Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NoobNoob

Is HSV-1 considered STD ?

5 posts in this topic

Hi

Is HSV-1 (cold sore on the face) considered a STD ?

Not scientificaly speaking.

But generaly speaking, do people still perceive HSV-1 to be STD ?

How many people do you know that live with HSV-1 and mentally doing well ?

I posted on another topic. I think because of my experiance which was sad that you had better consider this condition as sexually transmitted although it can vbe transmitted other ways. Times are changing and you had better bring the subject up.

I grew up thinking most people had them and you just shouldn't kiss someone when you had them and later not to have oral sex.

Herpes has now been linked to an increased supseptibily to other conditions.

I hope this will cause more study and hopefully a cure.

I wouldn't consider cold sores on the mouth a STD but you have to be VERY careful. People think that everyone has had a cold sore. Well I was 18 years old and NEVER had one and I had oral sex w/ someone that did and now I have type 1 HSV on my genitals. That was 8 years and I've only had 1 out break since the initial one but still I have it. If I would have had cold sores on the mouth then I would not have been infected w/ it on my genitals.

Hi I'm not trying to make light of your situation but I'd rather have hsv1 than hsv2 anyday!!!!!!!

Well did you know that HSV1 is considered an STD if received via ORAL SEX?

I have HSV2. And just to make you aware, Herpes is Herpes no matter how you look at it. I would rather have NONE. But unfortunately I wasn't given any choice.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Latest Buzz

• Jeremy Spokein
      @K_Sock Thanks for this. Appreciate your response.
    • Jeremy Spokein
      Wow, what was triggering the OB's, if you don't mind me asking...?
    • K_Sock
      @Jeremy Spokein To answer your question, everybody is different but I don't think it's un-common to have had another outbreak so soon. As you have heard, the first few weeks or months should be the worst as your body builds up antibody defense!  Re: valtrex, I have taken one 500mg pill every single day since I got this virus. It's well tolerated and I have definitely even tripled-up a daily dosage before (for suppressive reasons) so I'd take 2 /day if I were you to get over with the outbreak.  As for your attitude, seems like you're doing everything really well... Happy birthday and best wishes. 
    • searching for the truth
      Had another igg test done this week ,still pos for 1 neg for 2 .  Also had naa swab done on area of skin on penis that was red and itching awaiting those results.  It is what it is, just want to know what it is. can anyone comment if they have swabbed positive for hsv2 but never got a positive on blood work.  I have read and know this happens with hsv1 and can happen with 2 just wondering if I'm one of the unlucky that will never know.  
    • SureWhyNot
      I have never used pharma and no I am no longer getting the constant OB's I was getting in the last couple years. I had 6 in one month until I found what was triggering mine. I was OB free for most of the 25yrs while under care of Holistic professionals. I screwed up and stayed away from my self care and after 8yrs of abuse and screwing up my chemistry the HSV came back with a vengeance and I started getting OB's again. It took me 3yrs to get back on track and if I did not have a pro to guide me I would never have figured it out as my problem was so obscure.  
    • thebarrier
      Hi there, I was diagnosed with HSV-2 on 12/7 and just had my first outbreak. It is believed I contracted HSV-2 through asymptomatic shedding.  Like most people carrying this virus, I have been Googling as much as I could to learn more about the disease, treatments, prevention and how to avoid transmitting it to my next partner. I am actually more concerned about the possibility of affecting others rather than me bearing a lifelong pain and discomfort from time to time. It appears the latest research has been focusing on vaccines that can prevent viral shedding under the skin. Perhaps the scariest part of HSV-2 is that you don't know when and where it will happen again (forget about looking for symptoms because there's a much higher percentage of people who got it asymptomatically). Sufferers often have to rely on the body to "tell" them it may be ready to shed and then start taking antiviral drugs immediately to suppress it.  That's not prevention. As HSV is always transmitted through skin-to-skin contact (entered through minor cuts or mucous skin), can we cover the infected area with yet another skin like barrier like some waterproof spray bandage? My logic is this: if the virus has managed to enter into my body through weakened skin. What if I apply a second skin to block its exit now and possibly in the future 5 minutes before sex? I have read that there is a good chance the site of next outbreak is likely to be around the region, if not the same area. I just learned my life lesson that condom is not 100% safe because it doesn't protect the uncovered area around my genital. The woman I contracted HSV-2 from was a squirter so you could imagine the amount of body fluid coming out in direct contact with me. The area of infection was most likely due to a couple of very small cuts I caused myself while shaving my pubic area 2 days prior to us having sex (so if you shave watch out).   To prove that, I decided to use some Elastoplast Spray Plaster on the infected area after I applied a small amount of Betadine. Once the spray was dried I tried to swab it. It didn't take on any brown Betadine!  If a barrier is waterproof and thick enough like condoms, is there a good chance that it may block the virus from leaving my body. Because the infected area is now healing, viral shedding is still very likely before and after the blisters so a swab test would still be good. I plan to see my GP and ask for two swab tests, one before and after the spray. It would be interesting to see what the results would be.  My outbreak site is between my belly bud and genital but not on any part of the genital (have two infected areas of 20 mm x 40 mm on each side). I would really appreciate anyone here who has tried this approach to share their experience.
    • Lilibet
      @Hester and I agree - it has been truly awful  I never want to experience it ever again. 
    • Jeremy Spokein
      Thank you so, so much for this post... That particular part also gave me a ton of hope. I wasn't sure if I'd be taking these meds for the rest of my life. Every time I pop a pill, I almost break down... thank you so much. You've made my day
    • Lilibet
      @Hester hi - me too - I had burning and discomfort 13 days ago... No lumps appeared for 5 days but the incredible painful urination and discomfort continued. Saw 2 Drs who thought it was bacterial (I had no immediate reason to suspect herpes). Then I had lumps, then sores. They have lasted 3-4 days. They have now faded but there are still some by my bottom. I went with sudacream today, to soothe. I'm going to continue taking the lysine and vitamins in the hope to minimise the outbreak.  So much personal info! I hope you're coping  
    • Prettypony
      And I finished my valtrex yesterday!
  • Featured