Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
singersinger333

Itching while healing

3 posts in this topic

I've been diagnosed with HSV 1 on my genitals (female)/.

So just wondering.

Are you suppsoed to experience itching while healing?

Singer- I experienced horrible itching while healing. My sores had been healed for days and I had bad itching for about a week. It was terrible, so I believe it is normal.

It's now been 7 weeks since I was diagnosed. After I was totally healed up I itched like crazy, keeping me up at night. It never bothered me during the day. After reading on here I found out that things you eat can trigger it. I found that if I eat peanut butter or chocolate, that I itch. Just last night I was itching again and I remembered that I had eaten some chocolate yesterday afternoon. Those are the only two things that I personally have found trigger the itch.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Latest Buzz

• Blahdittilyblah
      I know I will have my moments so brace yourselves for that time. In the meantime I look forward to communicating with the community and helping as much as I can. 
    • LinksJ
      I think you are mistaking the type of person I am. I don't fiend for all this pussy/multiple girls. I want a relationship. But disclosure brings anxiety into building one. For instance, I have been talking to this girl for 3 months (she goes to school a few hours away). What happens when I go and say I might have H? What will that rejection feel like? With the information I currently have, do I really need to submit myself to that judgement?
    • Felina88
      Hai there. I've never had an obvious outbreak, but I found out through routine blood work. Its nice to see someone in good spirits here, a lot of us can use that. Of course, don't feel like you always have to be. Welcome!
    • WilsoInAus
      OK here is what I can add to your thinking:
      - 2 days is not enough time for a culture result to come back correctly typed, it must be a PCR test otherwise the swab may not have yielded any credible result or contribute to your diagnosis
      - if you had oral then HSV-1 is a possibility provided you do not have oral cold sores already Hence, I should have also asked whether you had blood testing for IgG antibodies for HSV-1 and HSV-2 either in July or before? Overall I would agree that there is no diagnosis of herpes here at this time.
    • gonnakillher
      You guys can discredit me all you want for my name. That doesn't make what I say untrue. And I have a right to vent a little. She didn't disclose. I'm not actually pondering killing her, but I have thought about her getting stung by bees on her twat, getting explosive diarrhea on a date, getting her hair caught in a fan, etc. It brings some relief. 
    • cherryblossom91
      I first noticed the lesion July 24th, got it swabbed the 24th. Got the first results the 26th. The next day they couldn't understand the results.  The next day I'm positive for ghsv1. "Wrong test code" was on my results on the portal btw, they wouldn't explain to me what that meant and said they couldn't disclose that info to me.  I had vaginal sex from a guy, oral and we kissed. (Not a new partner really, we had sex a few times) The lesion appeared almost two weeks after. Also I was just getting over a yeast infection and prior got over BV. 
    • cherryblossom91
      Yeah my GYN told me to come back 4-6 weeks for another test to make sure. I feel like it was a false negative, but they are so sure so we'll see again. I've heard so many positive culture,false negative blood culture stories. 
    • gonnakillher
      I would say get a WB at 6+ months. After that, you have pretty much exhausted all your options. But still you need to find out what the problem is. It could still be something seriously affecting your health/future. Much more important than sex right now. If the WB pops positive, does it matter the location? You can still pass it.  Really man, I could go on forever about how society has twisted your mind into thinking sex is such a priority but I don't have time to and it wouldn't be effective anyway. Seems like you can't be tamed. But believe me, you won't be wasting your senior year if you don't have multiple sex partners. You'll be wasting your senior year worrying about having it. And if you don't change your thinking on it, you're never going to settle for 1 vagina...ever. Forget a long-term relationship. Trust me, the same pussy loses it's attraction unless you love the person it's attached to. Figure that out first.  No, it's not your incompetent doctors' fault. It will be your fault. You will be pulling the trigger.  I'm 33. I used to think like you. "So much pussy, so little time." Now I know better. Trust me, when you marry you will regret every single one that wasn't your wife. 
    • Blahdittilyblah
      I found out a couple weeks ago. I was first tested by blood because I had symptoms. Igg came back negative thought I was in the clear but the next day I developed the wonderful blister pattern. When that happen we were trying to get my partner tested and the doc wanted to culture my sores. They did a PCR and confirmed later it was HSV 2. I did have an outbreak, which really didn't hurt, the sores didn't hurt just the swollen lymph nodes. I didn't take any anti virals for the first couple weeks but finally did. My partner claimed to have had no knowledge of her HSV 2 status so I can only believe her word. Not mad at her and don't think differently of her just the way life goes sometimes, I don't spend to much time worrying about something I can't change although I'm sure I'll be terrified of and when I have to have a disclosure talk . You have been here since March how has it been going processing all of this for you. 
    • hopeful Rylee
      Did you ever receive feedback?  
  • Featured