World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
bully4passenger

newbee seeks advice

bully4passenger

hi all

i have been following this site for a few days as i think that i have recently come into contact with hsv. its been a lot of reading but now need to reach out

kissed a girl, shared the bed, tingles then what looks like fever blisters, on lips :(

abreva cream almost cleared it up in a few days, suppliments going in by the handfull

now tingles downstair and from what i have read it is possible to pass on just via skin contact...can any help with this!

went to the dr and they took blood for a type 1 test, they were pretty nonchalont about the whole to be honset...which was a surprise for me

anywho...with a lot of reading done i have some questions if someone would be so kind

is there a product to be used when you get the tingles?

does dynamiclear work...as this is my first rodeo would it be benificial to get on that now...claims to kill the virious at the skin after the blister has broken!

any other advice would be welcomed...little confused and anxious right now

Misty67

Hello and welcome:wavey:

by shared the bed, do you mean you had sex? I learned this just yesterday myself, but oral and genital will be 2 separate OB’s. and yes "H" is spread by skin to skin contact.

Is lysine one of the supplements you are taking? I take 2 daily, some just take it when they feel the tingles come on. It is great you cleared up in just a few days!! I have HSV2, so I do not have any experience with 1.

UGH doctors make so mad!! :madd: Did you know that it take up to 3 month to pick up "H" in your blood work! They may have been nonchalant because 80% of the population have type 1, but nonetheless their behavior is frustrating!

I am curious about dynamiclear myself, I have inquired and have gotten no response! So hopefully someone will have more info!!

This is a great place to gather info and support! Come to live chat, there are lots of great people that would be willing to answer your question!

Good luck!

bully4passenger

hi misty :wavey:

thanks for the reply,

liysine is one of the suppliments i am taking...and it feels like i am try to overdose on the stuff!! never taken it before and trying to build a level up in my system

as for the sex part no, no penetrative or oral, while we selpt we were naked, cuddling, that kind of thing, thats why i ask if it can be passed via skin contact

as for the test, if they have type 1 in that region suley the transmittion of the virus is the same ans type 2

Misty67

hey!

just how much lysine are you taking? I take 2 a day...

yes type1 would be spread the same way type 2 is down south. I would THINK if you didn't rub your ummm private against her you would be OK. When I first found out I was afraid to cuddle with my husband, I always made sure my shirt was pulled down over my bottom! LOL!

Have you talked to her? does she have it on her genitals too?

bully4passenger

misty67

yes i am taking 2 a day, in the hopes of limiting the serverity of the first ob...if thats what it is

for myself i have several dilemas...

if the person is asymtomatic, both oral and genital, and after contact you are tested for type 1 via a blood test what is it fair to assume.

shedding can occur and transmit, so if the shedding area is to the back of the person, upper thigh, buttuck area and you spoon then in theory, if they are shedding is it possible for them to pass on the virus

if you then have tingles and what appears to be fever blisters, in the oral area and are tested for type 1, via a blood test, which comes back positive, (which mine has not yet) then get tingles in the genital area, but no ob, do you assume that you have ghsv, of some type, and that you are just asymtomatic?

on a moral side...should you assume that you are and tell future partners that there is a possibility that you are!

unless you have have an ob there, and a swab test is performed it is my understanding that you can not tell! antibodies are just that antibodies and they cannot detect the site of infection