World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
andrea

i believe

andrea

I believe that within the next 5 or 10 years a cure will be found. I believe that it can happen because i refuse to believe that with today's technology and new discoveries wont allow researchers to find a cure. It's impossible. They will come up with something i know it.

JBnATL

I completely agree Andrea

I do not believe the conspiracy theories that say a cure will never be found because big pharm makes too much money with anti-virals.

I am pleased to see big gains made in medical research and do believe a cure is coming.

JB

Numbers

I am with you

Hi guys,

I also believe that they can find a cure. Unfortunately, it will take longer unless we help the funding where we can. The best thing that we can do is send money to the universities which will accept donations for their research.

There are some older posts that have links for how to donate.

Moreover, we do need to help them with their funding because we cannot rely on the NIH. The NIH only funds 6-8% of the grant applicants.

Think about this, if 200 people are looking at this website and each person can send 100 dollars, we have funded 20,000 dollars for research. If even more people give money, but can't make as big of a donation, we still help speed up progress. If 40 million people in the USA have HSV and each of these persons donates 1 dollar, they can fund multiple research projects.

I really see no other way in finding a cure faster. The more money, the more progress.

herpesufferer

Yup, I agree... I think that it would be a good idea to post here the most up-to-date info about how we can donate to the specific research projects. Most of the threads about funding the herpes research are quite old, hence they might be regarded by some as not trustworthy. Maybe we should create a sticky thread, which would contain all the information necessary about the ways to give donations.

Maybe optionally something like a counter could be created, which would contain the info about how much we already donated to the certain projects and how much more cash is approximately needed to complete them. It would not feel then that we are pouring our money into black hole :p

Also, maybe we should agree on the most hopeful projects, which should be a priority. However this may sound, if we dilute our effort, we'll have to wait longer.

Btw. Anyone here has any info on the herpesisnormal.com website? Why is it no longer updated?

joiedevivre100

I'm willing to donate

I like the idea of a concerted effort. I also like the counter that tells us how much we have donated. I'm willing to donate if we find a reputable research project so as the previous post said my money is not going into a black hole.

Atila

I like this idea of funding, as long as we know that the mobey will be given to the right people/projects.

I would also donate if I knew for sure that the money was given proper use.

iosguru

I also believe we are not far away and the key to getting there is funding for research.

About a week ago I created an ad campaign on google against several herpes related search words. The best place I could find to point people to is the herpesisnormal.com website because the research & funding information is right there and jumps out at you.

I have been trying to locate the owner of that website but haven't been able to yet.

What I want is to be able to reach those who are also facing this, get them to the information and have it jump out at them and hope that they find the encouraging information and donate.

I am able to see how many times the "ad" is displayed and how many times people click but have no idea if anyone donates.

I do think if we had a brief, to the point document that covered the research - what each is doing, where they are at, funding goal etc...that would help.

maybe we can get a page here that is a collection point for this?

also if this site is run by an NPO it would be likely that the google search could be done free (rather than out of my pocket) and more traffic could be generated.

smithconfused

Where can I locate ur ad?

I also believe we are not far away and the key to getting there is funding for research.

About a week ago I created an ad campaign on google against several herpes related search words. The best place I could find to point people to is the herpesisnormal.com website because the research & funding information is right there and jumps out at you.

I have been trying to locate the owner of that website but haven't been able to yet.

What I want is to be able to reach those who are also facing this, get them to the information and have it jump out at them and hope that they find the encouraging information and donate.

I am able to see how many times the "ad" is displayed and how many times people click but have no idea if anyone donates.

I do think if we had a brief, to the point document that covered the research - what each is doing, where they are at, funding goal etc...that would help.

maybe we can get a page here that is a collection point for this?

also if this site is run by an NPO it would be likely that the google search could be done free (rather than out of my pocket) and more traffic could be generated.

I would like to take a look at ur ad. How can I view it? The herpesisnormal site does not seem to be updated; dont know why? No contact info either.

iosguru

Here is what the "ad" actually says...

Support Herpes Research

We are getting closer to vaccines

and cures, your help is needed!

herpesisnormal.com

it pops up either in the top or the right side bar of a google search. i have several search words/phrases that could trigger it to show including 'herpes, fever blisters, herpes pictures, cure herpes, genital herpes, herpe, genital sore' and a few more.

It has been displayed 25,000 times yet clicked on only 35 times and the clicks have cost me about $50 total.

If you do a google search and it shows up dont click it...that just costs us...go directly to the donation sites :)

Wishing Well

I enjoyed the video, thanks for sharing.

I also think there will be a cure one day. I was thinking today while I was studying that someone could start a company, rather than donations you actually buy shares in the company and the share capital (money raised) is then used to fund research. That way we the people with the virus are collecting money for people with the virus and any money made or lost is shared amoung the people based on their contribution.

So many people have this, $1 or $10 each would be enormous. The secret is to getting the word out and making it easy for people to contribute. Maybe this site could collect donations from us from its using and we as a group could pick where the money goes???