Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wantingtoknow

ACAM-529 Herpes vaccine from acambis

2 posts in this topic

Whatever happened to ACAM-529? from Acambis? According to Acambis in their letter to shareholders in 2008. The herpes vaccine was in clinical pretrials. David Knipe, the Higgins Professor of Microbiology and Molecular Genetics at Harvard Medical school aparently led the effort. But theyve been silent for the past year.

Acambis was purchased by Sanofi-Pasteur and if you type www.acambis.com into your browser, it directs you to the website of S-P which does not contain the pipeline. It is perfectly possible that its development got suspended, since recently there was no news about it... However, the only way to know for sure is to write an e-mail to S-P.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Latest Buzz

• Jeremy Spokein
      I suspect it's HSV-2 because I started getting the "tingles" again and noticed a small developing sore/bump not even 3 weeks after my primary outbreak... I'm on day 3 of taking 2x 500mg Valtrex pills and I can still feel the tingle. I'm going to start suppressive therapy as of tomorrow. Hopefully just 1 500mg Valtrex pill a day will do it. Got a pivotal week ahead that's very important for my career and this is the last thing I can worry about now... Just making sure to get enough rest and eating well. Will resume exercising and hitting the gym hard after this week is over. I appreciate any words of wisdom/guidance! Still trying to make it through this emotionally, but I think I'm doing ok.
    • Free73
      I haven't heard that anywhere..........just go and get the test done
    • VVK
      It could happen during the period of time after initial infection but before someone develops antibodies.
    • Lisajd
      Go and see your dr so you can be informed.
    • Prettypony
      Thank you for your response. 
    • WilsoInAus
      What herpes do you have, what testing have you had done?
    • Sarahbby28
      I've read it isn't as accurate if you already have type 1 
    • Lisajd
      You keep asking what are the odds?  Its been stated in other threads.  Low. But there are variables.  You have been given info based on what we know about risks and transmission.  But its your body and only a test will demonstrate infection or not.  
    • Free73
      Are you afraid to get tested for HSV2? You keep asking the same question.......why don't you have an IGG test to confirm the type?
    • VVK
      Folks please try to stay on topic - I know it's natural to want to offer support to any member in a thread like it's a chat room but it's a bit different. Let's not derail the OP's thread. This thread should focus on the OP's issue.
  • Featured