World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
4rosalie321

how soon are you likely to get an outbreak again after your first ob?

4rosalie321

Hi, so i was just wondering from other people's experiences how long can it be after your first ob until you have a reacurrance? I know it is different for all and some don't have any, but i was just wondering what people's experiences are.

I my first ob about 3 weeks ago,(type 2 genital) and haven't had any sores now for about 8/9 days (but has been a bit itchy) but last night and today i had the exact same symptoms as had with first ob- really tingly and pain in my bum and down my legs. Plus itchy/tingly feeling in genitals; more than last week since sores had cleared up and got a bit worried that it might be the signs of another ob, but wasn't sure if it was possible to have another one so soon, or if it is connected to the first ob still.

I am going on holiday on saturday as well, and i really didn't want to have an ob when i was abroad, so i wasn't sure whether to take aciclovoir anyway and presume it was the start of an ob. I would rather take some and hopefully have it not be so long if i am on hol, but at the same time i do not wanna take the meds if i don't actually need it.

Ahh sorry rather long question, i did of course try to ask all this to my doctor, but they are useless and impossible to get through to, and there is only like half an hour in the morning when everyone is ringing when i can get them to call me- which is really annoying me. I told them it was important and they just said sorry no one can speak to you now, ring back tomorrow! :(

Thanks for any advice people can tell me, sure it is just me thinking about it all to much lol.

But i am staying calm right now, refuse to stress out about it lol :p

Jambolynn

Hi Rosalie!

Herpes is different for everyone. Some people have one outbreak and never experience another while some have outbreaks back to back. It's really hard to say when or if you should expect another outbreak. Since you are going on vacation and really don't want to have an outbreak during that time I'd take the meds just to be on the safe side. It won't hurt anything and could potentially stop an outbreak if you do actually have one coming. My experience was one initial outbreak that was very mild, two more back to back about 4 months after the initial that were even more mild and absolutely nothing since and it's been well over a year and I wasn't on meds until 2 months ago to protect my partner. But like I said... everyone's experience with H is different. Good luck and enjoy your holiday!!

4rosalie321

Hey, thanks! :) yeah, i was kinda leaning towards taking the meds anyway, seeing as i didn't want it to ruin my hol- wasn't sure if it would harm taking it if didn't actually need it- (which have no way of knowing yet, as not too sure on my symptoms get as only had one ob so far)

But seeing as not know if need it til a bit to late to start taking it, figured just take it now and fingers crossed hope for the best will make it go away or be not as bad/go away quicker if having another ob. Or i don't get anything cos just me going mad lol.:D

Jambolynn

Yea at first you think every little tingle, bump, itch etc. is the beginning of an outbreak. That goes away with time. Half the time I think it's mostly in your head because you're just being overly aware... or atleast that's how it is for me. The meds can't hurt you if you take them when you're not having an outbreak. A lot of people, including me, take them daily for supression. So taking them just to be on the safe side will not harm you. =)

4rosalie321

Hey thanks Jambolynn! :D Yes, i reckon that is the same for me at the moment, you imagine everything could be an ob lol. Well that is good to know then, i am so glad there are places like this where you can ask things or i would prob drive myself mad wondering about everything lol.

x

heatherx

i had my 2nd outbreak 3 days after my first one cleared up. mine is related to the time of the month so i get it every month. when u feel a tingel u can use lomabrit cream its amazinggg

regret

first few months i had them back to back and i itched all the time for the first 6 mo, after that it only showed up during my monthly, but got on the depo shot and i get one still oncea month but im able to catch it soon enough to where it doesnt break out,, as soon as i feel it getting tender down there i start taking my medication

nicodemusliam

At this point I recommend either another full week of valtrex or starting suppressive therapy. The first ob can take a long time to fully run its course unfortunately. It sounds like otherwise you've been covering your bases. I'd avoid sex for another week or so yet because of the irritation down yonder.

perdue

My first outbreak (a mild one) is coming up on 4 weeks ago. It was premenstrual. It cleared up relatively quickly and I have not experienced any further outbreaks or noticeable symptoms. I have not taken any medications at all, only supplements.

I'm bracing myself because I'm nearing that time of the month again and I just hope I can get through it without an outbreak. My first outbreak happened out of the blue and I have no way to know how long I've had the virus in my system (it was probably with me for years) so hopefully, it won't want to announce itself again for a long while. Regardless of what happens, I know I'll get through it.

All the best to all of you.