Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

My Story: Make Cold Sore Go Away in 3 Days

3 posts in this topic

My Story:

I am so happy! My birthday was on Thursday and I am going to the bars on Friday, and so this was huge for me! I almost cancelled my birthday party because of the coldsores I got!

I have gotten coldsores since I was a kid. I get about 4-6 outbreaks a year. Although, I went almost a whole year without an outbreak from August 2007 to June 2008. I was not on any medicine at that time. I do not like repressive therapy, it is not good for the body, at least that is my opinion.

This happened this week (March 1st- March 4th 2010):

Gone in 3 days, here is the picture of sore on 3rd day:

Monday night-- while shaving, felt a little wierd tingling on my lip, didn't think too much of it, but I still popped a 400mg tablet of acyclovir (remember this drug works from the inside by inhibiting what is called viral DNA polymerase, so this acts to stop the cold sore virus (HSV-1) from the inside.

Tuesday-- Woke up at 800am. No signs of visible cold sore yet, and it didnt feel wierd, but then in class at 930 am it started tingling there and I knew I was prolly gunna get one. After my classes were done at 230pm in the afternoon I rushed home, knowing I was getting a cold sore. I immediately took 2 400mg tablets of Acyclovir (at 300pm). Then, I lathered some Abreva on there. So now, I was working on the sore from inside and out. Remember, Abreva is actually the trademark name for Docosanol, and it works by apparently (100% proof not shown, but good enough) prevents the fusion of the human host cell with the viral envelope of the herpes virus, thus preventing herepes from replicating in the cells. So, all day after that, every hour, I would go into a public bathroom and put the Abreva onto the area of the sore. At dinner (630pm) I took another 800mg of Acyclovir. DO NOT listen to what the package says! Make sure to put it on every hour, or if you feel tingling! So it didn't really get any bigger, but I did notice the little bubbling up. I also put it on the lip as a white blob, do not rub it in, before you go to bed, that way you have alot of it to soak into your dermis as you sleep. I also woke up at the halfway point in my sleep and put on more Abreva, since the original Abreva has all soaked in by this point.

Wed- Woke up at 900am. See that the little blisters are there, I don't pop them. I have had cold sores for years, this is very hard not to do! DO not pop them! I took 800mg of Acyclovir at the time I woke up. 400mg of Acyclovir at 12pm lunch. At 230pm I went to the pharmacy and picked up tablets of L-Lysine. I took 1000mg at once. Dinner I took 400mg of Acyclovir. and another 500mg of L-Lysine. By bedtime the sores had not gotten bigger or spread, and they were drying up! All through the day I applied Abreva every hour. I did the same thing at night for the white blob before you sleep. I woke up in the night to put on more again.

Thursday- Woke up at 800 am. Took 400mg of Acyclovir and 1000mg of L-Lysine. I took 400mg of Acyclovir with every meal. 500mg of Lysine at Lunch and dinner. Notice, not 800mg of Acyclovir anymore. Why? That is a large dose, and I do that initally to fight it hard, but then I just believe you need to do less. Again every hour apply Abreva. As I go to bed now, the sores are blended in, almost dried out. Its awesome.

You have to use all 3 therapies. and for me, I do not take Acyclovir regurally, because I do not want to build up resistance to the virus. I only take one pill every 2 to 3 days when I do not have outbreaks.

You have to fight the sore and be on it constantly, and you get good results. None of the herbal remedies. and the food thing? guess what?!! I drink grape juice and eat peanuts every day! They both have tons of arginine in them. I eat whatever, and just fight the sore when I have it!

Hope this helps! I had to post since I am sooo happy!

Congrats! I wish I could get my hands on that "acyclovir" (Zovirax)

my parents say its too expensive

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Latest Buzz

• @lw@ys
      I've been considering Zostavax. I already have the RX I just am not ready to drop $225 for something that may or may not help. I did have chicken pox as a child so it will have some benefit. I'm just kinda scared that it might set off my HSV's  
    • Sillybrain2
      None of this ^^^ banter is relevant to this thread or the research section - take it elsewhere please.
    • Lisajd
      Thats what it comes down to.... the partner accepting the risk..knowing the consequences.  
    • Lisajd
      There are a lot of others on other sg sites stating nerve issues Since dx.
    • Lisajd
      @gkh You also said you have hsv1 in this thread. So what type do you have or is it both?
    • TCBH
      Ok update.  I don't think the Varivax vaccine did anything to help me.  It seems I've gone back to the baseline of typical symptoms.  I haven't had the follow-in booster so I may go for can't hurt, I hope.  :-)
    • Free73
      The blister could have been herpes, so too the rash. As someone who is diagnosed with HSV2 via swab and regularly gets outbreaks, an outbreak can be as small as a raised pinhead which looks like a pimple and can often go unnoticed, to a series of pimple like blisters over a rash which are impossible to mistake for something else. It will vary from person to person and outbreak to outbreak. Having said that, they may not have been herpes either. But there is not necessarily a 'classic' herpes blister to look out for and I think most people have misinterpreted what a herpes blister can look like and therefore, herpes is often misdiagnosed or ignored. Trying to reach a conclusion on herpes only from perceived 'nerve pain' doesn't work. Nerve pain can come from multiple sources. Out of interest, did you take anything for the jock itch diagnosis? Where on your genitals was the jock itch?
    • WilsoInAus
      As I understand it, the blood test was the diagnosis and revealed that you have had HSV-2 for quite some time. Hence the fact that the symptoms emerged are not related to the diagnosis. Nerve pain associated with herpes is rare and if it does occur, will usually accompany lesions. This is not to say that your symptoms are not related to herpes, they might be. Equally they may not and an open mind will be important.  
    • MarkHopefull
      Thanks Seeker. I understand that this is something that many have been dealing with for much longer than I have, so I understand the skepticism. The only thing I know if that the nerve discomfort corresponds to roughly around the time of my HSV-2 diagnosis. The initial OB (if that's what it was) wasn't what I've read as being "typical." I had two doctors tell me it was jock itch. It seems like it impacts many people differently, so I don't see it be too far fetched as the cause of my discomfort. I think most of us are hoping that Halford is heading in the right direction. I know I'm keeping my fingers crossed on it.
    • Free73
      @GKH This is what you wrote in Emmamichelle's thread last week and I quote........... "There's a book that warns all about this kinda stuff, ya know, and if we had just taken it seriously and learned to follow the rules, this could've been prevented. There IS a cure for's called abstinence. If everyone waited until marriage it would eventually disappear. And if everyone started today it would be gone in only 1 generation". I won't post anymore where you then went into a tirade about how people should feel ashamed etc. but who thinks like that? What are we in Medieval Europe? Biggest pile of self righteous, religious horseshit I have read on here. I have been diagnosed with Herpes Simplex Type 2. You have what seems to be a new strain of herpes called Herpes Imaginitis. Apparently it's the hardest strain of herpes to diagnose.....I wonder why? It's people like you and a few others on here that promote and institutionalise social stigma's. And you need to be called out on it. Even your own doctor's won't have anything to do with you. That speaks volumes
  • Featured