Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

HSV1 Transmission odds?

2 posts in this topic

What are the odds of transmitting HSV1 orally and genitally without symptoms? Does anyone know a website with statistics?

I don't think there are any studies on HSV1 transmission risks. I'd be interested in those answers too.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Latest Buzz

• tigerlove
      Is there anyway you can give me proof that its false? It's to show a friend of mines.
    • Learning2CopeAZ
      You are not alone!  I, too, was diagnosed recently (Oct 5th).  I was devastated.  I had been tested about 12 years ago, before moving out to AZ to build this new life with my now husband.  I was negative.   We've been monogomous since I moved here and this comes out of nowhere.  I recently began a healthier lifestyle.  Eating well, exercising and I'm just about to my optimum weight.   Ironic, it pops up now when I've been under WAY more stress in past years and nothing like this happened.   I'm still coping with my first OB.  The painful ache has finally subsided, just a few symptoms remain (itching mostly).  I've tried  tea tree oil and that seems to have helped (got that tip from here, LOVE this site).   I'm super thankful my husband has been nothing but supportive.  We take things one day at a time.  Haven't had sex since the diagnosis, I honestly didn't want any type of physical intimacy in the first few weeks.  I was  devastated we'd have to use condoms and was selfishly thinking, I didn't want sex at all if that's what we had to do.   I'm slowly coming to terms with this new reality of mine and am hoping to be intimate with him again very soon!   It will get better, it has to.
    • Learning2CopeAZ
      I did check back with the doctor and she did type the swab.  I also had the blood draw yesterday for the full gambit of STDs to find out when I was exposed and to, hopefully, ensure nothing else is lurking in my system.
    • Second_chance
      @Rational Vaxxer how did the vaccine do with shedding? 
    • BoatyMcBoatface
      Knowing people can be asymptomatic I tried to put it as nicely as I could to him too. I told him all the circumstances surrounding the situation, even the chance that it might not be him, but he still hasn't responded. What's so wrong with getting checked for std's anyway? UGh!
    • Lila123
      Thanks ladies. I took as directed. Today I took my last dose and I still have discharge but much less.  I've read on this forum that bv usually follows obs. I hope it goes away! Was feeling sick know and depressed. 
    • fixme1
      How can you hate on someone for putting themselves out there to give the sufferers of the world a relief is beyond me
    • Mellisuga
      If I'm not 100%  POSITIVE on this STD test, then the test is RIGGED.
    • TCBH
      Thank you @Rational Vaxxer for sharing your experience.  I am so happy you have found relief and so sorry for all the haters.  It's good that you can empathize with their mentality and shows great emotional intelligence on your part.  Correct me if I'm wrong, people don't understand that Halford probably would have gone a more traditional route to get his vaccine through the FDA and to market but the powers-that-be have been leaning towards sub-unit vaccines over his approach of a live attenuated vaccine so funding has been difficult.  I think we're very lucky this has happened this way though.  Getting a vaccine through FDA takes many years but with this sidestep hopefully many of us can receive the therapeutic vaccine next year!  Thanks again and I hope you will keep us posted on your journey.  :-)
    • Nora1987
      I have seen a couple actually.. 
  • Featured