Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Anonymous

My Test Results???

3 posts in this topic

Here are the results from all the herpes tests that I have taken. I am so confused at the conflicting information/results of these tests. Please take a look and share your thoughts.......

Week 11 (Doctor #1):

Pockit test = negative

IgG type-specific Elisa (negative<0.9, positive>1.1)

HSV1= 0.54

HSV2= 4.14

Week 13 (Doctor #2):

Pockit test = negative

Week 15 (Doctor #3):

IgG type-specific Elisa (negative<.89, positive>.89)

HSV1= 0.20

HSV2= 3.44

Week 16 (Doctor #4):

pockit test = negative

Week 17 (Doctor #5):

HSV1 = negative

HSV2 = negative

If I was confused before, I am even moreso today. Please help me make sense of these results..

These are all diff doctors testing you?? What made you do that , needed more opinions??

I wish I could help. Have the doctors offered any explanation?

what symptoms have you experienced? after having an itchy rash for the second time, i had the blood work done, and received an answer of equivocal, and the doctor said i could assume i was not infected. they seem to have no clue. my symptoms: two occasions ("outbreaks"?), spaced apart by 18 months, with lots of itching and inflammation, but no sores or discharge. total insanity.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Latest Buzz

• BeWell&Win
      Thank you @Learning2CopeAZ! I'm sorry you are dealing with this. It is definitely life changing. You mentioned you were negative before, so with your first outbreak did you have a culture or blood test? I took a culture test with my first ob. I had prodrome symptoms of an ob about 2 weeks after my first ob, but I took the meds and it went away. I haven't had anymore ob's. Stress seems to be my biggest trigger. If I get super stressed, my nodes swell up, so I know to stop stressing and make changes immediately. The itching is annoying! I understand, but just know it will also subside. I use Tea tree oil, and it does work!  If you and your husband want to skip condoms, you could take meds to reduce risk of transferring it to him. It's great that he's very supportive, so I'm sure you two will figure it all out :-)  I believe with time, it will get better. Just try to keep a positive attitude, take care of yourself, gain as much knowledge as you can about living with this virus, learn to be more patient with yourself, and just take it one day at a time. That's really all we can do. You seem to be on the right track!
    • K_Sock
      But you're not a classic example as you got diagnosed... If 1/5 have genital herpes and 80% currently don't know than you're still in the vast minority.. and have more than likely expressed worse symptoms than most.. That said, we do know that of the 80% who didn't know they had HSV in the study MOST admitted to symptoms after being told of them. Also, not saying 43 is old, but sex education in schools has improved, and so people should be getting diagnosed at a higher rate.. Most millennials and younger generations certainly are now aware that cold sores are oral herpes and that lip or genital contact should be avoided whilst one is present - that education alone should be decreasing transmission even if hook-up culture and such is very much alive.. Likewise condoms are much more commonplace these days than in the past - condoms don't eliminate the risk, but they do help prevent hsv transmission. I would certainly suggest hsv rates are on the decline. @hitkid Blood tests for hsv are certainly available in Canada.. Both the IgG and Western Blood Blot can be received...  
    • Seeker1960
      I have had discomfort since the beginning to a greater and lesser degree. My symptoms have changed over that last 9 months. Some gave gotten better some worse. The news about Halford's vaccine is hopeful. So it will great if he can get it out in a year.
    • Cantbetrue
      Yes, male. Thanks for the response. Gosh, where did you find that info? Very interesting! I found anywhere from 2 to 20 days. Thanks again. She has this above mentioned tingling after heavy lifting and it continues for 3 weeks or more and it makes her feel like it's prodrome with no ob. I've read prodrome doesn't last that long. Again, stats on prodrome seem to be all over the place. Anything concrete on duration of prodrome??
    • fixme1
      People like that are the people we should ignore. Theres a few on here spouting negativity, personally if i was admin id ban them ha.
    • Bukx
      If this works, it will be so amazing! I just can`t believe He is doing this; Halford is just amazing
    • oneday
    • Free73
      I agree 100% Lily. For me, it drew a line in the sand as far as my relationships were concerned. For many of us it presents an opportunity for change and growth, but as humans, we resist change, even if it's change that needs to happen. I see it in myself and how I've changed since being diagnosed last year, but I also see myself at times fighting that change. In some ways, it's easier to just go back to old, dysfunctional behaviours, even though those behaviours didn't serve me well from a relationship perspective. It takes courage to change and H in many ways is the sign that life has given us to push us in the direction that we need to go.  
    • Prettypony
      "Getting to know someone well enough to decide if they are a person you trust with deeply personal information before you sleep with them will, in truth, probably save you tons if trouble as the years pass by" I love how you said this! So true! Thank you
    • GKH
  • Featured