Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wantingtoknow

ACAM-529 Herpes vaccine from acambis

2 posts in this topic

Whatever happened to ACAM-529? from Acambis? According to Acambis in their letter to shareholders in 2008. The herpes vaccine was in clinical pretrials. David Knipe, the Higgins Professor of Microbiology and Molecular Genetics at Harvard Medical school aparently led the effort. But theyve been silent for the past year.

Acambis was purchased by Sanofi-Pasteur and if you type www.acambis.com into your browser, it directs you to the website of S-P which does not contain the pipeline. It is perfectly possible that its development got suspended, since recently there was no news about it... However, the only way to know for sure is to write an e-mail to S-P.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Latest Buzz

• Lisajd
      We have all been where you are so please understand that you will be ok it does take time.  You'll get plenty of support and information from this site but first of all what type do you have exactly and how are you diagnosed. What I would suggest to you is do some research and learn as much as you can about the virus because I really will help and it will help you to understand what you need to do going forward in terms of being able to live a normal life because many people have this and it shouldn't stop me from doing anything that you have always wanted to do. 
    • TravelingTeacher
      Was just diagnosed yesterday and I am on the verge of a complete breakdown. 
    • Beachguy
      Hi, I have been to several doctors including 2 dermatologist to evaluate a rash (Not HSV). This has been very persistent and on my neck for over a month.  The medicine they prescribed help but very slowly. I also recently picked up Terri Warren's ebook and I saw she suggested burow's solution AKA Domeboro Astringent Solution. (Available everywhere OTC) This stuff is amazing after 3 application it reduced the rash over 90 percent. According to the book and medicine it treats HSV, Shingles, and general rashes.  Just wanted to share with everyone and hope if helps anyone. BeachGuy  
    • BoatyMcBoatface
      I think of it like bedbugs in NYC. You will think, "I'm not dirty..my place is clean. I'll never get bedbubgs." They're everywhere in the city. Subway benches, offices, stores, movie theaters..etc.. I have had them. Several people I know have had them too and there is shame also with mentioning you have them! I remember the only thing I had worry about telling a guy if he stayed over was the bedbugs. It was a little like disclosing an STD lol. Now I would happily trade herpes for bedbugs.
    • herpdeherpherp
      Hi A'lanna, Correct me if I'm wrong here, male readers, but I think men tend to be fixers. When we women come to them upset or with problems, it makes them upset, and they want to make us happy again. So they start suggesting solutions or they try to brighten our mood - if this doesn't work, they get frustrated and feel useless. Whereas we women mostly need/want to talk problems out - we want to vent, express how we feel, and then we feel better, regardless of whether the problem is fixed or not. To men, this looks like we're going round in circles  Perhaps you could try asking him for exactly what you need/want when you feel down? E.g. "could you please listen to me/hug me" and once he's done it, thank him and tell him it helped? Him saying he "always has to lift you up from a bad mood" sounds to me like he cares about you and wants to protect/help you. He feels personally responsible when you're sad. He wants to help, he wants to make you happy, but is frustrated because he doesn't know how. Please disregard if not helpful. Just my two cents from noticing my similar patterns with previous exes. One used to freak out whenever I cried about something. When I told him how helpful it was when he just gave me a hug, or sat and listened, he seemed to feel much better... he just needed to feel useful.
    • crazypuglady
      Thank you so much for your responses! I have been looking into chinese medicine and keen to try it.
    • Free73
      Hi there wb, I am also an avid weight lifter and have genital herpes. I also take Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard whey. Like you, my outbreaks have been pretty constant over the last 12 months after many years of having few, if any noticeable outbreaks. I'm 43. I would be surprised if it's the protein shakes. The ratio of lysine to arginine in ON's gold standard whey is about 9 grams per 100 grams vs 2 grams per 100 grams. That's a 4:1 ratio of Lysine to Arginine which is very high. The hydrocortisol could be a problem. I have read that oral steroids can suppress the immune system, so perhaps get some more information on that from your doctor. What is your current exercise and training routine? You want to make sure that you are not overtraining. Lifting weights will stress the body. Exercise is good for the immune system, but overdo it and it will supress the immune system. I have been lifting weights for 20 years, but as I've gotten older, I know that my body is struggling to keep up, particularly after contracting herpes. I lift pretty heavy and use a four day split routine. I primarily use free weights and work in a rep range of 4-7, so I am lifting heavy and really taxing the body. I definitely think it plays a role in the frequency of outbreaks, because my training hasn't really slowed down in intensity as I've gotten older, yet the body requires more recovery time as you get older. I also think that because you recently started lifting, it's causing a shock to your body and immune system. Even though you have made these improvements to the quality of your life by starting to exercise and giving up smoking etc., you have introduced a new 'shock' to your body and your immune system is possibly still trying to get used to it. For me, I know that my weight training probably aggravates the herpes and my outbreaks, but it also makes me feel great both physically and mentally and i'm not prepared to give that up simply to lessen the frequency of outbreaks. What I do need to do is give my body more recovery time and get better sleep.
    • Blahdittilyblah
      I think it's a good idea to consider how long you have been in some sort of a relationship and where you see this going. If it hasn't been too long then let it ride for a little longer no need to disclose if your not sure where things should go if you didn't have this issue. If it's been a while then disclose. I wouldn't wait until you both are so emotionally invested that it may cloud ones decision or hurt really bad if rejected. It's a difficult thing to judge but if you feel it may go to a full blown relationship involving sex then tell him if he likes you as much as you do him he will be ok with it if not then you saved yourself some heartache. 
    • Heart1
      Hi Choosehappy,  I'm so sorry to hear your story. I don't know much about OCD but this website will help you realize that you are not alone with hsv. There are a lot of people here who can provide you with support and help educate you about ways to cope. We all had the same emotions in the beginning. We all had our first week. It will get better, I promise.  I suggest visiting the chat room, I have found that to be most helpful. You will find many people who will listen to your story and help answer your questions. Just know that you will get through this!
    • Hester
      I know exactly how you feel. I was totally distraught and despondent when I was diagnosed. I was a mess for a good month. I slowly started feeling better. Went on some anxiety meds temporarily until I felt better.   Do you have a councillor you can talk to?
  • Featured