World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
Katanga27

would like some input from everyone

Katanga27

So I got tested for serum herpes about a month ago, and it came back negative. Since then I have been dating this girl and had sex about since about 3 weeks ago. I have never had a sore on or around my penis until about 4 days ago when i noticed one around the base of my penis, but there's also another whitish bump thats red around it. My question is, she states that she has never had any symptoms and has been tested recently too and negative. I have only been with her since i had the test so i was wondering if its possible i got it previously before my test and symptoms havn't shown up until now. Also we used condoms everytime. It just doesn't make sense to me, and I actually feel really bad that I may have had it before and may have passed it on to her now. , Thanks guys

Acrobat

when you get infected your first outbreak comes within days of exposure, sounds like you got it from her unless you've had it before on the same spot.

sorry.

RealisticGal

It's possible that your antibodies had not formed enough to be detected by a blood test yet. Were you testing because you thought someone else you had been intimate with had it?

As far as protection, condoms only cover a small portion of the genital area. There is a whole lot more territory down there (the whole "boxer short area") that can offer a place where skin to skin contact can occur, and thus the virus can be passed.

Note to acrobat's comment >>> not necessarily true. A primary OB may not show up for weeks, months or even years after exposure.

Katanga27

I got tested because I have had prostate issues...chronic prostatitis which is rare for someone my age28. And just wanted to get a slew of bloodwork done as a piece of mind. Was thrilled when it came back neg, then this happened. Only she says she's never had an ob or any symptoms before and to answer the question no i have never had ulcers or sores where they are now

RealisticGal
I got tested because I have had prostate issues...chronic prostatitis which is rare for someone my age28. And just wanted to get a slew of bloodwork done as a piece of mind. Was thrilled when it came back neg, then this happened. Only she says she's never had an ob or any symptoms before and to answer the question no i have never had ulcers or sores where they are now

Where they are now? So you are having lesions at this time?

Katanga27

Yepper i have one thats like sort of under the shaft, about 2 cm into the scrotum and my penis is always over top of it so its always moist and having a hard time healing. And then I have another one at the base of my penis which is raised and white but has a dark spot in the middle like a volacano, it doesn't really look like herpes and hasn't opened or done anytning in 4 days. and the third one is about 3cm above the base of my penis in my pubic region, i thought it was an i ngrown hair so i plucked the hair out of it and kidna didn't get a good look before i started digging in there. But like i said its been 4 days and they havn't healed, told the girl i was seeing last night and showed her. She was suprisingly very understanding and has agreed to get a blood test to see if she was the carrier or if I got it somewhere else

RealisticGal
Yepper i have one thats like sort of under the shaft, about 2 cm into the scrotum and my penis is always over top of it so its always moist and having a hard time healing. And then I have another one at the base of my penis which is raised and white but has a dark spot in the middle like a volacano, it doesn't really look like herpes and hasn't opened or done anytning in 4 days. and the third one is about 3cm above the base of my penis in my pubic region, i thought it was an i ngrown hair so i plucked the hair out of it and kidna didn't get a good look before i started digging in there. But like i said its been 4 days and they havn't healed, told the girl i was seeing last night and showed her. She was suprisingly very understanding and has agreed to get a blood test to see if she was the carrier or if I got it somewhere else

Well...good for you and good for her!!!

But unless I'm misunderstanding, you don't know for sure yet that you have herpes.

You should get those lesions swabbed if they are still fresh. That would be more definitive than blood testing anyway.

Katanga27

Yes they have been swabbed and im an RN and have seen many before and I really don't have a good feeling about them, there's really nothing else they could be.

RealisticGal

Well, let us know, okay?

In the meantime, good thoughts your direction.

Katanga27

Thanks for the thoughts but got the results today...type 1 positive. Feel like my life just suddenly changed in an instant

livinglife06

I'm not a RN, but I had that same sick feeling before I went in and got tested. I also understand how you feel like your life is totally altered. Try to stay positive. And I hope your girlfriend remains just as understanding and gets tested herself. Good luck!

RealisticGal

And those were results from swab and culture, right?

So you have Genital HSV1?

Hope you have the more typically mild course, in that case. It doesn't change the stigma, but it would at least moderate the pain a bit.

:hmmmm2:

Katanga27

ya my ob wasn't bad, its already gone lasted about 6 days three small sores. And yes I tested negative for serum herpes 4 weeks ago an dnow I tested positive in the swab for hsv-1, lesser of the two evils i guess. I think this is Gods way of telling me that I need to stop focussing on trying to vear me away from the lifestyle i was living and look for that girl that means more then that. Because to be honest this was bound to happen, and i think all things happen for a reason. I think I understand mine.... still sucks tho