World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
trying

Every outbreak is worse than the last

trying

shouldn't it be the other way around?

I'm beginning to think there might be something terribly wrong here...

Shayna
shouldn't it be the other way around?

I'm beginning to think there might be something terribly wrong here...

Hi there, trying!

This may sound like a pin in the rear, but you may want to keep a diary of everything you eat, how much sleep you are getting, exercise, how much water you drink daily, and what supplements you are taking daily.

This would likely give you an idea of where you may need to make some changes. It wouldn't hurt to talk to your dr. about it as well. If you could work with a naturopath that could help a lot but I know it's expensive. There are many things you can do naturally that can help a lot!!

I hope you feel better soon!!!

trying

I'm very careful about what I eat.

Always drink lots of water.

I tend to drink a lot of alcohol as well, which doesn't seem to be a trigger for me either, considering I drink almost every day but these bad outbreaks come about once every couple months or so.

I am on anti-virals, I've tried all different kinds currently on famvir.

I also take lysine and red marine algae and olive leaf.

And I use releev topically.

Basically, I'm doing everything that I could be doing to combat this virus, and I continue to lose lose lose.

edit: this outbreak is horrible, all over my toplip and (for the first time) also on my bottom lip. really oozy and nasty and spread out. AND it just so happens I have two people coming to visit for the next 14 days. the timing could not be worse.

RealisticGal

Stress

Over and above all the dietary things, alcohol, etc. --- the main trigger for most folks seems to come down to stress.

So perhaps a hard look at the stressors in your life, and what you are doing to manage them, could be helpful...

trying

so...

I had a culture and blood test taken, and.........

both were NEGATIVE!

so the dr. is completely stumped as to what these outbreaks are on my lips, since all tests thus far have been negative for hsv.

I'm worried that it could be cancer/an immune issue/rheumatoid issue, although all of this is still very unclear to me.

ack!

RealisticGal

Wow. That must be horribly frustrating and scary. No idea what to suggest to you.

Hang in there!

Denise 07

Great news that your test results are negative! Maybe it's a bad case of acne? Have you seen a dermatologist? That's what I would do if I were you.