World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
firecraker

New Here going for blood test tommorrow

firecraker

long story short was dating a guy that ended in the summer ( found out he was meeting other women) . Since then he has been on a rampage of putting himself out there. During our time together we would have frequent sex, for a long period of time ( I would be sore and once or twice had slight bleeding and what looked like a paper cut, which happened imediately or next day as well as burning while urinating) . I just learned through a source that one of the women he has been with has contracted herpes 2 and thinks it was from him. I am getting a blood test tomorrow and hope and pray I am ok. I had been to the doctor when we were together due to frequent infections. He claimed to have seen a doctor and all was ok neither of us I suspect were tested for herpes ( I know I was not) I was hoping I was and that it was negative so I would know, and can narrow down the source. I am worried that I have it, could have had it and not known about it and passed it on. I have not had any other symptoms and have not been active.

Misty67

Hi there!:flowers:

I knew something was wrong right after I was exposed. I had burning and redness, when the doctor examined me the 2 time he found a small tear.

I am blessed not to get blisters!!! my OB's are very mild! thank you GOD!

You could have been carrying the virus and just not known, the man that gave it to me had no clue he has HSV. 80% of the people that have it do not know!

It does take up to 3 month for HSV to show up in blood work! I hope that you are not a member of our club! BUT if you are! life goes on! it may feel like it is over, but I promise it will get better!!

Hang in there, let us know your results!!

firecraker

I will get the results this week. According to his story he was negative, but it could be too early for it to show up as the person he was active with was just diagnosed. He swears he his negative. My concern is I was having some issues while we were having sex which I thought was caused by friction and long sessions of vigorous activity. He was a bit rough at times and I did have a cut at one point that felt like a papercut. I am not supposed to know what I know, the information I got came to me confidentially and can not be revealed so I hope I do not have to expose it, and hope my test is negative. He was with this other woman 1 or 2 times while I then had sex with in between ( before I found out he was hot on someone else's trail) before I caught on and gave him his walking papers.

caligirl100

I had the same thing happen to me. It was really rough sex and the next day I noticed small cuts underneath the opening of my vagina. I immediately went to Planned Parenthood and they told me it was because of the rough sex. They said that herpes does not present itself in that way. So maybe that is what your cuts mean.

Well, since then I have been experiencing all kinds of crazy symptoms and I am just wondering if I have herpes or some type of bad bacterial infection. I got tested for everything under the sun and then took the iGG Herpesselect test after 12 weeks and it came back negative for both. I am going to wait another 12 weeks and retest to see for sure.

I hope you figure everything out.