Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
freespirit

lonely with hsv 2

4 posts in this topic

Hey everyone....well it's Friday night and I still haven't built my confidence back up since being diagnosed with genital herpes. So, Im sitting at home tonight. Here lately I have just been going out to clubs and parties just to get drunk because I honestly don't think that anyone is going to want to have a serious relationship with me after finding out that I have hsv 2. So when everyone else is with their boyfriends and no one is going out, I am left sitting at home. It really does SUCK extremely bad. I just don't know what to do. Maybe I will get my confidence and respect for myself back soon so I woln't continually be in this situation. Anyone understand?? :(

Confused

I'm a little confused. So you stay at home because you don't think anyone will want you? Sounds like self-fulfilling prophecy to me. You are not going to meet anyone staying at home or getting sh*t face in the club. So in a year when you are still alone you can just blame yourself and not H.

I assume you are not planning on hooking up with every guy that you meet. So in the mean time just enjoy dating. You don't have to tell everyone that you go out with that you have H. You never know you may find someone special.

Anyway, guys know that dating is a numbers game. The more people you go out with gives you a greater chance of finding someone who is willing to accept you and H.

Get out of the funk and live.

Maybe it is the method that is standing in the way. Why not find some nice guy with HSV and then go out? Use the internet or a dating service. I found my wife that way and she is smart, well empoyed, educated and beautiful. She also has HSV. I found my ex in a bar and all we were ever managed to do well as a couple was get plowed and dance.

Pura Vida...yeah I do think it is most def my method. I have gotten so used to just going out and not taking things seriously because I haven't worked up the courage to tell anyone about my herpes situation. But I guess I should start going out on regular dates because I don't have to tell everyone I go out with that I have herpes. Its not like I plan on hooking up every guy I date. I don't want to be the girl that guys just take out to clubs and not on regular dates just because I haven't got my respect back for myself after being diagnosed with hsv 2. Thanks for the advice!! :p

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Latest Buzz

• crisper
      Agreed! So, how do we go from anonymity to working as a group? Maybe we can contact those we are friends with outside of the hive. Or, divide those interested by location. Or create another website. 
    • Prettypony
      I agree with both replies. I too had a mini break down, and cried all day for days. But I started to research like crazy and it really did help me come to terms with my diagnosis. Not only that but it made me feel like I had some control over it. You will get there.  Give yourself time and keep coming back to this site, it is full of great advice and support. I'm sorry you are going through this.
    • wb1242
      @JBnATL, thanks for the clarification. That's great to know. I'll almost certainly reach out to her. @Sanguine108, I have been tracking my food intake carefully for a couple of months in MyFitnessPal.  Though my nutrition isn't optimized for my current goals, I don't think there are any smoking guns in there wrt to this.. @Free73, thank you!  Great information. I think you've hit on several major points.  The hydrocortisone, in combination with the major change and 'shock' to the system, as well as general 'stress', has compromised my immune system, or at least pissed-off the HSV..  I guess it's not uncommon to see an increase in outbreaks during periods of stress and change to the body such as these.. My exercise routine is evolving as I'm still a beginner. I started in July and have been averaging ~4 workouts a week, ~100x10 sets,reps/wk.. I've been hampered lately by a strained pec minor a week or so ago which has impacted most of my upper-body work. Also, my body probably sees the additional energy demand as even more stressful due to my adrenal/RT3 issues and reduced caloric intake.  I set my levels in MFP and Garmin Connect about as low as they would let me and I'm still almost always way under.. Since you've been working out all along, what do you think has caused you increased outbreaks? 
    • Maybe1day
      Well someone's gotta get this train rolling... we can talk all we want but if the money isn't collected then nothing gets done. As it stands, no one is even working on what we need specifically. Everyone is trying to cure eye diseases, which are important, but I think a more pertinent concern is genital hsv. So, unless we get moving with this, we're gonna be stuck with it for life. Even the groups that ARE working on it, have other priorities and you can see it on their pipelines.
    • LillianPanos
      Where can you buy it?  
    • Beachguy
      We all go through storms in life. Some more difficult than others, I have been through quite a few them including H.  During these storms don't focus on the darkness but focus on the light guiding our path. While painful I believe we come out better at the end. And yes I am overwhelmed by the power of the light. not the darkness.    
    • Blahdittilyblah
      I think an initial breakdown is normal to an extent I think most of us go through a mini version. I know I did, but I'm a curious person by nature I like to investigate and research things that I know little about. I became slightly obsessed with HSV 2 and spent hours a day on my phone researching then clearing my browser history for added security lol. But I quickly learned how common it is and what it really is and that helped me accept it and begin to move forward. I suggest you do as much research as possible on this virus to ease your mind and help you better understand it. 
    • Free73
      The IGG number of 6.6 itself is meaningless in terms of trying to decipher if an infection is recent or old. It just means that you have HSV antibodies, which suggests that you contracted the virus at least 12 weeks ago or longer. It generally takes 12 weeks or longer to develop IGG antibodies after initial infection. If you had a positive IGM and a positive IGG, that would indicate a recent infection, ie less than 12 weeks ago. However, IGM tests are not considered a reliable measure these days.  
    • Free73
      it depends on your body, everyone is different. If I get an outbreak, two tablets on one day is enough to give it a zap and it starts retreating. Other people need to take for a few days. Generally speaking, for episodal, 3 days should be long enough, but again it depends on how well your body takes to the Valtrex. Luckily mine responds very rapidly to valtrex
    • Delphinium
      Bf and I are seroconcordant so not worried about spread/suppressive therapy for his protection.....was just curious for outbreak management how others take their antivirals. I don't want another outbreak as bad as the first one.
  • Featured