Stephaniehatesthis

Not sure if this is a coincidence

7 posts in this topic

I was diagnosed with GHSV-1 about 2 years ago. When I was first diagnosed I noticed a very weird feeling in my throat--my glands were enormous. I later find out that I have herpes, and all is good and great with that. =/

I'm wondering if my recurring pharingitis/tonsilitis has ANYTHING to do with my herpes. I have never in my life had issues with my tonsils/throat/anything until now. And the beginning of the tonsil/throat issues was coincidentally at the same time of my diagnosis. Is this just coincidence?

I'm looking into getting my tonsils removed, that's how frequent it has been. Last year was horrendous, back-to-back episodes of pharangitis/golf balls in the back of my throat, and being on Bactrim all the time. Now I'm on it again. I mentioned to my doctor about getting my tonsils out, as this is extremely inconvenient for me (I cannot keep dealing with this throat stuff every so often). I want my tonsils out. But I was wondering if this had any link to herpes. And was also wondering if getting my tonsils out would help at all. Because my patience is running thin.

Any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks,

Stephanie

sss123 likes this

its hard to say ,but if your tonsils swell up big i would think that would help. not to say you wouldnt have more episodes but once the tonsils are removed i dont know what else would swell up?

I'm having a hard time envisioning where exactly the swelling is happening. Are you sure this is your tonsils? It would be typical to get swollen lymph nodes in the neck with an initial outbreak. Also, you can get hsv1 in the back of the mouth / throat area, although I don't think it's common. It's usually more toward the lips/face.

Hi stephanie, 

I have been diagnosised with HSV-1 and similar to you found that around this time started to get tonsillitis frequently. Just wondering if you ever found out if the 2 things were linked? 

thanks ! 

Could it simply be that when your immune defenses are a bit low because of stress or whatever, you get an OB but also are at risk for another infection like tonsillitis?  Just a thought.

Edited by Hansje

yeah maybe not sure, i've had tonsillitis about 6 times in the past year and only one outbreak ever

• Herpes Dating Web Site

Guest, would you like to try dating another Herpster in your area?

Search Now
  • Newbies

• Latest Buzz

• gd123
      @WilsoInAus Thanks for your reply. Sorry, I think my post was unclear, this was the response from the sti testing company/advisory service, not the lab itself. I just think it's poor that they won't tell me what sort of igg it was and why they say 4-6 wks is sufficient.  It's the principle, a highly regarded testing company could be contributing to the amount of people unaware they have hsv, and the money side of it that makes me feel very strongly. I did previously let it go but it started to wind me up again so I thought I'd put the questions forward to them. Unfortunately I'm not educated in testing/hsv enough to put forward a decent, backed up argument. Maybe I should let it go, I just feel that it's wrong.
    • gd123
      @Franticheart this was before I knew anything about h or its incubation period, I was completely uneducated at this point and trusted them because they run clinics from a reputable bupa hospital near my house. I remember you recommending thesticlinic to me on a post I made in June, on that post I mentioned that I'd already had that 6 week test that I'm talking about with b2k. My repeat test is arranged with thesticlinic through you pointing me in their direction . I'm just angry that I can't get my £70 back from a pointless test and decided to pursue the concern with b2know yesterday!
    • Nightmare7575
      How do people respond when you tell them ?  It great you are so open,There is a story on the net from a woman who just tells everybody  whenever she has a chance and is just our to everybody..
    • Nightmare7575
      The boxer/underwear I wear come down to my thigh so they cover all the areas I have read on here that need to be covered. There is an old saying [necessity is the mother or all invention ] or something like that[lol].  Ideas are meant to be expanded on ,so biker shorts with a hole and condom.
    • Nightmare7575
      LillianPanos how do you join or get somebody to say your OK to join ? Thanks 
    • WilsoInAus
      That's all OK, bring all your questions here and we can see what we can do. 
  • Trending