Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
greatday

Panic attacks and outbreaks

8 posts in this topic

Hi,

I have had panic attacks for years and they come and go. I have not had any since I was diagnosed with herpes 3 years ago, but about 2 months ago, I had an outbreak that caused neuropathy, which started a panic attack because I thought it was something much worse. The panic hasn't stopped (everyday I have at least 1 episode) and I am having outbreaks one after the other. Like it will clear up and then about 5 days later start again. And I can't stop panicking.

My question is, do any of you who have panic attacks find that it makes you have outbreaks? Is it doing the same thing to the body that stress does?

Thanks!

I'm having the same trouble, 3 OB this month never happens before, and i'm panic too, very stress.. I have herpes for more than 5 years now... But this time is really annoying:mad:

I am not sure what kind it is, but I have burning pain in my pelvic region when I have an outbreak. When it first happened I thought I was having a bladder infection, then it got so bad I thought I had pelvic inflammatory disease or something, but it is just the nerve pain.

I get this odd pressure in my pelvis...is your similar? Not really burning just pressure. I've often wondered if mine is nerve pain too.

Sometimes it is a pressure feeling with no burning (when I take valtrex and don't let it get too far). It drives me crazy because I stay focused on it and think its probably something worse, even though I've had the pain before.

and, does the pelvic pain just come with outbreaks? or, is it there all the time?

It only hurts during outbreaks, but even when the outbreak is over, the pain will linger for a few days.