World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
photogirl

I don't know what to do...

photogirl

I am 22 year old female who has just found out about having herpes. I went to the doctor yesterday after being sore for a couple of days and she confirmed it for me. She took some tests to find out if it was 1 or 2, I will know in a couple of weeks.

Since finding out, I have been laying in bed crying, crying and crying. I know its not the end of the world, but I feel so alone, and so shitty. I keep asking myself "Why me?" But I come up with nothing.

I don't blame anyone. I am not sure where it came from 100%. I have an idea, and I've let the boy who I have been seeing know that he should be checked out as well. He didn't take it too well, and now we're not speaking.

I just feel so alone. I feel dirty, and upset. I hate the fact that its something I have to have for the rest of my life, something that will always be in the background, that awkward elephant in the room.

andrea

youre not alone

I got diagnosed for herpes this week. I felt like killing myself. I felt like no guy would ever want me again. But now i feel much better because when i saw my doc he said that he beliees a cure is on its way. Go google university of florida, cure for herpes. You'll see that there's work in progress. They think they might of found something that could stop having break outs forever, which would mean that we would no longer be contagious to non h people, and not have any symptoms ourselves.

You have to hang in there sweetie, dont lose hope. I'm 21.We have our lives ahead of us. Thikn of it as stupid pimples that come out every once in a while. And when you're out in public, tell yourself that 20% of the people around you suffer from the same thing you've got. And dont lose hope that a cure will be found. Do some research on it you'll see for yourself.

We are too young and too strong to let this desease get the best of us!

justme4u

the guy I think who gave it to me is not speaking to me either and I told him how disappointed I was in him. Oh well to each his own

I just got diagnosed earlier this month and felt like you both do. I have since calmed down and doing what I need to do for myself.

good luck to u

MissHope

Hey ladies, welcome aboard.

You've done the right thing in signing up here, this place is great to cheer you up, give you advice and give you a shoulder to cry on.

Photogirl, I echo what the other three before me have said - things will get better. We've all been where you are now and know exactly how it feels.

I was diagnosed with type 2 about 4 months ago, and like you, don't know who my gift giver was. At first I felt like my world was caving in and now, this thing is just a silly inconvenient bit of baggage that I have (not as lovely as a Luis Vuitton case but still...!).

I've learnt to put it into perspective and now I just don't care to worry about it. It does not define me and it never will.

And as for these guys, I'm sorry they've treated you this way. It stems from fear and ignorance - it's not your fault they've reacted this way!!!

You will learn to deal with this in time, and to address it with it partners. But firstly, you need to put this silly virus in its place so when you do have the talk, you don't freak out and don't act as if this is all there is to you, because it's not. Its a silly skin condition that can be managed.

Read up on the links to the right there and educate yourselves and you'll see that life will go on. I promise.

Good luck.

loudandlovely

well put misshope.

i signed onto this site about a year ago. i had just met someone new and needed some support when it came to telling him about my GHSV-2.

my friends are great, but none of them can understand just what it feels like.

this site is a great source for information, advice and above all, acceptance.

i contracted hsv-2 from a person i was dating. eight days before i graduated from college. as soon as i had the outbreak i knew what it was. i went to the doctor, they ran a lancet through a sore-one of the most painful moments of my life-and confirmed that i did indeed contract hsv-2 on my genitals. i immediately confronted the person who gave it to me. he claimed to be tested and to not have it, but i do not believe him to this day.

herpes does not rule my life. but it does stomp on my heart a little when i meet someone new. i want to just fall into it carefree like my friends get to, but alas....those days have been over for me for a while.

i am well learned on my situation and how to manage it. i eat well. i exercise. i watch my arginine.i take daily therapy when i am sexually active. i know my body well and listen to it with all ears. i know what a three day drinking binge and no sleep is going to do to me.

telling potential partners is scary, but i have done it five times now, and only one turned out bad...and not even that bad, he just never called again.

i am 27 now and have had herpes for almost six years.

i am in an amazing and loving relationship with someone who is HSV free.

do not let this skin irritation define you or hold you back.

it is simply a part of you and you can't let one thing hold you back.

be honest to yourself and others.

and above all, love yourself....you are still you.

if you ever want to chat or have any questions i will do my best to help you out.

stay strong sister...you have a long life ahead of you.

soconfused4

Trust me you are not alone. I just found out about 2 hours ago that I have Type 2 H. I am going through a divorce because I found out my soon to be ex-husband as been sleeping with someone since before we got married.

I have the same feelings. I am so confused as to what I need to do? But we all need to hang in there.

PicadillyPeaCoat

I'm 46 and diagnosed last month. For some reason I keep thinking it was two months ago, when it was only October 18th. I divorced my husband of 21 years, because he contracted it while screwing a prostitute. I was tested and tested and they said I was clean. 5 years later, I've had 2 outbreaks since October. It doesn't matter how old you are, it's devastating. I found my comfort with my two best friends Ben and Jerry. .

It's horrible to feel like we're leapers. I try to forget about it, but it's so very hard. I feel dirty as well and sometimes think what did I do to deserve this horrible gift that keeps on giving.

I'm so glad I found this board, because I really can't talk to anyone about it. I don't like bringing it up to my boyfriend, because I want him to forget that I have this. I feel ashamed and it's like this horrible secret, that I need to keep to myself.

We're all here for each other. I'm sure we will all get through this.