Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sugamama

Nonstop outbreaks- help!!

4 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

I am feeling really frustrated and down today. I have been having nonstop outbreaks since being diagnosed with HSV-2 back in October, 2009. My doctor initially misdiagnosed it and then put me on Valtrex 500mg twice daily. I continued at 500mg daily for suppression, but thats not working. I have prodromal symptoms every 3-4 days (burning, shooting pains down L. inner thigh, itching) and then develop redness and itching externally on vagina and around anus. I also sometimes get pimple like sores in anal area and have burning with urination and a feeling almost like menstrual cramps. Also a lot of vaginal discharge and odor at times too.

I have not had sex with my boyfriend since getting diagnosed because I am never without symptoms. This really sucks!! I have been treated for BV twice without much relief, and I'm at my wits end. I went back to see my doc and she basically told me I wasn't really having outbreaks zsince there were no blisters present, and that I should just stop the valtrex since it isn't really working. That was sure helpful!!

I have completely cut out nuts and seeds from my diet. I have also tried Lysine, Echinacea, Vit B, C, and zinc off and on and am considering trying a higher dose of Valtrex. This has to end!! For those who are using Valtrex 1000mg suppressively, how long does it take to start working? Also, if you are taking all the supplements consistently, how long does that take to start working. I have plans to go on some vacations this summer with my boyfriend and would love to be able to have sex with him again.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

Hi there - hang in there. I had back to back OB's for the first year. It was awful. After time it does get better and the OB's will be be less and less severe. I had the buring in between and it was just non stop. I too took the Valtrex and it did NOTHING. Your body needs to adjust but the main thing is you really need to stop stressing because it just makes it worse, it really does. it's been just three years for me and now I get OB's maybe once a month and very mild. I took supp meds for almost three years but now only taking them if i have symptoms and only they actually seem to work better now for me and only take them for a day or two. I'm here for you if you want to talk off line - hang in there. Epsom salts baths help ALOT! And no need to stop eating anything. I find that you are more miserable when you cut out foods so I just live a normal eating lifestyle and just cut back on foods high in acid when haveing an OB - it does suck but promise it does get better.

Thank you Brookie for sharing and offering me support.

Hi there - hang in there. I had back to back OB's for the first year. It was awful. After time it does get better and the OB's will be be less and less severe. I had the buring in between and it was just non stop. I too took the Valtrex and it did NOTHING. Your body needs to adjust but the main thing is you really need to stop stressing because it just makes it worse, it really does. it's been just three years for me and now I get OB's maybe once a month and very mild. I took supp meds for almost three years but now only taking them if i have symptoms and only they actually seem to work better now for me and only take them for a day or two. I'm here for you if you want to talk off line - hang in there. Epsom salts baths help ALOT! And no need to stop eating anything. I find that you are more miserable when you cut out foods so I just live a normal eating lifestyle and just cut back on foods high in acid when haveing an OB - it does suck but promise it does get better.

everyone with H needs to work with Dr bloom for a cure. I know a lot of people try to be nice on this forum but getting pissed off at herpes is a good time to do something about a cure. Its not true that herpes gets better over time and for most people it can get worse. Lets work on the cure people. we need your votes now click the link and vote!!!!!!!!! http://www.refresheverything.com/herpestreatment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Latest Buzz

• SomethingsUp
      @gonnakillher that sounds so much like my experience, it's crazy. I have less symptoms - but the occasional swollen (2x in the left groin for me) lymph nodes, the lower body nerve pains, the lower back pain (worst right after encounter), the arm shocking. I have no itching or skin symptoms but have some ear ringing, muscle twitches.... And the thing is, I really want to believe I don't have it.

I cling to the fact that she had HSV-2 for eight years, confirmed, and never knowingly passed it. I cling to the fact that I remember some minor back pains when I was sick a few weeks before the encounter, and that never totally went away. I cling to the fact that I'm a long time vegan and could have B12 deficiency (tough I took superdoses of B12 since April almost daily). I REALLY cling to the fact that I had a left eye twitch before the encounter, even if it got worse.

I really really want to believe it's not herpes. I want to believe that getting intimate with a woman I really liked who was HSV positive after only a month and a half of dating was not an awful mistake. I try to convince myself that maybe I've had swollen lymph nodes in my groin before but never touched it enough to know. I do, after all, have swollen lymph nodes in my neck that I notice. I've even written off several potential lesions as cystic acne (which I get regularly). I say all of that to say that I get frustrated when people say "why do you want to believe it's herpes?" just because I'm curious after a negative test 14+ weeks out. I really, really don't want it to be herpes. But all of these brand new sensations. The nerve pains all over my body, the lymph nodes, the leg muscle twitches - all started four days after exposure. The fact that the initial sensations were different and closer to my groin than the subsequent ones. That's scary to me. And it's so close to what you describe @gonnakiller.

Just really hoping the stretches occasional minor eye twitches, along with the heart papiltations, that I got a month or two before exposure developed into something and this is all a series of coincidences. I don't know when I'll have closure.

The sad part is, I'm terrified of the stigma. Dating. These symptoms are not life altering in the slightest. I'm 30 and know a few women I'm interested in. They're interested in me. I don't know how to proceed.
    • Lisajd
      The first 6 to 12 months is higher possibility of transmission hence why hes ended up with it.  Some transmit and some dont but he did make the choice.  I have seen other situations such as this and the guys do end up.struggling with it...but hey we all do.   @Hester anti virals and condoms reduce risk but also its about you understanding your body and symptoms
    • Hester
      Would hsv2 show up that far away from the genital area?  Could you go to Planned Patent hood and have them swab it?
    • faithandhope55
      Well when I went in for the results I wasn't having anymore burning.  I contracted this a long time ago I am sure because I have been divorced for 8 yrs and not in a relationship since.  I can remember having a bump here and there many many yrs ago but lasted a few days and went away and was always in the same spot.  I also would have some irritation ever so often but just thought razor burn or friction rub.  The main reason I went was the non stop feeling like I needed to urinate and genital burning.  I guess since I told her I had never had what I thought was a big OB she didn't give me antivirals. 
    • Lisajd
      Hey brooke you cant get herpes all over you.  Its contagious but if you take precautions its like 2% for hsv2 so dont think you cant be in a relationship.   All you can do is try to deal with it as best you can.   
    • Hester
      I'm surprised they didn't give you antivirals. 
    • faithandhope55
      I was diagnosed with HSV2 about 2 weeks ago.  I went into the doctor with burning in my genital area and frequent urination.  Upon examination she said everything looked fine but did a blood test to be sure and it came back positive.  She gave me lidocaine gel which I have started using because now I have the redness and irritation there.  The weird thing is that I feel the most discomfort when I am sitting down.  I can stand and not feel the burning and even when I urinate it does not hurt when the urine touches it.  It does not hurt to wipe, never has.  It seems like only when I sit down alot does it really bother me to where I need the lidocaine.  I am not on antivirals but wonder if I should be?  This is just so confusing for me.
    • Hester
      He is old enough to make his own decisions. I know you must feel terribly guilty. But he knew your status. How is he coping emotionally?  I hate this virus so much! I'm afraid of passing this on too.  scary how infectious it is!  Were you on antivirals and using condoms??  This news makes me anxious
    • VVK
      If you've disclosed to him and he elected to stay, he made his choice - you didn't take advantage of him. It's hard to give advice because everyone copes with their outbreaks differently - he may or may not want your support at the level that you are wanting to provide it. He may or may not want to talk about it. I read a previous post of yours about what your bf's attitude was towards herpes.. it's concerning, but hopefully he had time to reflect upon what he said since then and his attitude isn't the same as it was back then. Providing support to a newly infected partner is complicated. The best advice that I can give you is to be there to listen first and foremost.. and to tread carefully so that you don't accidentally step on feelings that you can't sense right now in him.
    • Seeker1960
      Hi @gonnakillher I totally relate to what you posted. I am in a similar situation.  I have tested negative via igg @ 4,8,12&15 weeks and postive for hsv1 @ 17 weeks via Western Blot. I am worried have genit HSV2 that is mot being picked up. I have had all maner of nerve pains and issues since infection but i wish i could know for sure.
  • Featured