Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Marie2010

Oral Herpes? (pictures)

9 posts in this topic

I hope someone can help calm my fears, although I'm sure I'll find out eventually...but maybe if I find out, I can get some OTC medication. I am worried that I might have oral herpes, or the start of them. A little over a month ago I had sex with a guy (and same guy once before that too, a couple weeks before that). Wondering if he happened to have oral herpes and if that's what I am experiencing on my lips now. Here are some pictures. Also inside my mouth too...I'm not sure what is going on. I'm going to see my doctor on Thursday because I am on some new medication so am wondering if I have the start of herpes or possible a side affect.

And I have no idea what's going on in my mouth.....

Here are pictures: http://www.flickr.com/photos/51728386@N06/?saved=1

To me it doesn't look like oral herpes. Could it be something bacterial or yeast? If you go to the Doctors and show them your tongue, I believe they will tell you it's nothing and don't worry about it. Just my opinion. As for your upper lip, I'm not sure what's going on there. I'm curious do you have any burning or tingling going on? I'm not sure what the doctors would say about your upper lip though.

Let us know how your doctor's appointment goes on Thursday, I'm curious.

Hi Jewel, thanks for your reply. I went to the doctor's and she said she didn't know what it was.

Blah. I continue to have burning on my lips at times, and my sore throat feeling, as well as the bumps on my mouth.

I'm really worried that I have an std. I was tested right before I had sex with that guy for stds and I did not have any then. So now I'm worried that I may have something.

they dont test for herpes in reguler std testing... did you perform oral on this guy? that may be whats up with the top lip,,and the tounge? not sure it could be a yeast infection ...use some mouthwash to see if that helps,,and the red dots? thats normal...

Those red dots on the back of your tongue are normal. Everybody has them.

Those bumps on your top lips doesn't look like herpes at all. It is probably fordyce spots or it may be a wart.

Oral Herpes

Have your doctor run a HSV culture on the spot and it will tell you if it is herpes or not.

Hi Marie, I don't know whether you still have the symptoms but I know that when I have a coldsore OB I don't get a single coldsore but the burning/tingling sensation you describe across the lips. Sometimes my lips get chapped and tight and then return to normal while other times it feels like the entire affected area is oozing. All I can say is that Carmex is my hero haha.

Hopefully it was all nothing :D

I am very curious Marie2010. Did you get any resolution to the tongue irritation? Anyone else have similar symptoms?

I get the red dots like Marie, that is how my tongue is for obs. They are painful.