World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
almost_free

Ozone for herpes suppresion

almost_free

Folks,

I've had herpes for about 5 years now. Things I've tried were lysine, mega dosing on vitamin c, H202, and BHT in that order.

I had limited success with all of them and found the BHT made me sleepwalk, so I quickly halted that.

So this brings me to ozone. I've had an oxygen fed ozone machine and steam sauna setup since August of 2008. So about 15 months now.

When I did my very first ozone steam sauna I was experiencing very bad prodones, and the next day I had an outbreak. So I contined to do ozone everyday for about a week until the breakout healed. Normally, outbreaks would last 3 to 4 weeks, but this one healed very quickly for me.

This was the last outbreak I've had in about 15 months. If any of you are looking into this, I highly recommend it. It can give you your life back.

I can drink coffee, eat chocolate, eat peanut butter. Basically I can pretty much do anything that may cause an outbreak without getting an outbreak. It's almost as if I don't have herpes.

I don't want to go as far as to say that this is a 'cure' for this virus, but I am confident that if I ozone sauna at least once every two weeks I will never have a visible outbreak again.

And I'm pretty confident that if I were to ozone steam sauna once a week I would never have an outbreak and probably would never have any shedding again.

totalregret

where did you find the ozone machine and steam sauna? and, what's the difference of the ozone sauna and the ozone steam sauna? so curious!

almost_free
where did you find the ozone machine and steam sauna? and, what's the difference of the ozone sauna and the ozone steam sauna? so curious!

There is no difference between the ozone sauna and ozone steam sauna, except my typing.

The steam sauna itself is just a cheap made in China portable steam sauna. You can find them on eBay for around $150 or $200 maybe. I don't want to provide the name of the ozone manufacturer, otherwise it would look like I'm advertising.

You can do an internet search for oxygen fed ozone generator and find several companies that sell them.

SiameseDream

Can you PM me the details of your machine and how you use it. I've always been interested in this..

Guest LuLu May

I am finding this to be very interesting. I would be interested in knowing more about the oxygen machine

pingu

Yes please. Can we have some more info. I am travelling to the UK next month and would love to get one of those saunas. Are they very big, or heavy? Thanks!

almost_free

Basically, you sit in this steam sauna type thing,

http://www.amazon.com/Portable-Herbal-Steam-Sauna-Essential/dp/B002PM23R4

Then you put the tube from the ozone generator into the sauna with you and hang out for about 30 minutes. Afterwards, you take a cold as you can handle shower to close the pores on the body.

And that is it.

There are other modalities you can do with ozone than just the sauna, but unless you are battling some strange disease I don't think you really need to venture much beyond the sauna method.

almost_free

Here is my six month update for March 2010.

Still outbreak free using ozone.

And here are the details. Since I'm not taking notes or writing a journal I don't have exact time frames, however, I took a two or three week break from ozone therapy a couple months back for reasons none other than being lazy.

And I started noticing nerve pains for a few days, which would indicated the virus was waking up. So once I had some free time one evening, I sat in the steam sauna with the ozone tube. This actually seemed to intensify the pain a little bit, which is consistent with past experience of taking breaks and the prodones temporarily intensifying, and using ozone when symtoms arise. But generally being elminated within 12 hours.

Not this time. So the next night, I did one more ozone steam sauna session and the prodones intensified again. This time so much, that it was waking me up in the middle of the night with shooting nerve pain all the way down in my left foot.

But, within 24 hours of this second treatment all prodones and nerve pain were eliminated.

And still no visible outbreaks. As of now, 21 months with no herpes outbreaks using ozone therapy.

I believe if one were to have the discipline to do an ozone steam sauna once a week, you could expect to be outbreak free for life.

jadedsour

Would you please PM me with more information on this. I am very curious about ozone therapy and using it.

WoodlandWalker

I might give this a try.

But do you have an idea of the concentration of Ozone you are aiming for? (parts per million of air etc.)

Do you know at what concentration Ozone becomes harmful?

What is the output per hour of your Ozone generator?

Thanks.

JonesieMD

But is it safe??

Anything I'm putting into or inflicting upon my body, I'm checking out first. So when I saw "ozone" I became very curious because to my understanding, ozone is actually considered to be a toxic gas that is very harmful to the lungs and may aggravate pre-existing respiratory conditions, like asthma. Harmful enough that OSHA and the EPA both have pretty stringent guidelines about it, especially in reference to things referred to as "energized air purifiers" which emit ozone in occupied spaces.

Below is the link for the part of the EPA site that deals with ozone generators sold as air purifiers, which I think you'd probably be using with this sauna.... Maybe it would be different for pumping into the mini sauna...... but nonetheless, proceed with caution, friends.

http://www.epa.gov/iaq/pubs/ozonegen.html

herbsmith

Does anyone have any information on what kind of ozone generator to use?

almost_free

Yes, too much is not going to be good for your lungs. So you keep a window open, and wrap a wet towel around your neck to keep as much as possible from escaping from the sauna. Also have a fan on to keep fresh air blowing on your face to further limit how much you breathe.

One of the BIG problems with ozone air purifiers is they use ambient air and create nitrous and sulfer oxides. When those mix with water acids are created. This problem is avoided if you have an oxygen fed unit, as acids are not created from ozone and water.

The ozone unit I'm using is not an air purifier... It is a medical device.

But just for fun.. Ozone is heavier than air. It is created in the upper atmosphere from the reaction of UV light on oxygen, and electrical activity such as lightening. It falls to the earth, and reacts with toxins in the air like viruses, air borne bacteria, etc and cleans the air. How many people have asthma attacks when they go the mountains far away from industry? Asthma is more of a problem because of nitrous oxides and sulfer oxides in the air because of industrial pollution and vehicle exhaust.

NOX and SOX and o3 are all classified together as ozone... These are just words that blame the earth for polluting itself instead of putting the blame on industry and our habits.

Anything I'm putting into or inflicting upon my body, I'm checking out first. So when I saw "ozone" I became very curious because to my understanding, ozone is actually considered to be a toxic gas that is very harmful to the lungs and may aggravate pre-existing respiratory conditions, like asthma. Harmful enough that OSHA and the EPA both have pretty stringent guidelines about it, especially in reference to things referred to as "energized air purifiers" which emit ozone in occupied spaces.

Below is the link for the part of the EPA site that deals with ozone generators sold as air purifiers, which I think you'd probably be using with this sauna.... Maybe it would be different for pumping into the mini sauna...... but nonetheless, proceed with caution, friends.

http://www.epa.gov/iaq/pubs/ozonegen.html

almost_free
I might give this a try.

But do you have an idea of the concentration of Ozone you are aiming for? (parts per million of air etc.)

Do you know at what concentration Ozone becomes harmful?

What is the output per hour of your Ozone generator?

Thanks.

You don't use PPM. That is for industrial devices.

The measurement you are looking for is called gamma. How much weight of ozone generated per ml of output. Typically between 35 and 50 ug/ml is what is used for therapeutic purposes.

Harmful above 65.

almost_free
Would the steamroom at my gym be comparable?

No. It would not.

ME77

I would like to reinforce what Almost Free has stated...I also own a wet sauna unit and ozone generator which uses an oxygen concentrator and plasma generator for the ozone..Results are outstanding.

I use to get facial H every 3 to 6 months like clockwork...I started doing ozone funneling first before I even purchased the sauna unit used. I learned how to ozone my mouth by lightly breathing through my nose holding the ozone in my mouth for as long as I can take it..It would build pressure then I would remove the tube and "bark" like a seal to make it come out of my sinus cavity which can be uncomfortable but doable. Also by wetting my lips and areas around the mouth I could use a glass funnel which would contain the ozone so the pressure would build and enter the skin through the pores..Initially i had the largest OB I have ever experienced. But it even though it was so large it healed moderately fast with each following OB getting smaller and less frequent till I have been OB free for over a year.. I researched and found out that the large OB is from surrounding skin cells that are actually infected but have not shown visual signs of infection. The HSV virus can enter surrounding cells like its spreading which has been proven by research using a dye to 'paint' the infected cells. The virus reacts to the ozone which oxidizes any cell, virus or bacteria which does not have an en-lipid envelope that is neutral to the reductant charge of ozone. After this massive die off all my triggers were reduced considerably.

The only negatives I would say is the expense of the setup, I spent over 5k just in the plasma generator, oxygen concentrator and sauna..But it to me was very worth it considering all the other benefits ozone provides as well...

almost_free

Aug 2010. 24 month update:

Still outbreak free. Occasional prodomes, depending on frequency of ozone treatments, but ZERO outbreaks 24 months and counting (not including the very first outbreak after the first treatment...)

Initial investment of 2K for oxygen tank, regulator, ozone unit, and steam sauna running around 83 dollars a month so far, always going down.

Nice to be almost "herpes" free.

I'll be back in 6 months for the 30 month update.

username1

Did you have an outbreak since? Did you get retested?

SillySlappa
Aug 2010. 24 month update:

Still outbreak free. Occasional prodomes, depending on frequency of ozone treatments, but ZERO outbreaks 24 months and counting (not including the very first outbreak after the first treatment...)

Initial investment of 2K for oxygen tank, regulator, ozone unit, and steam sauna running around 83 dollars a month so far, always going down.

Nice to be almost "herpes" free.

I'll be back in 6 months for the 30 month update.

can you please pm me everything you bought and from where?