Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
teecee

anybody having facial pains from herpes

2 posts in this topic

Im new to the forum. I was told I have some kind of herpes. I been having extreme pain on one side of my face. I started to take medicine for 10 days and pain, burning would go away. this is been happening for at least 3 to 4 years now. At one point they thought it was some type of TMJ but have been seeing a chiropacter, he thinks it's the herpes virus.

Recently the pain is not going away and the doctor placed me on veltrax everyday. When i'm on medicine, the pain is almost at 5-10 percent from 100 W/O medicine.

I do not have visible sores on mouth area but inside my inner thighs, I do see reddish marks that are very itchy, but the medicine makes it less itchy and goes away.

My question: is anybody out there having similiar reactions.. sometimes I don't think it's herpes but I'm really confused.

It's not the end of world and I feel good on medicine.

Hello :wavey: Like you I'm new to this forum... I don't have GH but get cold-sore outbreaks on my face and chest on the right side of my body. I suffer a great deal of pain from them even when they're not there or I have an outbreak. Doctor seems to think it's neuralgia. sometimes the pain is so bad I have to take Amitriptiline sedatives and the glands on the back of my head all swell up...

the doctor told me that the neuralgia is something completely different and not linked to cold-sores, however, I now think differently as I never had a problem until I was diagnosed with cold-sores and the pain only comes on one side of my face and head where I get the outbreaks!!

So yep I know how you feel an the pain is horrible too.. Sedatives should help whilst the outbreak is really bad but strong pain killers will do the trick too xx

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Latest Buzz

• WilsoInAus
      No herpes does not transfer alive to another surface. It dies immediately on contact with air. It takes skin to skin rubbing with voluminous amounts of the virus coming to the surface at the right time to even have a chance of infecting someone.  
    • WilsoInAus
      Hi @Em18 this is exactly the reason why people shouldn't jump right into a diagnosis of herpes without the evidence. There is just too much misunderstanding even when it is a herpes diagnosis let alone when it isn't present at all. Lucky no one had money on the positive diagnosis! Please do not self diagnose though, you still need to arrive at a conclusion and nothing has been eliminated yet in my view, although if your partner's testing was IgG for HSV-1 and HSV-2 and was negative that does push herpes down your list a lot, but not off for HSV-1 if you have received oral sex. Have you got a printout of your boyfriend's results? There are many things this could be, yeast, staph, molluscum, scabies etc. so please get to right answer.
    • hayitsmay
      but my vagina came into contact with it? how is there no chance? what about the people that have genital herpes and they use it? im not trying to sound insensitive but doesn''t herpes last a while on surfaces?
    • WilsoInAus
      There is absolute zero chance of being infected with herpes from the toilet seat. Very interested in how you came to think this may even have been a possibility? Stories from friends? Internet? It is a shame such stigma exists to create such fears without basis in people.
    • hayitsmay
      today i used the public restroom, i don't know how often this particular restroom is but i don't think alot of people use them but i guess thats besides the point, anyways, Im wore underwear pants and shorts under my pants because i wanted to go to the gym later and i thought it would just be easier and quicker to wear them under so i pull all my undergarments down ind of in a hurry because i had been working all day and finally had the chance to use the restroom and from what i remember, i dont remember seeing anything on the toilet but im not really sure. i dont like to put my butt on public toilets so i decided to squat and in doing so, my underwear came into contact with the front of the toilet like sort of near where you see the space in between where the top flap of the toilet is, like how you see its an incomplete oval  that space and i think it rested there for like a minute (for how ever long i peed for) and i noticed it and pulled my garments back up and that means it had contact with my vaginal area. with that being said, how long should i wait to get herpes, like whats the amount of time for symptoms to show up? i had to stay in these same pants for like 4 hours due to work and not being able to change so is it likely i will get genital herpes from this incident...
    • gonnakillher
      How much time between the latest sexual encounter and the symptoms? I've never heard these symptoms just popping up out of nowhere for someone. It's always after a sexual encounter, so...idk. Your call I guess. I'm waiting for Western Blot and a diagnosis of something else before I proceed with sex. Tough to remain abstinent w/a new hot girlfriend wanting it but I need to be responsible about it.  Just listen to your conscience, brotha. 
    • Hester
      Interesting news. I'm sure that many more cancers are caused by viruses than we realize. Any research that can successfully eradicate viruses, even "benign, non-fatal" ones like hsv, I believe, will go far in curing/ preventing cancer as well. 
    • Hester
      You can get HSV2 orally.  I doubt the virus has instinct but I'm sure it is biologically adapted to follow certain chemical receptors that lead it to the nerves/ ganglion
    • clarke53
      thats bs i have hsv2 oral 
    • Free73
      Why are you not getting the blisters swabbed? I dont understand why people leave their blisters and go and get blood tests. Swabbing a blister is the gold standard for diagnosing herpes
  • Featured