Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HAF932

The importance of Arginine in the body??

3 posts in this topic

Since HSV feeds off of Arginine, it must have some relevance in the body right? All i keep hearing is how people want to get low levels of the Arginine amino acid in their body in order to "starve" the HSV virus but by doing that are we causing any adverse effects on the long run for our health?

Some interesting quotes below. Gah! Figures the pesky little virus would choose an important piece of the body to feed off of

The benefits of l arginine are being studied on an ongoing basis and the results show that the benefits of l arginine include enhancing the function of the immune system, helping to detoxify the liver, and helping with fertility in men. L arginine also plays a vital role in the release of both insulin and growth hormones in the body.

http://www.nutritional-supplements-health-guide.com/benefits-of-l-arginine.html

Arginine, or L-arginine, is an amino acid that is needed to keep the keep the liver, skin, joints, and muscles healthy. Arginine helps strengthen the body’s immune system, regulates hormones and blood sugar, and promotes male fertility. In addition, research has shown that this amino acid may improve circulation and treat impotence and heart disease.

Arginine is involved in a variety of hormonal processes in the body. It stimulates the pancreas to release insulin, is used to make the pituitary hormone vasopressin, and regulates the production of growth hormone.

The body needs arginine to produce nitric oxide, a chemical that causes blood vessel relaxation (vasodilation).

L-arginine stimulates the production of growth hormones, so it is necessary for small children to grow into adults. It is also especially useful in the healing process from trauma, sepsis, and burns.

Some studies indicate that L-arginine shows some promise in the treatment of cardiovascular disease, by reducing blood pressure and lowering LDL (bad) cholesterol.

Another of the benefits of L-arginine is how it also is believed to help in impotence and fertility problems in men. The studies are still ongoing on L-arginine, but it shows great promise in these areas.

I'm assuming that, because arginine is non-essential and can be made within the body, you only need to have a small amount in your diet. Therefore having a diet low in arginine shouldn't cause problems if you're otherwise healthy.

I'm not a doctor or anything, that's just my view on it :)

Yeah I'm worried about this arginine link too....

Arginine is a great NO (nitric oxide) booster and used by guy at the gym for this as well as the other positive benefits as mentioned above...