Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Anonymous

Liquid Bandage

3 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone.

I'm wondering if anyone has tried a liquid bandage for their cold sores instead of just letting it scab over.

For me, the worst part of getting a cold sore (besides the leper-feeling) is the ugly scab that lasts for 2 weeks.

Liquid bandages work like scabs by keeping moisture in and germs out. Please let me know.

Thanks!

moisture=bad, oxygen=good keep the sore open and dry....blow dry it with a hair dryer.....it works

Possible Preventive Measure

I just posted information that a dermatologist used to help me with herpes on my finger. Im the author ThisGirlsDreaming, you might want to read the treatment that he used...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Latest Buzz

• Hester
      I'm feeling a bit better each day. I still have maybe 5 days left of the antiviral med. Hope the symptoms will be all gone by then. Then I get to start worrying about  when and how bad the next OB will be
    • Lilibet
      @Hester I tried tea tree oil when they were still sores but didn't find it particularly 'soothing'! But the sudacream is a bit more soothing. How are you getting on? i must admit I'm nervous about coming to the end of my aciclovir... I'd feel better if I was completely symptom free and then could stop but the dr said they don't work like that....
    • Hester
      Hi guys. I'm new. I was just diagnosed G-HSV1 six days ago. I've been so despondent. Such a shock. At first I felt hopeless.  Every time I wake up I feel good for about 2 seconds until I remember, and then it's like a knife in the heart all over again.  The virus is occupying almost every thought. How soon did you all start feeling  better emotionally to where you weren't depressed and you weren't thinking about it constantly?  The physical pain is nothing compared to the emotional and mental anguish.   I just wonder when I'll start to feel ok again. 
    • Hester
      I've been using real tree oil. Is the sudacream helping much?
    • Tippyty
      Called them and asked. They quoted 186.00. And credit cards are maxed. But I did borrow for the test.
    • Jeremy Spokein
      @K_Sock Thanks for this. Appreciate your response.
    • Jeremy Spokein
      Wow, what was triggering the OB's, if you don't mind me asking...?
    • K_Sock
      @Jeremy Spokein To answer your question, everybody is different but I don't think it's un-common to have had another outbreak so soon. As you have heard, the first few weeks or months should be the worst as your body builds up antibody defense!  Re: valtrex, I have taken one 500mg pill every single day since I got this virus. It's well tolerated and I have definitely even tripled-up a daily dosage before (for suppressive reasons) so I'd take 2 /day if I were you to get over with the outbreak.  As for your attitude, seems like you're doing everything really well... Happy birthday and best wishes. 
    • searching for the truth
      Had another igg test done this week ,still pos for 1 neg for 2 .  Also had naa swab done on area of skin on penis that was red and itching awaiting those results.  It is what it is, just want to know what it is. can anyone comment if they have swabbed positive for hsv2 but never got a positive on blood work.  I have read and know this happens with hsv1 and can happen with 2 just wondering if I'm one of the unlucky that will never know.  
    • SureWhyNot
      I have never used pharma and no I am no longer getting the constant OB's I was getting in the last couple years. I had 6 in one month until I found what was triggering mine. I was OB free for most of the 25yrs while under care of Holistic professionals. I screwed up and stayed away from my self care and after 8yrs of abuse and screwing up my chemistry the HSV came back with a vengeance and I started getting OB's again. It took me 3yrs to get back on track and if I did not have a pro to guide me I would never have figured it out as my problem was so obscure.  
  • Featured