full blown outbreaks (although, for the first time I did have a small cut like thing last week), and I am thankful but geeeeeezzzzzzz, these other symptoms are getting on my nerves (literally). I thought they said HSV is harmless?? I beg to differ, nothing harmless can cause all these wierd symptoms, especially the nerve pain! Thanks guys for listening, please shed a little light on my situation.....

totalregret

Hey. I know we spoke of backaches before. I will say that after 8 months mine are finally starting to get better. They aren't every day anymore. I am very tired still though. So hopefully, in time, your back aches will get better as well.

Undefeated

Thank you totalregret! I'm so glad that you're feeling better. I know you guys get tired of talking about the backaches but I just couldn't help myself (lol)!!! Did your backaches ever change locations or where they just in your lower back? Mines are all over the place! Wow..... again, thanks for responding and I can't wait until I'm able to have some relief!

damaged guds

pulling me down

:oi know rite im newly dianosed and my back pains started n my lower back then moved up to the middle...and find myself getting ova heated alot now 2...AND I HATE BEING HOTT!!!!:mad:

Undefeated

@ damage guds...yeah, the overheating is definitely a no no...I hate being hot as well! (lol) What about any other symptoms? Do you experience discharge, sore throat (at times), and overall funny feeling? I thought that these were the feelings during the initial or at least during a regular outbreak but I guess not, I'm guessing these feelings/symptoms can occur at anytime!

totalregret

my backache has stayed in the lower back. we both have ghsv1, right?

I do get swollen glands and do feel a lot more run down than before. I also get tingles on the bottom of my feet and yesterday on the top of my head! I hope the virus settles soon...I'm ready to feel normal again. I know we all are.

ntdc
my backache has stayed in the lower back. we both have ghsv1, right?

I do get swollen glands and do feel a lot more run down than before. I also get tingles on the bottom of my feet and yesterday on the top of my head! I hope the virus settles soon...I'm ready to feel normal again. I know we all are.

yes lymph node swelling for me is really miserable...after a lonnnng time of high dose antiviral therapy its gone down somewhat

LivingLife77

Yes

The lymph node swelling makes me feel sick to my stomach sometimes. It is a dreadful clammy feeling.

caligirl100

Totally.

The back aches are awful! I was laying in bed last night and the middle of my back was in such pain! I am so tired.

Undefeated

@ living life, how do i know if my lymph nodes are swollen (dumb question i know), what does it feel like or what should i be looking out for?

@caligirl, yes, the backaches are really getting the best of me. they are a constant reminder that i have herpes, everything else is okay, no blisters or anything major, just the backaches. it travels from the upper back to the middle back and sometimes the lower back, it all started with the lower back but a couple of months ago it hung around the upper/middle back. it's really depressing me and making me feel as if i have some other disease lurking around...i'm so confused and frustrated at this point. i just don't get how herpes can have such a major impact on how your backaches, why is that???? someone please explain!:confused:

someone can also pm me with remedies for backaches and overall mild depression....:(