World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
WorriedLikeWhoa

Think I GH on My Birthday

WorriedLikeWhoa

Hello!

I have a doctor's appointment on Monday, but I'm beyond freaking out about this and would like some advice. At this point, I just want to know yes or no. I know no one can diagnosis over the internet, but I would really appreciate whether this sounds like GH or if anyone has had experiences like this.

Two days ago I noticed a small blister-like bump in the upper-right portion of my pubic hair area. I shave and get ingrown hairs occasionally, but they normally look like pimples and never blisters. (I haven’t shaved in the few days before the bump.) The bump was slightly red and did not itch or hurt, and there were no other bumps besides this one. Thinking it was just some weird ingrown hair, I popped it and some (not a lot) clear fluid came out. Sorry if this is TMI! I did not see a hair and grew concerned. There was a rougher patch of skin behind the blister. I poked at it and there was a hair under this rough patch of skin.

Since then I've been cleaning it periodically with hydrogen peroxide and have kept it covered with a Band-Aid. Yesterday and today it is more of a sore. I don't know if it is an open sore from Herpes descriptions I've read. Sometimes when I change band-aids, I notice the sore/whatever it is left a very small amount of light reddish-yellow fluid on the band-air. It don't know this is an open sore. It still doesn't itch or hurt. I have no other symptoms other than this, although my arms and legs have been unusually itchy today.

I'm 24 and have had several partners this past year. They've said (for what it's worth) that they are clean, and I always insisted on using condoms, but not until we actually have sex. If a guy was infected with something, it might have rubbed against me before we have sex. Timing wise, this seems to be inline with the traditional first outbreak of Herpes, since the last time I had sex was four days before the bump appeared. This would also mean I got Herpes on my birthday. Worst birthday present ever.

Thanks for any help you can give!!

regret

sounds like an infected hair follicle, keep putting peroxide on it in time it will clear up, and quit messing with it..just dab it with peroxide and leave the scab alone..

WorriedLikeWhoa

Thanks for the advice! I've stopped messing with it but am still keeping the band-aid on just in case.

I'm hoping it is an infected hair follicle. When I googled that, most of the pictures were of pimple-like bumps. Is it common for infected hair follicles to blister?

WorriedLikeWhoa

Good news! I went to my Gyno for my yearly check up and she said she was confident the sore I have is from an irritated ingrown hair. She didn't run any tests though, so should i get a blood test done in 4 months or so to be sure?