World's Largest Herpes Support Group

• Donate

If Honeycomb has helped you, please help us by making a donation so we can provide you with even better features and services.

• The Hive is Thriving!

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • 0_unsure-if-it-is-herpes.png

Nervous about dating with herpes? Skip "the talk" and browse profiles here.

Sign in to follow this  
LittleBC

Sex Resorts and Clubs for the Herpes Infected

LittleBC

I was wondering if anyone has heard of there being any weekend conventions, inns or resorts anywhere where people who are infected with herpes genitally could meet others like them for dating, romance and sex ? This includes sex clubs for HSV people only. Has anyone heard of any of this existing anywhere ? And, if these existed, would you be interested in trying such a thing yourself ? If so, which ?

I know there are specialty sex clubs and inns in certain places for gay men, like in Key West, Florida. This is where I got the idea. Now I am not comparing being gay to having HSV... just thinking that why couldn't there be this kind of thing for those infected with HSV ? We are a subset of people with certain sexual needs and issues, after all. Wouldn't it make life easier for connecting if you could meet others with HSV in a nice vacation place where there's a romantic inn with dating events or if there was an HSV-infected only sex club?

Not everybody wants to find a life partner or a significant other, either. What if you just want recreational sex ? Unless you're irresponsible and you don't tell others you have genital HSV, then you pretty much can't have no-strings sex anymore, you've got to be in a relationship one-on-one with someone else who accepts your HSV and takes the risk of having sex with you that they could be infected. If there were sex clubs and convention weekends for those with HSV, it would make meeting others you could more readily get sexually intimate with so much more easier.

Yes, I am aware that just because two people have HSV, that doesn't mean they will be compatible. However, at a travel destination club or resort you would have the option to meet many more people than say, at a local area herpes members' club only. And yes, I know you could meet someone who not only has HSV but might have another STD as well and still infect you with that. However, at least the HSV issue would be out of the way. It would also make it more likely, depending on how you assess the risk factors, to engage in and enjoy oral sex again without condoms or dental dams always being required. For those who might be interested in it, group sex would be a possibility again.

regret

and your assuming that everyone at this club will be ethical and not tell you if they have some other virus?.. i would never even consider that option, too risky,not meaningful, just an empty recreational activity that could kill you with something worse

WarriorKing

Florida has a few active social groups.

http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/floridaherpesclub/

As with all people there will be people looking for long term relationships and some just looking for a physical thing.

http://nationalhclub.com/ posts activities around the country, but again, these are not "sex" meetups but I am sure it sometimes happens. There is a large one in St Pete, Florida each November.

At mpwh, hwerks, and positivesingles you can also find a mix of people.

Jambolynn

Not really my type of party. Even if I didn't have H I wouldn't be participating in "recreational sex." Besides the risk of adding another std notch to my belt, having sex with strangers just doesn't appeal to me in any way. But hey! To each their own! I've never heard of such a place but I'm sure there are tons of people out there that would be very interested in something like this.

LittleBC

Thanks for everyone's input so far. For further clarification, I have two ideas going on here... Idea #1 is a resort or inn where HSV singles can meet for romance, dating and/or sex. Imagine a big Las Vegas type resort or a quaint country inn with all sorts of activities to help HSV singles meet and socialize.

Idea 2 is a sex club, less geared toward long term relationships. Please tell me which idea(s) would interest you and which would not, and why.

MissHope

There was a post on here a while ago about this same thing..... I think a few places were named. You may want to do a search and see what comes up....?

chooseyourbattles

I've engaged in group sex since I got HSV, with people who didn't have it.

I like your idea. But not for me. It just seems kind of defeatist and gross.

gotitsowhat

Hmmm...

Not really my kind of thing, any of it; I had all my orgies in the '60s (LOL).

However, if you did want to run a sex club for hsv infected people, one of the rules could be that anyone attending would have to have a recent "complete STD screening," so that they would not pass on anything else to people who already have a viral companion for life. This would work out nicely, for a change, since those screenings never include herpes--and, for this, wouldn't need to.

listentometalk

Well I actually really miss spontaneous, casual sex, and you're right - that ends with the diagnosis. For those of you that are super paranoid about getting another STD, it's actually not all that likely, given the company. People with HSV generally have a lot less partners than people without, and they tend to be much more careful when they get some. You'd still have to be on guard, of course, but it'd be a much safer experience than trusting your health to someone who's never experienced an STD and, consequently, probably isn't as educated about it (out of sight, out of mind).

A lot of the people that are talking like a few casual encounters would guarantee you a second STD have very likely never had casual sex to begin with. Contrary to what you'd think, STDs don't seem to be as common as they're advertised, as long as you're not in one of the higher risk groups. Myself, I had close to 40-some-odd partners before I met the girl who would give me HSV (and she was upfront with it before we dated).

None of them gave me anything, and I have to admit that I didn't use a condom with about 80% (I was pretty stupid, granted, young and "invincible"). By all odds, if 1 in 5 women have it, I would've had it by then. But I had gotten tested time and again, out of the window, and I never came up with anything at all. So, it's a bit of an irony - the "dangerous" spontaneous sex with near-strangers kept me clean, whereas the "safe" long-term relationship did not. I realize this is not going to be everyone's luck, but just keep this in mind when you assume that casual sex=STD.

mmb347

Thumbs Up!

I like this idea, it would be nice to get laid on a regular, insteading of waiting for some prick to call me when he needs me again. Not to mention it would be nice to meet people who have what I have, I would love to have some friends that have herps so that I can talk with someone who is going through the same thing I am! I can picture it already, so many new friends, so many possiblities. I love the resort idea, because that mean your meetings with the other guests could be friendship, courtship, romance, or two or more bodies rubbing together for a night or two of fun. ^_^

Pstyles

good idea!!!

ty LittleBc for that good idea because even if you go to one of the norm vacation spots you still carry this shit with you( hsv).And if you meet someone in one of these resorts it would be nice to meet someone in one of those nice white sand and blue water spots but with someone new and refreshing.And if you want to stay in touch afterthe vac. even better.So love ty for that good idea now lets hope someone could bring it to life:wavey:

Pstyles

true

mmb347 I love that your honest and I to love the idea of a resort. I to would love to have new friends that have what have and then turn it up a notch lol. :rolleyes:

mmb347
mmb347 I love that your honest and I to love the idea of a resort. I to would love to have new friends that have what have and then turn it up a notch lol. :rolleyes:

Lol thank you ^_^

LittleBC
Not to mention it would be nice to meet people who have what I have, I would love to have some friends that have herps so that I can talk with someone who is going through the same thing I am! I can picture it already, so many new friends, so many possiblities. I love the resort idea, because that mean your meetings with the other guests could be friendship, courtship, romance, or two or more bodies rubbing together for a night or two of fun. ^_^

That's really great- the idea that people can meet FRIENDS too who also have herpes... rather than the focus be only upon finding love/sex partners or hook-ups. In the long run, friends are just as important and valuable, and sometimes moreso, than lovers.

Thanks for your thoughts, mmb347- Brainyblonde, listentometalk and Pstyles too. :wavey:

Anyone else have thoughts to share ? :)

mmb347
ty LittleBc for that good idea because even if you go to one of the norm vacation spots you still carry this shit with you( hsv).And if you meet someone in one of these resorts it would be nice to meet someone in one of those nice white sand and blue water spots but with someone new and refreshing.And if you want to stay in touch afterthe vac. even better.So love ty for that good idea now lets hope someone could bring it to life:wavey:

you know LittleBc should get this idea and turn it into a reality so that people, like you and I can come together and hang out with our fellow herpes brothers and sisters. So LittleBc get on the ball and start mapping out your idea, so that we can get this underway. lol

NolaTown

wouldnt that be interesting. everyone already knows that not using protection is what got us in this predicament in the first place. so that will not be an issue. you dont have to tell the "BIG SECRET" because everybody already knows. wow. something to think about.

cookie1978

Would you ask

for an STD screening a week prior to their reservation times? I mean... the idea is excellent (and borders an idea that I've had-just waiting on the winning lottery ticket to start it LOL) but it would also attract people with other conditions, and since we already have herpes and don't want to have the talk, etc.... it might give off the wrong idea to some other people.

Just saying, what would be the implementation of safety for the vacationers?

LittleBC
you know LittleBc should get this idea and turn it into a reality so that people, like you and I can come together and hang out with our fellow herpes brothers and sisters. So LittleBc get on the ball and start mapping out your idea, so that we can get this underway. lol

I wish I had the resources to bring my idea to life but I don't. I'm hoping someone else will take this idea up and make it a reality. :)

LittleBC
for an STD screening a week prior to their reservation times? I mean... the idea is excellent (and borders an idea that I've had-just waiting on the winning lottery ticket to start it LOL) but it would also attract people with other conditions, and since we already have herpes and don't want to have the talk, etc.... it might give off the wrong idea to some other people.

Just saying, what would be the implementation of safety for the vacationers?

Good thoughts. Tell ya, if you don't win the lottery and I do, then I'd love to make my idea a reality. But if you win the lottery first, will you do it ?

As far as being able to avoid "the talk" but then maybe hooking up with others who have other, additional std's...that is entirely possible. That is something to think about- how to make it "safe" for vacationers. I'm not sure that's entirely possible in reality. Someone is really only "safe" if they get and show you same day testing results with a full std panel. Otherwise, anything can happen. Perhaps a clinic with low cost, full panel, instant results testing should be on the premises of a resort catering to those with herpes. That would help, but nothing truly guarantees anyone's sexual safety. Therefore, the best bet is to give the basics of stds classes at the resort and have everyone sign legal waivers if they stay as guests... making them understand the resort is not legally liable for the results of any sexual encounters.

Maybe if the resort is a huge one in Las Vegas, there could be guests staying there with all the different std's... looking to meet others with the same std they have. That would be more all-encompassing, more educational, and I think more profitable, in the long run.

giftedgrl

I'm in : ) As far as catching other stds, you always take a risk with sex. I thinnk people on this forum, on the std dating sites and anyone who would be interested in this idea has already made the decision that they care about theri health and have integrity concering their condition. Why else would they want to meet people this way? Other wise, if they didn't care about their own or others sexual health they would be picking up people at bars. You should try and set it up yourself, we could all just meet in Vegas or Miami. Friends, lovers, mates, it all sounds good!

LittleBC

Did some Googling today and found these few websites for those with herpes who are interested in swinging:

http://www.monobie.org/swingers-with-herpes.htm

http://www.hswing.com/

I'm not sure how active or good these sites are... they don't seem to be very active, from a quick glance over. If anyone looks further into them or joins them, let me know how it goes.

This is a page from a very active site for swingers:

SwingLifeStyle.com

blue84

You guys can date out side of std market..just be safe..and just because you got a std doesn't mean shit...I still got game no matter what its all how you sale yourself..I feel that by taking a std website you migth fall into more into risk if someone lies to u telling u they got herpes and they really got HIV..and because some of us got h2 its easier to get HIV..if they lie to u...because u decided to date someone w a std that lie to u...I guess to avoid that get person and u tested before intercourse ...you can always get h1 if you got h2 or the other way around..all am saying keep your opinions open don't be narrow minded ..std doesn't mean you ain't worth shit