World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
Cure Coming Soon

Amazing new News from Dr. Bloom

Cure Coming Soon

This is an email I received from LL77.

"Dr. Bloom has written the HCC President the following email tonight July 22 after learning UF was a Grant Recipient....

Hi HCC President-

This is fantastic!!! We turned the paper work into Pepsi Global Giving last week, but had not heard the final verdict until your email! Thank you again *so much* for all of your help and support. You (and your supporters) have truly been a catalyst to get this project moving forward one step closer to clinical trials.

Our plans are to initiate the reactivation studies in late August (it will take us a few weeks to secure the rabbits and get all of the ribozymes synthesized).

And yes, we will tap into the HSV-1 account (close to $10K now) to perform the AAV vector delivery tests. I am very excited about being able to move those tests forward.

As for the HSV-2 funds, I spoke with our Greg Schultz (our team member from ObGyn) and he suggested we use those funds to synthesize the homologous ribozymes to target HSV-2 and to start moving that arm of the project forward. These studies will be limited to in vitro studies, but would be a critical first step in that area. Greg would help direct that study, freeing me to focus my efforts on the HSV-1 project.

I will give you additional details in the coming weeks as we finalize our plans and timelines.

Thanks again!

Dave

solvingtheproblem

Congrats!!

That is AMAZING news!! Thanks again to you and LL77 for all the hard work you put in to make this happen!

mamaem
That is AMAZING news!! Thanks again to you and LL77 for all the hard work you put in to make this happen!

Thanks, but I can't take credit for any of this, I haven't done anything but passing on news... LivingLife77, CureComingSoon and Isoguru made this happen together with everyone that voted - they deserve a medal...

solvingtheproblem

oops

Yeah, sorry...that was directed to CCS, but thanks to you, too, for voting! :p

mamaem
Yeah, sorry...that was directed to CCS, but thanks to you, too, for voting! :p

Can't even take the credit for that, I am in Australia and wasn't allowed to vote :wink:

But I kept my fingers and toes crossed for good luck for the entire month..... So I did something....

shiningstarabove

Wonderful news.... Thanks to all who have supported and worked so hard.

awaken

LL77 and CCS, my personal gratitude to the two of you on this mission. Thank you for your spinal fortitude and fight. Thanks to the HCC community for backing these two up. Hopefully these efforts will have real results. Looking forward to kicking ass on our next mission.

HopeAlive

Amazing!

This is fantastic! I can't believe we actually did it. I want to thank everyone who voted and promoted our cause. To LivingLife77, CureComingSoon and Isoguru: Your leadership and dedication are exceptional. I thank you three, and all other prominent leaders, for all your hard work.

This is further evidence of what our community can accomplish. We are united! Let us now decide on our next mission and move towards that goal with the same energy and enthusiasm.

Congratulations Everyone!!

thisgirlana

strength in numbers

This is GREAT news! Congrats and THANK YOU to the HCC and all supporting memeber. Strength in numbers! :cool:

notlikinghsv

Great job!!!

Great job!!! Please realize so many are thankful for all your hard work. And great to know so many voted!

Cure Coming Soon

I've got to thank a few people...

1st - Professor Bloom and his research team... Without them, we'd still be searching... You've got to be happy Professor Bloom took the HCC seriously and was willing to interact with us earlier on.

2nd - Pepsi Refresh Project - While they didn't help us get votes, if they didn't have this website, we'd still be adding up donations praying to get to $40K. We got to $17K with private donations and $50 from Pepsi, totaling $67K in about 7 months.

3rd - LivingLife77 (former member), Iosguru and myself :cool:

We targeted the issue which was cure research. All three of us played a very important role of getting Professor Bloom the $67K. There was alot of behind the scenes stuff that was involved. I know there's probably been over 50+ emails sent to Professor Bloom regarding research, donations and Pepsi. Without our recommendations to submit for the Pepsi Refresh Project, we'd still be asking for donations.

4th - HC-S.com website

Without allowing us, the members to use this website as a meeting point, we wouldn't have been as successful with the donations and votes. You've been a great resource and I along with many members of the cure sections hope this relationship continues.

5th - You, the member

Though I put you guys and gals last, without you, 2,3 and 4 wouldn't have matters. We wouldn't have got the donations nor the votes. You all should be very proud of yourself to be involved in getting $50K from Pepsi. For those who couldn't vote, we know you would've but the restrictions held you back. Stay proactive in the cures section. If we're ever cured of this disease, all the other support sections go away. This is the most important section to be involved in. This is the solution to the problem.

Just imagine being a Professor and not having the funding to conduct research. Imagine a group of focused individuals who contact you with an idea. We started with donations and thankfully we saw an ad for the Pepsi Refresh Project and didn't treat it like all other pop's up or ads online. Because of all of us, Professor Bloom will have the proper funding to conduct his necessary research, most importantly without delay.

While we've came a long way, our work is not done. We've got to continue to express interest in others who have what we want, cures. We've done it once for Professor Bloom, we'll do it again.