World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
Turandott

just sad

Turandott

Hi everybody...

Im glad I found this site, makes me feel less lonely with this. Nobody knows (besides my ex), that i have herpes and I feel like I am never going to be able to sleep with somebody again, I dont think I could cause this pain to anyone. I am only 20 years old and I dont know how to feel better and not dirty.

I admire all of you for your strenght! and hope that some day I'll be able to feel normal again.

bLesSedNbEaUtiFuL

Wow, I am going through the exact same thing. So from one person in this situation to another...please do not feel that way. You are not hopeless, you are not dirty, but you are worthy. And you should know that. I understand that this is something that is extremely hard to come to grips with...I admit, I haven't even gotten over the initial shock/shame myself. But I've learned not to beat myself up about it. I've learned that this is a new lifestyle that I must become accustomed to. Sure enough, the social stigma associated with this condition is primarily negative...but WE have a chance to change that. And it starts from within...We are blessed. Because we now have the knowledge and power to bring awareness to this issue and educate others. You CAN live a healthy, fulfilling lifestyle with this condition..you CAN go on to have healthy, loving, long-lasting relationships and much more. You CAN live a normal life because the fact of the matter is that YOU haven't changed. You are still the same person you have come to know and love before acquiring this condition. And I must add...if having HSV2 is the worst thing someone can say about us, then we all must indeed be wonderful people :-). Last but not least, be thankful that you still have a life to live, because of all the possible things that could've gone wrong, i assure you you that is something minor. Although you and I (and lots of other users of this site) are in the same boat, we can all learn alot from each other. That's what we are here for...to educate and to uplift...and I hope that I have been able to do either for you today!!!

MissJae

Hello and Welcome

It took me a year to understand how minor this is in respect to my life. Like you I vowed to never sleep with anyone again, how could I open up and even begin to tell someone I have herpes. I was ashamed and embarrassed. You will feel normal again, you will understand that this does not define you as a person. One day you will even find someone who will see past this and love you for the person you are, not judging you based on a virus they may not even understand. We are all in this together, and this site has done so much for me, I hope it will do the same for you.

Stay strong,

Jae

Turandott

Thank you

Thank you so much, you are an inspiration to me.. I have decided to make changes in my life and the way I think, not only about this but in every aspect.. I want to be a better person. May be there is a good side about this after all...