World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
glam1505

Newbie that needs HELP!!!

glam1505

I was diagnosed last Wed. and I was in total shock becasue I haven't had any symptoms of it. I know I must have contracted it from my last partner in June, but I would have never known if I didn't decide to play it safe and get tested. So, I need help because I don't know what to so. When they called and told me the nurse was just so nonchalant about it and was like well, if you haven't had an OB there isn't anything you can do!! So, I am confused on what I should do?!!! Should I take something that can prevent me from getting an OB?!! Point blank I am lost and have no idea what I need to do?!!! Please HELP!!!!!

Misty67

Don't you just love doctors! UGH!!:madd:

Alot of people that have "H" have no symptoms, don't even know they have it. The man that gave it to me had no ideas, he had never had any problems. Do you know when you might have been exposed??

Consider yourself lucky that you are not having any problems. I am thankful I have mild OB's. I opted to take daily meds, mainly to get the OB's at a minimal and to keep from spreading it to my husband.

Alot of people of this forum do not take daily meds. I think it is just up to you.

This is a great place to gather information. Also, there are alot of people will to offer advise and suport! come to live chat!! you will meet folks that can give you answers to your questions!

Good luck!

JBnATL

Welcome to the club!

Hi, you are not alone.

You can live a normal, healthy life with herpes. I have had this many years and it means nothing to me. I have dated many non h women and have never passed it along.

Read all you can about this virus and you will realize that for the most part, it is a common, harmless virus.

Do you live near a major city? Most have support groups that meet regularly. The one here in Atlanta really helped me out.

And do come to the "Live Chat" room. There are plenty of nice people there who can offer you support.

Good luck!

JB

gotitsowhat

What type do you have?

I was diagnosed last Wed. and I was in total shock becasue I haven't had any symptoms of it. I know I must have contracted it from my last partner in June, but I would have never known if I didn't decide to play it safe and get tested. So, I need help because I don't know what to so. When they called and told me the nurse was just so nonchalant about it and was like well, if you haven't had an OB there isn't anything you can do!! So, I am confused on what I should do?!!! Should I take something that can prevent me from getting an OB?!! Point blank I am lost and have no idea what I need to do?!!! Please HELP!!!!!

About 80% of the north American population (and more in Europe) has the

hsv1 virus, usually in the form of cold sores which they got as a child, often dormant when they are an adult. And about 20% have genital herpes although most of them don't know it. There is probably nothing for you to worry about but it would be a good idea to know which type it is.

christen12889

i feel the same way if it was not for the internet i would not have a clue whats going on with me and having herpes .... the doctor i saw gave me a paper with a paragraph explaining and that was not enough for me i found out i have herpes like 3 weeks ago and every nite or any spare moment i get im on the internet researching everything i can....i also have hpv so i did not know if having herpes as well would affect the chance of me having another child..... my boyfriend cheated on me a week after our daughter was born and the girl had it so now because he cant keep it in his pants i have it my daughter is currently 6 months old and if it was not for my boyfriends best friend i would have never found out i have herpes cuz i have shown no signs of it untill this past friday 11/13/09 i hit my first outbreak and now im more scared its sooooooooo painful and i am so lost on what to do....only a handful of people close to me know i have it so i feel i have no one to talk to i feel the more people that know about it the more people will look at me like im a dirty whore or something all because my boyfriend had to cheat...

i really want to know if i can get this girl in trouble for not telling my boyfriend she had it when she knew long before they had sex that she had it....

regret

she may not have known she had it some people dont have any symptoms, it could have been laying dormant in your body for years and decided to show itself due to the stress in your life..or maybe your bf had it laying dormant inside of him and he never knew? its hard to point the finger at anyone..

glam1505

THANKS A BUNCH EVERYONE!!! You really have helped me out and put my mind at ease!! I am so glad that I found this site!! But I know the exact date I believe I came into contact with it!! It was June 18th, the first time me and the guy I was seeing at the time got carried away and made the stupid mistake of not using any protection. I guess it must have been dormat in him because he had no idea either!! But I just want to thank everyone that responded, I can't tell you all how much it has helped!! I will now be on here everyday and on the live chat, to seek more information and find out more information!! Thanks again!!! :)

Undefeated

@ glam1505

I don't think you need to get on any type of meds if you are not experiencing ob's. Whatever you are currently doing, i.e., diet, excersise, etc, keep doing it b/c it's keeping you healthy and outbreak free. Consider yourself blessed that you are not having symptoms...This site is wonderful, there are many nice wholesome people here who are ready to talk and help you with any situation.... Take care and try not to stress or become depressed which can sometimes trigger outbreaks....

iosguru

I dont know if I would advise not taking any medications as you can pass this on while not having any visible outbreaks and valtrex has been shown to reduce the chances of this by reducing the viral shedding. I dont recall the study materials I have read saying specifically whether or not some or all of the participants had active OBs.

It is unfortunate that I have to welcome you to the community but welcome, there are a lot of helpful people here and the information I have found and the people who have shared it have been a big help in dealing with this.

gotitsowhat

Which type?

How were you diagnosed? Do you have genital herpes? Type 1 or 2?